bob

General Video Game Chat Rising: Revengeance

13,566 posts in this topic

I've sunk a lot of time into the Vita version of Odin Sphere and are currently halfway through Oswald's campaign, definitely a character that grew on me as time went on in playstyle, but my favourite will still be Cornelius due to his powerful skills and immense juggle potential.

I still need to replay the older quests to get everything and raise my characters to max level, but after going through the same bosses and areas it gets very tedious at times.

For collecting all the bronze cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group Spooky Poop 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For clearing Sonic 1 & 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos June 2013 - "Game Grumps Shirt Ads Prove Popular with Male Teenagers" (Regular) June 2013 - Overall, Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

I am trying to make a dungeon for an RPG similar to the water temples from Legend of Zelda.

I was thinking there could be a room with some boulders on one side and a pool of water on the other.  So the party has to move the boulders to the other side of the room and push them into the water to make the water level rise. This will trigger something or have some effect that allows them to continue. Any ideas on what happens when they make the water level rise in the room by pushing a few large boulders into it?  

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013 2013 January 2013 - "Batmans Overtly Sexual Fair Use Adventure" (Sentence mix-core) December 2011 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 55 videos A whoppin' 25 videos uploaded.

3 hours ago, Grease Witherspoon said:

I am trying to make a dungeon for an RPG similar to the water temples from Legend of Zelda.

I was thinking there could be a room with some boulders on one side and a pool of water on the other.  So the party has to move the boulders to the other side of the room and push them into the water to make the water level rise. This will trigger something or have some effect that allows them to continue. Any ideas on what happens when they make the water level rise in the room by pushing a few large boulders into it?  

Nothing terribly original, but perhaps the rising water could lift some platforms to give access to another floor. Alternatively, the water could rise and somehow be funneled towards a weak wall, and the growing pressure would break it eventually.

It sounds like you want ME more than you want this award. Season 2 For collecting all the silver cards For meeting Dark Fox! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For having a blog featured For collecting all the bronze cards Best Writer 2016 For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For releasing an article about the journey of entering the Navy. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

thanks. Yeah, I wanted something simple but fun so that works.  I think with game design there should be lots of simple puzzles thrown in to get the party into a certain mode of thinking and then gradual make things more difficult.  One of the blocks they try to move will be a gelatinous cube monster as well. 

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013 2013 January 2013 - "Batmans Overtly Sexual Fair Use Adventure" (Sentence mix-core) December 2011 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 55 videos A whoppin' 25 videos uploaded.