• Announcements

• Whelt

Regarding the recent update   07/20/2017

As you may be aware, the forum software underwent an update that turned out to be somewhat buggy. We rolled back the update for now, and will plan on making a more smooth transition later on in the future. In the meantime, you may notice the forum loading slowly as a lot of processes are running right now. We ask for your continued patience, and apologize for any inconvenience.
bob

General Video Game Chat Rising: Revengeance

15,435 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, P-Dash said:

So how does Persona 5 stack up against Persona 4?

Honestly, while 5 is more stylish, has cooler characters and the gameplay tweaks are mostly good I still am not enjoying 5 as much as I did 4 (and 3 is still my favorite). But I think that's because this is my 5th persona game and they are all pretty similar (well p1-2 were different but P3-P5 are the same gameplay with different stories and slight mechanic tweaks).  P5 is definitely more different than going from P3 to P4 and I am still enjoying P5 but it's shine has worn off for me by now and it's just Persona business as usual.  But P5 is so flashy. I think P5 is too easy and I don't like some of the new fusion mechanics because they either make things too easy or they just take more time. Also, I don't like the sim aspects of P5 as much as P3 or P4. Like the school isn't as interesting and I don't feel like I'm a part of it like I did in 3 where most social links were based around the school. The world around you is bigger than 4 or 3 and it's conveniently laid out for the most part but for some reason it's just not as magical.  But of course, P5 is a solid game that I would give a 9/10 whereas P3-P4 are 10/10 games for me is all. But a lot of people think P5 is the best and I can see why they'd like it. It's the most accessible Persona game yet and it's gorgeous. 

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013 2013 January 2013 - "Batmans Overtly Sexual Fair Use Adventure" (Sentence mix-core) December 2011 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 55 videos A whoppin' 25 videos uploaded.

Edit: for some reason I can't place embed Facebook posts here, so I'll paste the image anyway. This was uploaded by Resident Evil's FB page btw.

GN5P1Si.png

Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

Saints Row 2 is free on GOG today if anyone's interested.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

I love turn based RPG's but I can see why others may not find them to their taste.

On 4/19/2017 at 0:02 PM, Grease Witherspoon said:

I spent like 10 tries till I beat P3

God, fuck Nyx. P4's boss wasn't that bad, but Nyx... shit, that felt like an eternity. It takes like an hour to get through all of the arcana forms it has, then when you finally get to the final stretch, if you get ass blasted by the wrong status ailment, it's game over. Ugh it's like I'm getting war flash backs right now.

So many pictures, so little wall space. This'll make a GREAT omelette! It is written, only Link can defeat Ganon SCRAP METAL! Look at this trophy, that you just won! For getting 20 awards Best Artist 2017

Favorite Staff Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Mmm... spare change? spare change ma'am? PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! bubble gum and taffy EYELASHES! i like you too millhouse (but not in that way) For service! For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For staying strike free for 3 years. For collecting all the bronze cards Best Artist 2016
Friendliest User 2017 For having a blog featured Participated in the 2015 and 2016 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For winning the Holiday Art Contest 2015 For coming in 3rd in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Thanks for the donation For staying strike free for 1 year.

Some games I replay often but never finish. Like I've already beaten DK64 so most times when I replay it I get pretty far but I never care if I don't finish it because I already accomplished that in the past so I'm less motivated to beat it again and I'll wind up getting distracted by other games.  I also played Legend of Dragoon for 100+ hours in total easily but I never actually beat the game.  I always get pretty far and then quit. But I love that game so much so I want to finish it some day.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013 2013 January 2013 - "Batmans Overtly Sexual Fair Use Adventure" (Sentence mix-core) December 2011 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 55 videos A whoppin' 25 videos uploaded.

When I was a kid, I got up to the final boss of Dragoon, couldn't beat it, and put it down. A few years later I finally managed to beat it, which was pretty anticlimactic after all that time.

I love Dragoon from a gameplay perspective, but hoooo boy was the voice acting a disaster.

ZIEG

THIS CANNOT BEEEEEE

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

That's like how I can never beat Chrono Trigger. I can get to Lavos but when he's on his third form I'm screwed lmao.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

Maybe it's because I beat all of the side content and got leveled up and whatnot, but I never had any sort of problem with Lavos.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Lavos' third form can still be kind of annoying though with how you essentially have to defeat every enemy including the Pods within a short time frame before any defeated enemies get revived, even if you did the endgame sidequests to buff your party prior. The Sight Scope accessory doesn't let you view the HP of boss enemies, and they heal themselves occasionally enough to make it tough to keep a particular enemy at low HP without killing them off, making it difficult to coordinate defeating them all in one fell swoop.

You can still just brute-force it by defeating the Pods first and then working down the Core before the Pods are revived, and keep going with than until they're all defeated not too long between each other, but it's still a bit of a pain to put up with.

For 50 awards! PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! PUH-LAQUE MONSTERS donation_award_notes For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT For participating in YouChew Secret Santa event prior to 2015 For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Link's Crossbow Training during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Richer! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. For finishing first place in the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award. Great work! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing the very hard game of Mario Bros 2 (JPN)/Lost Levels during the community challenge event. Wow! For completing Mario 1-3 & World for the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 For clearing Sonic CD during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. He's bigger, faster, Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For the EARRAPE Collab. For the EARRAPE Collab. For your article about what's new about the New Nintendo 3DS. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Congrats on 10 collabs! March 2014 - "Kuroko Forgets How To Peel Tomatoes" (Regular) March 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year User with Funniest Signatures 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

You can just spam Falcon Hit on Lavos just like any other boss and it works pretty well. Just have lots of MP restoring items.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Captain Falcon is in Chrono Trigger, so that's why there was never a new F-Zero.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

I didn't really think twice about the last boss in chrono trigger or really any boss in that game. There might have been one or two that took two tries but I found the game to be just right in terms of difficulty level.  

Plus, any time that anyone brings up chrono trigger I have to plug Chrono Jigga (jay z mashed up with the chrono trigger ost) because it's awesome.  https://2mellomakes.bandcamp.com/album/chrono-jigga

I couldn't get past Magus in that game.

Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

I forget how, but you can recruit Magus to your team.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

After Crono dies, you meet Magus on a hill and you can either fight him with Frog and recruit him.

My endgame team is always Frog/Ayla/Crono (sometimes I swap out Ayla for Robo because Triple Raid is boss). I typically grind them a bit before I face Lavos so when I face him he goes down like a bitch. Even without training he's pretty beatable if you know how to deal with his attacks.

Can't say I ever used Magus but he seems p. neat.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

Mine's Crono/Ayla/Magus. I also spend the game feeding Crono all the power, magic, and speed tabs so he's way over powered by endgame.

I used Crono throughout since I'm a tool and always pack in my protagonist, but I forget who the other two I used would be, maybe Marle and Frog? I forget.

Honestly, I'm really not a big fan of games where you're provided with 6 or so characters but can only use three at a time. Like, I get the three character paradigm, but it makes the other characters feel perfunctory and useless. Like, in Xenoblade and Final Fantasy XIII, I'd just pick three characters that work great together and never bother with using the others because why change it up if it's working? The only exception would be specific boss fights, otherwise I'd just stick to my team of three.

Fire Emblem has that problem too, but at least you're allowed to use like 15 or so characters, and they're all so radically different that you need to consider your team composition, whereas in standard RPGs characters tend to be similar enough that just about any combo of three will usually work.

(oh and in case anyone asks (and I know no one will), Lightning/Hope/Fang, Shulk/Dunban/Melia)

I give Speed Tabs to Robo typically since his only real flaw is how slow he is. When he hits his cap though he can pm smack all the enemies with his big robotic dick and eat make babies and call it a day. Or something.

But yeah Robo is love life etc etc

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

I've done the speed tab Robo thing as well and yeah, he becomes a literal killing machine. Pair him with Ayla and power tab Crono and the game becomes a joke.