bob

General Video Game Chat Rising: Revengeance

14,059 posts in this topic

Once again, I have discovered a video game glitch.

For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

lmao that voice at the beginning of the video was way deeper than I was expecting

SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

The other day I mentioned that BGamer was dead in the water. But then here's what just came out of the oven.

Spoiler

Foto de BGamer.

"The Future of Console Gaming: will Sony's VR headset change the industry?"

Yeah, it's nice to know the journalism in this magazine still as clickbaity and cheesy as hell and I love it. But hey, it comes with a Steam key of Tropico 5, so ithey're doing what they do best.

Plus, that Arkham VR cover art is so stupid that it's lovely. It fits perfectly on the rest of the canvas.

That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

I keep seeing friends on Facebook sharing videos of people playing VR games while hooked up to treadmills and shit, and videos are always like, "This is the future of gaming!" Yeah, everyone's gonna be able buy and hook all this shit up into their home.

wNTpBfy.jpg

Like I get it, VR might be kinda cool for awhile, and if it's just a headset with a controller (which are still expensive as fuck) but it's not the future of gaming. In a few years it's gonna die off just like motion controls did.

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

I recall making a post years ago that the budget version of the full VR gear would consist of the Wii Zapper and the DDR pad. I'll now include the Google Cardboard to complete the arsenal and every poor kid on the planet will be able to enjoy VR gaming on a mass scale.

That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

On 1/3/2017 at 21:13, Ashleii said:

How could they get any more unoriginal than tha-

knock_off_game_consoles_1301267917.jpg

Oh, I see.

At least it's not as bad as the WiWi.

4979348_orig.jpg

Spoiler

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!

On 1/3/2017 at 8:13 PM, Ashleii said:

How could they get any more unoriginal than tha-

knock_off_game_consoles_1301267917.jpg

Oh, I see.

Millhouse, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you want ME more than you want this award. Season 2 For collecting all the silver cards For meeting Dark Fox! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For having a blog featured For collecting all the bronze cards Best Writer 2016 For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For releasing an article about the journey of entering the Navy. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Assuming we make huge technological breakthroughs (read: Breakthroughs, not forced gimmicks cobbled together with existing pieces of technology) in motion control, body-motion tracking and simulated reality, virtual reality is pretty much a future of games.

Perhaps never to the extent that you hook up some big ass helmet on your head and walk around with a specialized chip drilled into your brain stem or something like that, where the entire game is a VR experience, but I could really see VR becoming a legitimate component of gaming.  Even if it only ends up being stuff like EverQuest2's facial recognition shit (where your in-game character's face moves in real time to match the movements of yours as you talk into a webcam, of course it's dogshit and doesn't work, but give it a few hundred years of human advancement and we'll see where it goes).  Assuming we probably never reach the point where "VR" becomes some real life sci-fi shit where you plug yourself into a pod and get mentally transported to an actual virtual world, VR still has the prospects to be a cool accessory to playing video games.  

Give it a couple more decades.  Ignore the passing forced fads and marketing gimmicks for the time being, and let real technology develop.  100 years ago if you were to have walked up to a group of people and tell them that, instead of playing games with mud and shit, the future was going to be playing games on an electronic colored box using a small piece of plastic that other pieces of plastic latch into; they would have called you a fucking idiot.  We need the technology and not the gimmicks, is all.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. For being on the Vanilla forums for 107 days before it was shut down

I am honestly legitimately happy dunk made a video about this game, it really does deserve more exposure.

DON'T WORRY, I KNOW HOW TO DO A SPECIAL KARATE CHOP... THAT MAKES DOGS EXPLODE

SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

My Gamestop order (from a few pages ago) came in today, and only 2 of the 8 disc-based games I bought had their cases like I expected. I haven't tested any of them yet, but I'm praying they work because a lot of them are pretty scratched up, particularly Mega Man Legends. Gamestop also fucked up and sent me a Gamecube controller instead of an SNES controller like I ordered, and normally I'd be pretty mad, but the controller I got is actually in really nice condition and works great, and considering GC controllers on their site are $11 more expensive than SNES controllers, I think I made out pretty nicely. I did need another one anyway, and I can just order a new SNES controller from a different site anyway; I'm not taking another risk of them getting my order wrong again, even though this is the one time their fuck-up worked for me.

Now I'm looking through eBay and trying to find a decent PS1 game lot full of shitty games just so I can reuse those jewel cases for the new games I got. This will be the only time I'm really happy to find a case of 30 shitty Madden 1997 games for cheap.

For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell is a fun game

For getting 20 awards IMMA SUGAR DADDY HEART ON STICK MUST DIE For collecting all the bronze cards EYELASHES! For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 donation_award_notes For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest "Spare change? Spare change, ma'am?" For reaching this poop milestone. Submitting 100 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos September 2014 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years drugamin, MrTomato26, and ComputerGuy6545 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

This is genuinely terrifying.

I still need to play Elite: Dangerous at some point.

For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Many doors, yes? Richard Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

I really enjoyed watching this. Ed seems like a really cool guy.

For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Saints Row IV feels much more nicer on PS4 than PS3.

For getting 20 awards IMMA SUGAR DADDY HEART ON STICK MUST DIE For collecting all the bronze cards EYELASHES! For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 donation_award_notes For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest "Spare change? Spare change, ma'am?" For reaching this poop milestone. Submitting 100 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos September 2014 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years drugamin, MrTomato26, and ComputerGuy6545 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Shit, dude, I finally got one of my personal "Holy Grails" today, and in it's original box as well!

ZqV9oRz.jpg

Snowboard Kids isn't a particularly hard game to find if you're just looking for the cartridge, I get that, but a copy with its box still? A little harder, sure. I've loved this game since I was a wee baba playing this with my friends and brother, so this is really personal and special to me. Oh, and I suppose I got Freaky Flyers and Blinx as well, because I've always had an interest in trying them out one day, and they were really cheap on eBay, so I bit the bullet (thank God scalping assholes have all basically flocked to Nintendo, so original PS2 and Xbox games are still relatively cheap) . I also bought Illbleed for the Dreamcast, but that still hasn't arrived, so I'm excited to try that out.

Now I just have to get Snowboard Kids 2, which is going to be astronomically harder, because the cartridge alone runs for $60+, and a boxed copy will easily run you $500+. I'll probably settle for just the cartridge eventually, but I'll always still want that box because I'm a stupid melvin.

For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

So I started playing Gears of War and it's... eeeh. The gunplay's ok but the cover system is really clunky and the hit detection is kind of off. AI is really retarded too, my squad mates are on the ground half the time due to being reckless or not staying in cover so I end up having to kill all the Locusts in the area. The lack of minimap and concrete waypoint system is awkward as well. Story isn't really that interesting either. I'll try to stick with it a bit longer since I just started Act 2 but right now it feels like a bit of a slog. Would I miss out on anything important story-wise if I just skip ahead to 2 or 3?

God damned Snowboard Kids, man.  How can a game that looks so fucking generic and boring end up being so fucking good.  I played the sequel a couple of times, too, which I recall being just as good.  I guess, thinking back on it, it was more or less sort of a Mario Kart clone, but it was still a damn fun game.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. For being on the Vanilla forums for 107 days before it was shut down

On 1/3/2017 at 2:57 AM, King D. Supersepiroth said:

Y'all might not care about this game, but you need to see just how broken and poorly managed NBA 2K17 is. I mean it's good, but still broken as shit.

My friend

Don't call it broken and poorly managed until you've met

Dark Gary

For staying warn free for 9 years A Secret Achievement? I tell ya what isn't a secret; this award stinks! DO HOHOHOHOHO! For getting 90 5-star ratings Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years July 2012 - "The Worst Sonic Fanfiction Ever" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 60 videos with a 5 star rating May 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 80 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 80 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 80 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 99 days before it was shut down 10 strong 5 strong For being a good pet owner. Good job! For winning lucky lottery!
Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

11 hours ago, VentXekart said:

I still need to play Elite: Dangerous at some point.

Sometimes I really want to get it, but every time I get close to pulling the trigger I do some research and all I hear about it is that it's a boring, grindy, shallow flight sim.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year