bob

General Video Game Chat Rising: Revengeance

15,163 posts in this topic

My 360 controller that I use for PC gaming isn't turning on for some reason. I have one of those USB wireless plug things, and the light is green but when I press the button on my 360 it doesn't turn on. Maybe the batteries are dead idk lol

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

edit: OOOOps

For writing the guest article "What is a Musical Leitmotif and How Do You Use It?" Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. For being on the Vanilla forums for 107 days before it was shut down

7 hours ago, SushieBoy said:

I haven't bought a lot of old games recently. Mostly because I have almost everything I want on the systems I own and prices are just getting ridiculous all over. I still go out to flea markets and whatever frequently to do hunting, but I rarely find anything that I've never seen before. I even went to a con a while back thinking I'd find something cool, expensive, but cool, and I found nothing. It wasn't a big con, but still. I remember finding all sorts of NES/SNES games at yard sales or flea markets on the cheap like eight years ago, Contra, Super C, Castlevania 1-4, Megaman 1-6 ect all for five bucks, now I don't find jack shit and it's all ebay prices. I haven't even been in the collecting game for a relatively long time compared to people who were doing it in the 90s and early 2000s, but the landscape went to hell years ago and anyone who wants to jump in now or doesn't have a headstart will not have a good time.

Also since it's relevant have a pic of my game shelf that I've posted once before:

RfnNcV7.jpg

I don't have a gorillion games like SY but I'm proud of it, most of this was through finds in flea markets and yard sales or game stores I've visited on travels, only a handful of things were online purchases, because paying online prices is no fun.

Are you a fan of PS3 at all?

Pirates, Vikings and Knight II is 10 years old, today.

Who wants to play a match or two of it, tonight?

Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

@Reaper I've never owned a PS3 but sure? There's a lot of games I'd like to try there.

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For completing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during our community challenge event. For completing all of the games required for this awesome award during the community challenge event. Winning Ghostly Art Contest 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks so much for your generosity! For taking first place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks a lot for your very generous donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Congratulations! For placing third in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 275,000 Chewbucks! For being on the Vanilla forums for 186 days before it was shut down The Lagomorphs love you right back. You deserve a medal, Doc.

1 hour ago, SushieBoy said:

PS3

1 hour ago, SushieBoy said:

a lot of games

:o

Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

That's a funny way of spelling Vita.

For 50 awards! PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! PUH-LAQUE MONSTERS donation_award_notes For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT For participating in YouChew Secret Santa event prior to 2015 For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Link's Crossbow Training during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Richer! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. For finishing first place in the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award. Great work! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing the very hard game of Mario Bros 2 (JPN)/Lost Levels during the community challenge event. Wow! For completing Mario 1-3 & World for the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 For clearing Sonic CD during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. He's bigger, faster, Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For the EARRAPE Collab. For the EARRAPE Collab. For your article about what's new about the New Nintendo 3DS. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Congrats on 10 collabs! March 2014 - "Kuroko Forgets How To Peel Tomatoes" (Regular) March 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year User with Funniest Signatures 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

I'm in the process of getting rid of about 150ish gaming magazines I don't need anymore, will they possibly be worth anything in the future or am I better off hauling them all to Goodwill?

I chew chew chewse you! That's a lot of love!

For collecting all 45 unique candy hearts. *suggestive wave* EAT IT For getting 20 awards For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages during the community challenge. For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For staying strike free for 5 years. For winning the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For clearing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during the community challenge event. For clearing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award! Good work! Wow! For clearing Mario 1-3 & World during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 2015 Bingo For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. can fire in spurts Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Mmmmm...richer!

Depends; what magazines and how old are they?  There are only a few video game magazines that are really worth something and it's mostly Nintendo Powers from the 80s and early 90s.  Most magazines from the mid-90s onward are virtually worthless (GameFan's whole run and Nintendo Power's final issue being the only exception to this rule that I can think of) and the later you go the more cheap they get.  It's due to a lot of factors but it generally boils down to the fact that a lot of people just aren't interested in the stuff.  I honestly cannot foresee video game magazine and guide collecting becoming a big thing because storage, and especially shipping, is such a hassle.  Print media is like the nichest subcategory of video game collecting, and although it's something I've always been interested in, few others are.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

I still have the final issue of Nintendo Power in safe keeping for posterity's sake.

Didn't know it was worth money though.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Yeah, it goes for quite a bit.  I couldn't ever find a copy when it was released and it's always gone for too much online to justify me buying one.  One of those things that'd be nice to have, but it's not like I'm looking to complete a set or anything.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

Right now I've been going through some mid-2000s Nintendo Powers and Gamepros, I doubt they'll be worth anything. The most notable things I've found so far are some late 80s-early 90s Nintendo Powers, more notable ones being issues 15 and another from May/June 89, though I would've kept those regardless. Another thing to note are some mid 90s Tips & Tricks, but those are in poor condition.

I chew chew chewse you! That's a lot of love!

For collecting all 45 unique candy hearts. *suggestive wave* EAT IT For getting 20 awards For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages during the community challenge. For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For staying strike free for 5 years. For winning the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For clearing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during the community challenge event. For clearing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award! Good work! Wow! For clearing Mario 1-3 & World during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 2015 Bingo For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. can fire in spurts Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Mmmmm...richer!

I wouldn't mind getting a hold of N64 era issues of NP. I remember looking screenshots of upcoming N64 games and being filled with a sense of wonder that I never have really felt before or after that era of gaming.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

5 hours ago, appdirect said:

:o

Did I just get memed? I'll get you one day, you eagle eye meme man.

Also I just looked and yeah the final NP is actually worth something, strange. I have it since I was subscribed, cool to know  I guess. Having the poster or any inserts would also bump up the value of old issues, I have a lot of NP posters but I haven't put them back up since I don't have frames for them. Does there exist a frame size of those dimensions or would it need to be custom made? Last I checked there wasn't one that matched, I'd like to hang them up but they're so fragile. I still have the old Melee poster from way back when.

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For completing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during our community challenge event. For completing all of the games required for this awesome award during the community challenge event. Winning Ghostly Art Contest 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks so much for your generosity! For taking first place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks a lot for your very generous donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Congratulations! For placing third in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 275,000 Chewbucks! For being on the Vanilla forums for 186 days before it was shut down The Lagomorphs love you right back. You deserve a medal, Doc.

The only time I ever bought gaming magazines was back in the PS1 days; I've still got a lot of them and a lot of the old demos lying around, but there's nothing too interesting. There was one magazine over here called Playstation Max which had a dog mascot that they'd draw literally shitting violently on games they gave low review scores to.

It wasn't a good magazine

Member with Funniest Posts 2017 For staying warn free for 9 years For getting 20 awards For completing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 2 during the community challenge event. August 2014 - "Seductive Haz Been" (Brain rape/Rape-core) Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2014, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the category of Funniest Avatars.
User with Funniest Avatars 2014 March 2012 - Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 246 days before it was shut down Da I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS IS FOR! Ten. Five. 100% pink man For servicing all of us. Ribbit fuckin' Ribbit! For giving me a treat. Purr.

I bought a couple of magazines in the recent past, at least those bundled with the free PC games and demos in it. MegaJogos was my favorite of all, which unfortunately faded into obscurity months after its debut. Then there's BGamer which, while the selection of bundled PC games was even better than MegaJogos', the reviews were nonsensical and the community was complete shit, filled with PS fanboys and meme-filled humour that made you want to punch at someone's face. The magazine's last issue was released in August 2014 and the company went out of business in March of last year, even though the website and the forum are still up despite it being a ghost town, nowadays. Even though I grew up to hate the community, it's kind of sad to see it die out that way.

Prior to that I remember buying a Pokémon-themed magazine back in late 2000 called Pokémon World, which I only got it as part of the whole craze around that time, because I didn't get my own Pokémon games until I got Pinball - Ruby and Saphire for the GBA, some years later. But believe it or not, it's also where I first discovered what would become one of my favorite games of all time. That's right, I discovered Space Race on a Pokémon Magazine.

Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

I used to have a fair amount of Game Informer magazines circa 2004, probably a dozen or more. I stopped getting them many years ago, and I'd be very surprised if I actually have any left. Pretty sure I threw them all away at some point.

Best Writer 2017 Millhouse, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you want ME more than you want this award. Season 2 For collecting all the silver cards For meeting Dark Fox! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For having a blog featured For collecting all the bronze cards Best Writer 2016 For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For releasing an article about the journey of entering the Navy. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Apologies for interrupting the magazine discussion but:

So I'm playing LISA and

Spoiler

I got to the part where Brad has to beat up Rick, holy FUCK was that intense. Definitely not something I expected from an RPG Maker VX Ace game. The fact that it shows Brads' old group of friends basically falling apart is pretty sad too.

Thankfully the mini-boss right after is a decent bit of comic relief but yeah. Story's definitely starting to pick up.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

It's not impossible to find an okay game made via RPGMaker, you just can't really bank on it, considering literally 9.5 out of 10 games released via steam that run on the RPGMaker engine are really, really bad.  It's literally the video game equivalent of selfpublishing, sort of.  Crafting a story meant to be portrayed and told through the medium of a video game is a difficult enough challenge, let alone when it comes to being an RPG.  Few people have the proper respect for that, considering how much of the "Development" process that RPGMaker lays out for you.

For writing the guest article "What is a Musical Leitmotif and How Do You Use It?" Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. For being on the Vanilla forums for 107 days before it was shut down

at least they have more of a story and gameplay than world of asscrap......................................

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down