bob

General Video Game Chat Rising: Revengeance

14,538 posts in this topic

Yeah wait a minute, holy shit. I had no idea he died, goddamn. I'm not even joking, that really bums me out ;_;

Platinum is still around and can make more games, but we'll never hear a true Blackout song again.

For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

3 hours ago, P-Dash said:

Wow, I certainly didn't expect Scalebound to get cancelled.

Let's hope nothing happens to Nier: Automata.

Nier is most likely safe, since it's PS4 exclusive. From what I've heard and read, it's mostly Microsoft's fault that it got cancelled. Developers really gotta stop partnering with them, seeing as how it rarely ever works out in anyone's favor.

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

Hideki Kamiya always looked kind of miserable whenever he presented the game, and I got the sense he didn't want to work with Microsoft.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!

The worst part is that Microsoft owns the rights to the game, so it's not like Kamiya can just take it over to Sony or Nintendo and finish it with them; it's just dead forever now.

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

7 minutes ago, Fretless said:

Hideki Kamiya always looked kind of miserable whenever he presented the game, and I got the sense he didn't want to work with Microsoft.

The man always looks miserable whenever he wanders around in public.

VeWwtwz.jpg

That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

That's what roughly 3/4 of all japanese developers say about Microsoft's consoles.

That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

I dunno, it sounds to me that the issue came from both sides. That maybe Platinum couldn't deliver on their vision because it was just too big? Meanwhile Microsoft withheld payment because of their missed deadlines. That sounds like something any publisher would do in that situation, not just Microsoft.

Just a guess, anyway. I don't see much point in putting all of the blame on Microsoft when we barely know anything about why it was canned.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For competing in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during our community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic 3 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For taking second place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos May 2013 - Sentence mix-core, Classic youtube poop the hedgehog Congratulations! For placing fourth in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 225,000 Chewbucks!

I finally got Halo 2 today. Also got a shit ton of other OG Xbox games so if anyone wants to play online (you can still do it with XLink Kai aka LAN tunneling) hit me up, I have H2, Star Wars: Republic Commando and Whacked.

For getting 20 awards IMMA SUGAR DADDY HEART ON STICK MUST DIE For collecting all the bronze cards EYELASHES! For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 donation_award_notes For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest "Spare change? Spare change, ma'am?" For reaching this poop milestone. Submitting 100 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos September 2014 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years drugamin, MrTomato26, and ComputerGuy6545 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

I've already posted my thoughts about Republic Commando, but I think that's a good purchase, despite its length. It's too bad that the PC servers don't appear to work anymore, but if you can get multiplayer to work through the original XBox, go for it.

Millhouse, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you want ME more than you want this award. Season 2 For collecting all the silver cards For meeting Dark Fox! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For having a blog featured For collecting all the bronze cards Best Writer 2016 For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For releasing an article about the journey of entering the Navy. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

I booted up Dragon's Lair for the first time.

Hooooooooly shit this game is fast paced, I can't even keep up. It's not set on Hard Mode, either. This might take a while.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

I actually picked up Dragon's Lair Trilogy the other day and played it for the first time earlier this evening, funnily enough.

Although it kinda sucks that it's now one of the handful of Wii games that goes for a lot of money online. I got it at a local GameStop for $35 and it was literally the only copy that was in stock in my area.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years What's this thing made out of? Lucario For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards Favorite Staff Member 2016 For collecting all the silver cards Completed Bronze set. Suggested quote to card #27 RIP DaftPunkYoshi and DaftPunkYoshiAlt.  That old The YouTube sure is boring. Meeting tabull Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Doing enough shops in your time to be able to tell by the pixels Well, my gosh. What can I say except: you're going to Hyrule, and this is the final answer heard all around the world, he's won a million chewbucks! For having a blog entry featured: Stock-Aitken-Waterman/PWL Picks #1 User with Coolest Avatars 2014, User with Coolest Avatars 2015, User with Coolest Avatars 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Funniest Signatures, Best Musician 2015 March 2012 - Overall, Regular, Classic / April 2015 - Overall, Regular, Classic, YTPMV March 2012 - "Syncro-Voxing The Glory Days Of Retro Uniqueness" (Brain rape/Rape-core) / May 2015 - "The King Goes Senile" (Overall, Classic) Tennis Staff Member (June 2009 - August 2011) You won 20 medals. Congrats! 25 videos in the Poop Showroom. Awards contribution (Top 10 and WMM medals). MMMMMM...richer! Joined Vanilla on February of '08. YouChew 1984, Static TVs, Banjo-Kazooie Sign, and many others. For service. Dinero Remained 'strike-free' for at least 3 years. April Fools' Trivia. For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For posting 5 of your own YTP's in the Showroom. Participated in 10 successful collabs. Participated in the WMM Tourney. Participated in the Poop Tennis Season. Winner of a organized Tennis Tournament (WMM Tourney). Completed 10 Poop Tennis matches. Completed 5 Poop Tennis matches. Strike free for a whole year. Organizing the WMM Tourney with Strong414Bad. Winner of the Windows Movie Maker Tennis Tourney.

Not too long after I posted that, I beat the Home version on Easy Mode. Once you get past the repetition and memorization, it's fun (and funny). Many of the scenes are awkwardly spliced together and most of the sound effects and music are unintentionally hilarious. Otherwise, it's not hard to see how it was groundbreaking at the time of release.

I'll definitely try it again on a harder setting to see how I fare.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

$9 well spent.

For 50 awards! PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! PUH-LAQUE MONSTERS donation_award_notes For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT For participating in YouChew Secret Santa event prior to 2015 For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Link's Crossbow Training during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Richer! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. For finishing first place in the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award. Great work! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing the very hard game of Mario Bros 2 (JPN)/Lost Levels during the community challenge event. Wow! For completing Mario 1-3 & World for the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 For clearing Sonic CD during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. He's bigger, faster, Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For the EARRAPE Collab. For the EARRAPE Collab. For your article about what's new about the New Nintendo 3DS. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Congrats on 10 collabs! March 2014 - "Kuroko Forgets How To Peel Tomatoes" (Regular) March 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year 2013
User with Funniest Signatures 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

I know I exaggerate here but, it looks to me like Platinum Games is slowly dying.

First bad license titles, then the Star Fox Zero fiasco and now this.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

23 hours ago, AGSMA said:

The man always looks miserable whenever he wanders around in public.

VeWwtwz.jpg

For a second I thought he was like:

For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Many doors, yes? Richard Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

I looked up Scalebound since I don't know much about it and

l5Vcv8V.jpg

Holy shit he looks like a fusion of Nero from DMC4 and Donte

aka ugly as fuck

also he has a weird arm just like Nero too like come on are you even trying

For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

What is going on at Microsoft lately? First Fable Legends gets cancelled, then Phantom Dust gets canned, then Project Spark gets the plug pulled on it, and now Scalebound is done, too.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!

Not to mention that studios got closed as well, in this case Press Play and Lionhead. Just when I thought Phil Spencer was going to make a complete U-turn of the trainwreck that Don Mattrick was, it's not exactly what's happening here. Sure, Rare is working on actual games now, but it's still weird how so many potential new IPs and old ones are getting the axe. Probably it has to do with Microsoft investing a lot in Project Scorpio atm, or, like EmmBee said, Platinum didn't reach the goal they were aiming at. Lionhead closed because they probably went bankrupt or something and Press Play, who knows? The studio probably split up. It's not uncommon to see so many games being pulled out from Microsoft's consoles and studios closing, it's a thing as common as it was back 15 years ago, at the first Xbox's heyday.

I saw my friend play a bit of the beta for Fable Legends. It was slow, clunky, and boring, and from what I hear from other people who played it for the two years it was in beta, that describes the entire experience. If Microsoft had stuck with it, they'd probably not have a successful game on their hands. Probably the same deal with Project Spark, which I hear didn't really pull in that many players to warrant keeping it running.

I dunno, Fretless, I think you're just a bit too quick to go all doom-and-gloom about Xbox. Like I said before, we don't even know that many details surrounding why Scalebound was cancelled, so the blame could be placed on literally anybody.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For competing in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during our community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic 3 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For taking second place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos May 2013 - Sentence mix-core, Classic youtube poop the hedgehog Congratulations! For placing fourth in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 225,000 Chewbucks!