bob

General Video Game Chat Rising: Revengeance

16,750 replies to this topic

Maq

Yeah, I think the value of 5 probably went up since the series is basically dead now

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

SuperYoshi

Well I mean 5's a pretty old game in and of itself so I don't know if the series being dead has anything to do with it since it was long since dead when I bought it around 2008/2009 for like $20

PS2's weird.  It's at the tipping point of "Some games are still cheap as shit and others are fucking absurdly expensive", but not quite at the GameCube's level of insanity.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

Maq

Oh yeah, the prices I see for some Gamecube games is crazy. Like Melee usually goes for about $80+, I know it has a cult following and everything but damn. Even Paper Mario TTYD is pretty pricey nowadays.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

DaftPunkYoshi

I think aside from Metal Wolf Chaos, which is a Japanese import, and Steel Battalion, which was a super expensive game to begin with, most original Xbox games are still dirt cheap, thank god.

That is until video game collectors really start digging into Gen 6 consoles, which I hope it doesn't happen for quite some time (or if, at all).

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years What's this thing made out of? Lucario For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards Favorite Staff Member 2016 For collecting all the silver cards Completed Bronze set. Suggested quote to card #27 RIP DaftPunkYoshi. That old The YouTube sure is boring. Meeting tabull Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Doing enough shops in your time to be able to tell by the pixels Well, my gosh. What can I say except: you're going to Hyrule, and this is the final answer heard all around the world, he's won a million chewbucks! For having a blog entry featured: Stock-Aitken-Waterman/PWL Picks #1 User with Coolest Avatars 2014, User with Coolest Avatars 2015, User with Coolest Avatars 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Funniest Signatures, Best Musician 2015 March 2012 - Overall, Regular, Classic / April 2015 - Overall, Regular, Classic, YTPMV March 2012 - "Syncro-Voxing The Glory Days Of Retro Uniqueness" (Brain rape/Rape-core) / May 2015 - "The King Goes Senile" (Overall, Classic) Tennis Staff Member (June 2009 - August 2011) You won 20 medals. Congrats! 25 videos in the Poop Showroom. Awards contribution (Top 10 and WMM medals). MMMMMM...richer! Joined Vanilla on February of '08. YouChew 1984, Static TVs, Banjo-Kazooie Sign, and many others. For service. Dinero Remained 'strike-free' for at least 3 years. April Fools' Trivia. For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For posting 5 of your own YTP's in the Showroom. Participated in 10 successful collabs. Participated in the WMM Tourney. Participated in the Poop Tennis Season. Winner of a organized Tennis Tournament (WMM Tourney). Completed 10 Poop Tennis matches. Completed 5 Poop Tennis matches. Strike free for a whole year. Organizing the WMM Tourney with Strong414Bad. Winner of the Windows Movie Maker Tennis Tourney.

TAZ

I like retro games but I do not own many. My friend has become a serious collector. He has just about every console and a good library of games. When I get the urge to play classic games, I can go to his house and mooch on his stuff. It's convenient but sort of inhibits me from building my own collection.

Sometimes I think I should buy all the SNES and PS1 games for my collection. They will only get more expensive over time. Right now seems like the right time to buy up the games from those generations.

BWAAAH! For staying warn free for 9 years Thanks for the sweets yo! For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years July 2012 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For meeting up with the folks at Ohayocon! Thanks for being Strike-Free!

Whelt

The retro train has passed for me. I'm no game collector, I'm not overly picky anymore about having the "original" experience.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
User with Funniest Avatars 2015
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015
Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

SeductiveBaz

I'm only really interested in owning physical copies of my favourite older games, the ones I know I'll actually still play semi-regularly, though I am tempted by certain Japanese copies purely for the nice packaging design (after checking it looks like I could get Japan copies of Dynamite Headdy and Sonic CD for the same price as PAL copies which is pretty tempting). I've lost a lot of my old Mega Drive games, there's a chance they might be in the loft but I'm not sure, but annoyingly the only games I've found at reasonable prices are the ones I already owned/ maybe still own lol

I just want Mega Turrican at a reasonable price, is that too much to ask?

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2018 For staying warn free for 9 years For getting 20 awards For completing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 2 during the community challenge event. August 2014 - "Seductive Haz Been" (Brain rape/Rape-core) Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2014, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the category of Funniest Avatars.
User with Funniest Avatars 2014 March 2012 - Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 246 days before it was shut down Da I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS IS FOR! Ten. Five. 100% pink man For servicing all of us. Ribbit fuckin' Ribbit! For giving me a treat. Purr.

Maq

I wish I had a huge game collection, I get jealous of people like James Rolfe who have a million retro games lol, but I can really only afford to buy games I plan to play. I can't buy like some $200 super fancy JRPG or anything

Erazor

I played the demo for NieR: Automata.

It sucks. It's Metal Gear Rising only not as good, and none of the things that made NieR good appear to be there. I'm not even exaggerating when I make the comparison either. 2B has the same "Ninja Run" and several moves recycled from it (swords in shoes etc.), and the interface is pretty much exactly the same. Of course the Bayonetta dodge is there too because Platinum is so bereft of original ideas they have to resort to that one seemingly every game now. Being the smart folks they are, they decided to implement one of the only things I didn't like about the original game, that being the terrible overhead camera angles that appear out of nowhere.

It has that same, surface level "well it's functional" enjoyment every Platinum game has and that's about it.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Congratulations on finishing the first dungeon goddamnit. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Spooky Poop 2015 Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years SKINNER Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Maq

I remember the huge hype surrounding the new Nier game when they first showed the trailet at E3. I played the first one and it was a pretty good game, not the best game I ever played but it was fun. There's only so many ways you can make a hack n slash game though, at least with originality. MGR was so popular that Platinum must've thought "Let's make more games just like it but under different names" like uh, Scalebound or whatever

Mind you I love MGR, I think it's a fantastic game, but you can't just remake it under a different title

Whelt

I feel like something of a heretic because Platinum are supposed to be the gods of the genre, but I can't really get into any of their games. And yet I'm playing DmC (the edgy one by Ninja Theory) and kind of enjoying it right now, lol. We'll see if I don't get tired of it, but for now it looks and feels good.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Maq

If you ever get the chance you should try DMC 3. It's very difficult but really rewarding. I don't want to rant about Dante vs Donte blahblah whatever but 3 & 4 are probably the best games in the "main" series. 1 was very mediocre and 2 was, uh,

bad

Whelt

I own 4 on Steam. I don't remember when I got it, as is the case with most of my library, but it is there nonetheless. But I don't have 3.

Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018

Jayblin

I've got Automata preordered because it's one of the very few games I'm actually excited for these days, and I liked the demo enough. Me no good at debate so me just say that

Back to the "retro" talk, I looked up copies of Einhander on eBay and oh my lord I had no idea it ran for that much. I had a legitimate copy when I was a kid, and I traded it to a friend for his copy of Army Men: Sarge's War, and I just may be in the runnings for "dumbest man alive" today. If I had time travel I wouldn't use it to stop any assassinations, scandals, or even Rob Schneider in general, but rather go back to every single instance where I was a kid and about to give away any of my games, specifically Einhander and my Dreamcast with everything included (the box was in near-pristine condition ;_;). Well, except for Superman 64. I would go back in time to specifically give myself more copies of that just so I can experience the joy of getting rid of them with my kid-self.

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Erazor
3 minutes ago, Whelt said:

I feel like something of a heretic because Platinum are supposed to be the gods of the genre, but I can't really get into any of their games. And yet I'm playing DmC (the edgy one by Ninja Theory) and kind of enjoying it right now, lol. We'll see if I don't get tired of it, but for now it looks and feels good.

Having not played DmC, I can still attest through Enslaved and God of War: Girl Version that Ninja Theory do know their way around unique combat mechanics and a solid story. But after Automata and Transformers Devastation I don't think Platinum is going to be on my radar again. I'll buy Automata sure, because NieR is literally my favorite game ever but it's not really NieR. It's "Generic Platinum Game" in a cheap Halloween mask like Transformers: Devastation was.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Congratulations on finishing the first dungeon goddamnit. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Spooky Poop 2015 Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years SKINNER Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Maq

The version of 3 on Steam is supposedly not a very good port, from what I've heard. The game is the same but I see people argue about the resolution and stuff, but if that doesn't matter to you then you would still enjoy it. There's an HD collection of 1-3 on the PS3 and 360.

I think 4 is a good game, it gets a lot of flak because of a new protagonist and stuff but I enjoyed it a lot. Dante is still in the game anyway so who cares

There's also the special edition of 4 that lets you play as multiple characters like Vergil, Lady, Trish, etc. I don't know if there's much else to it but the vanilla version is just fine imo.

Whelt

I remember getting rid of my atomic purple GBC as a kid for the hefty sum of $5. Somewhat regrettable, though I don't miss it too much because I have a backlit SP now, and no way would I ever play anything on the dark age GBC/GBA systems anymore.

Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018

Ozarhok

I actually still enjoy playing GameBoy games on the actual GameBoy over my GameBoy Advance or GameBoy Player, it just has a certain charm to it that makes playing it a lot more enjoyable

For staying strike free for 7 years. The galaxy is at peace Metroid Prime early Ice Beam, Plasma Beam, and Power Bombs Metroid Fusion complete Super Metroid under 2 hours Metroid: Zero Mission 100% Metroid Prime 100% I chew chew chewse you! That's a lot of love!

For collecting all 45 unique candy hearts. *suggestive wave* EAT IT For getting 20 awards For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages during the community challenge. For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For staying strike free for 5 years. For winning the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For clearing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during the community challenge event. For clearing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award! Good work! Wow! For clearing Mario 1-3 & World during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 2015 Bingo For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. can fire in spurts Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Mmmmm...richer!

Jayblin

My purple GBC with Pokemon Yellow was stolen out of my brother's locker in school, and even though it was 100% obvious who stole it (and he even had proof at the time because the prick was fucking holding it in his hands when he got on the bus) the teacher didn't listen to my brother because "it's a video game which isn't allowed at school, so it's not their business". By the time I found out it was stolen about 2 weeks later when my brother finally couldn't take lying to me anymore it was too late and the fucking asshole who took it had already moved away. My brother was horrified because he didn't want me to know my favorite game/system was stolen, but if he just told me right away we would've gotten my mom involved and I know for a fact she would've rained down hard on the teacher who did nothing about it. My level 100 Nidoking, gone, like dust in the wind.

Kids who steal shit should be banned and illegal. I know stealing is already a crime, but if a kid does it it should be illegaler or something

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

TAZ

I do not have an SP or a light for my GBC. I've been playing Pokemon without a backlight and it's kind of annoying. Not sure how I put up with it as a kid. 

I have a teal GBC but lost the battery cover. I took the battery cover off my sister's grape GBC. It looks classy. My GBC is probably worth about $5. 

BWAAAH! For staying warn free for 9 years Thanks for the sweets yo! For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years July 2012 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For meeting up with the folks at Ohayocon! Thanks for being Strike-Free!