• Announcements

• Whelt

Regarding the recent update   07/20/2017

As you may be aware, the forum software underwent an update that turned out to be somewhat buggy. We rolled back the update for now, and will plan on making a more smooth transition later on in the future. In the meantime, you may notice the forum loading slowly as a lot of processes are running right now. We ask for your continued patience, and apologize for any inconvenience.
bob

General Video Game Chat Rising: Revengeance

15,435 posts in this topic

The reason I go doom-and-gloom is because these are BIG games getting cancelled. If these were small indie titles that happened to be Xbox exclusive, I wouldn't pay it much mind, but these are big games that they spend a long time showcasing at E3. And like AGSMA said, it's not just game cancellations, but studio closings. Lionhead's demise means there's absolutely no chance of another Black & White game, which saddens me. Thing is, with titles from Sony and Nintendo, even if we haven't heard from them for a while, like with Deep Down, they're still not outright cancelled.

I wouldn't even say I'm being doom-and-gloom here, I'm just curious about what the hell's going on for so many games to be outright cancelled.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!

The truth is, Fretless just wants to fondle Knack's knackers.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

You say that like everyone else doesn't want to.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!

Knick Knack Patty Whack Give a Fret a Bone...r

I'll see myself out...

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

I've been playing a metric fuckton of Tony Hawk games over the past few weeks. Probably one of the most nostalgic game series I've played during my childhood, and I gotta say up to Proving Ground (which isn't really bad, mind you, but still kinda average and not on par with the games that came before it), they hold up remarkably. It's also surprising to see how much these games influenced my taste in music.

For staying strike free for 1 year.

When I was a kid, I remember owning Pro Skater 2 and enjoying it, even though I was probably really bad at it. It was actually the N64 version, which is really watered down compared to the PS version. Later on I picked up Underground, but I stopped after a while.

A little while back I purchased Pro Skater HD for the 360, and it's pretty fun, but nothing remarkable. I'm definitely a lot better at that than I ever was at 2 or Underground. As I understand it, Pro Skater 5 is really terrible, so I don't know if we'll ever see another game from the series.

You've GOT to be kidding Best Writer 2017 Millhouse, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you want ME more than you want this award. Season 2 For collecting all the silver cards For meeting Dark Fox! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For having a blog featured For collecting all the bronze cards Best Writer 2016 For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For releasing an article about the journey of entering the Navy. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

I preordered NieR Automata even though the demo left me with a permanent angry frown. On the plus side, I also preordered the Crash Bandicoot remake and that might maybe make me happy I hope.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Congratulations on finishing the first dungeon goddamnit. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Spooky Poop 2015 Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years SKINNER Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

which is really watered down compared to the PS version.

It just lacks the completion videos and the soundtrack is 30 second loops, that's not as bad as cutting levels.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For finishing third place during the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

2 minutes ago, Nelson340 said:

It just lacks the completion videos and the soundtrack is 30 second loops, that's not as bad as cutting levels.

That's all? I guess I thought there was more to it.

In any case, I'm actually a bit tempted to find another copy. The N64 version isn't terribly expensive on Amazon, and my N64 collection is pretty small.

You've GOT to be kidding Best Writer 2017 Millhouse, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you want ME more than you want this award. Season 2 For collecting all the silver cards For meeting Dark Fox! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For having a blog featured For collecting all the bronze cards Best Writer 2016 For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For releasing an article about the journey of entering the Navy. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

I remember getting Pro Skater 2 recently to add to my PS1 collection, particularly from RockCock64's Spiderman videos getting me in the mood to just play some boarding all day long, or to properly play a Tony Hawk Pro Skater game this time, whichever came first. I tried looking up cheats for it before I began, only to find that there's just ONE cheat to unlock everything.

And then I opened up the jewel case for it only to find that the previous owner was kind enough to write down the exact cheat I had just found, and more, onto a piece of paper, and stick it in there behind the enclosed instruction book. Oops!

...b-- But at least I can still board with Spidey now with all this skate money!

I love how the game changed up Spidey's backstory to be about skateboarding.

Spirit of YouChew 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 I'm a Sugar Daddy! That's a lot of love! Got a lot of candy amongst the stuff I was giving! Gave away LOTS of candy this year! For collecting all the cards

Got 'em all! Thanks to KingHarky! For collecting all the gold cards

Heeey I just remembered, now that KingHarky gave me the last card, I can just give myself the awards that'd come with it! donation_award_notes For service! For getting 20 awards For getting 90 5-star ratings For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed card template

Designed cards #5, #10, #21-22, #88-89

Illustrated cards #80, #82, #95, #97 For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for having 72 5-star ratings on your videos For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! For having a blog entry featured. After you've scrubbed the King's dong, then we can talk about dinner for you Best Artist 2014, Best YouTube Pooper 2014, Best Image Editor 2015, Best Artist 2015, Best YouTube Pooper 2016, Best Image Editor 2016, Best Artist 2016, Best Image Editor 2017, User with Funniest Signatures 2017, Best YouTube Pooper 2017 For responding to my status correctly! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Friendliest User 2014
Best Image Editor 2014
Best YouTube Pooper 2015
Friendliest User 2015
Best Artist 2017 April 2013 - "GENIE SHARES A BOUNTIFUL UNBIRTHDAY BANQUET AT ALADDIN'S RESTAURANT " (Sentence mix-core) For winning the first Photopoop contest of 2013 with your idea of what YouTube Poop characters do throughout the winter. August 2012 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

I haven't been watching AGDQ live this year... I may look up some choice runs after the event is over. I always like to see Mario Sunshine.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

17 hours ago, UnknownMysteryMan said:

I've been playing a metric fuckton of Tony Hawk games over the past few weeks. Probably one of the most nostalgic game series I've played during my childhood, and I gotta say up to Proving Ground (which isn't really bad, mind you, but still kinda average and not on par with the games that came before it), they hold up remarkably. It's also surprising to see how much these games influenced my taste in music.

Tony Hawks games were fucking weird.  I had zero interest in skating and didn't give a shit about Tony Hawk or any of the 'skate culture' stuff surrounding any of it, yet the Tony Hawks games were fun as shit for some reason and I played the fuck out of them as a kid.  I've always wondered how well they hold up and have wanted to go back and play them again sometime, but have never had the opportunity.

For writing the guest article "What is a Musical Leitmotif and How Do You Use It?" Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. For being on the Vanilla forums for 107 days before it was shut down

i only ever played american wasteland but i remember wasting weeks on just aimlessly skating around. don't think i even did much of the story missions, iirc i found them pretty boring.

i do wish i would have experienced ps1 tony hawk games as a kid though. spiderman looks amazing

For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 3 years. For participating in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament! Know what I mean? Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For beating Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For finishing second place during the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Given for putting on the excellent Smash Bros Smackdown online tournaments, complete with prizes. Great work, we thank you for contributing to and pulling together the community! Coming in 1st in the Super Smash Tourney: Double Trouble! for Wii Uchew Thank you so much for your patronage. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks a lot for the donation Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

THPS games were pretty fun as a kid. I loved putting in the low gravity cheat to get absurd combos.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

3 was and still is absolutely my shit. Have both the PC and PS2 versions and I still play em every now and then. Custom track maker is always fun af to dick around w/.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

Skateboarding is one of those things that translates well to the video game format. There were also a few great snowboarding games during the PS1 gen. Extreme sports worked very well at the time and the good games aged well.

I can confirm that the Pro Skater games hold up. It's not like the gameplay and physics is significantly better in the Skate series. Both games let you do impossible tricks and survive impossible crashes. Of course the gameplay holds up.

Thanks for the sweets yo! For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years July 2012 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For meeting up with the folks at Ohayocon! Thanks for being Strike-Free!

I rented Skate once (I think it was the 2nd one) a while back. I got the concept behind having a somewhat more "realistic" skating game, and being able to pull off impressive tricks with thumbsticks was a lot more rewarding than just hitting buttons, but I just didn't really get into it that much. Might need to give it a second try.

The closest thing to a skateboarding game that I got is actually a snowboard game, SSX3 to be exact. And apparently it's, like, the holy grail of the genre and one of the best video games in history. It is a fun game, but not something that I want to pick ever so often because after all these years it's a pain to master it.

Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

SSX3? I always liked SSX Tricky more in my youth, that game was really fun.

So many pictures, so little wall space. This'll make a GREAT omelette! It is written, only Link can defeat Ganon SCRAP METAL! Look at this trophy, that you just won! For getting 20 awards Best Artist 2017

Favorite Staff Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Mmm... spare change? spare change ma'am? PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! bubble gum and taffy EYELASHES! i like you too millhouse (but not in that way) For service! For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For staying strike free for 3 years. For collecting all the bronze cards Best Artist 2016
Friendliest User 2017 For having a blog featured Participated in the 2015 and 2016 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For winning the Holiday Art Contest 2015 For coming in 3rd in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Thanks for the donation For staying strike free for 1 year.

I've read that the 2012 reboot is pretty good as well.

Kind of think of it, SSX might be the sole IP from EA that didn't get a single game that is generally considered as being bad. Quite a feat, I believe.

Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!