bob

General Video Game Chat Rising: Revengeance

14,777 posts in this topic

I just can't get into Professor Layton. I love the games when they involve actual logic puzzles, but most of the time it's either riddles or math problems. blech

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

28 minutes ago, TyrannosaurusReich said:

but most of the time it's either riddles or math problems. blech

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

59 minutes ago, TyrannosaurusReich said:

I just can't get into Professor Layton. I love the games when they involve actual logic puzzles, but most of the time it's either riddles or math problems. blech

The math problems are logic problems, though.  There's a way to deduce them to a point where it's no longer math.

ya dumbass....

For writing the guest article "What is a Musical Leitmotif and How Do You Use It?" Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. For being on the Vanilla forums for 107 days before it was shut down

look whatever it isn't fun either way

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

which can be said for any game you play :-D

For writing the guest article "What is a Musical Leitmotif and How Do You Use It?" Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. For being on the Vanilla forums for 107 days before it was shut down

i don't play world of warcraft or runescape last time i checked............

Speaking of which, Lady Layton (or "Layton's Mystery Journey" as it's now called, but fuck it Lady Layton rolls off the tongue better) is going to be coming out on Android in about two months. There's also a 3DS version coming, but not until later in the year for the US. Not entirely sure whether or not I'm going to get it right off the bat since I already have enough games to catch up with and I'll be getting even more in the summer with ARMS and Splatoon 2 coming out. But I definitely gotta pick it up; need to find out those juicy tidbits regarding who Layton hooked up with to have a legit daughter now. 

As much as I love the Layton games, I do think that for the most part they're a one-and-done sort of deal, since the puzzles have only one answer to them and at that point you already know the full story. I own all six and have never replayed any of them beyond the first one briefly. But at the same time I think it's still worth getting each game at full price right off the bat because of how well-polished the games are. It'd be great if it got more anime adaptations aside from that one movie, because the art style in the games is so damn good. 

I never got around to getting the Layton x Phoenix Wright crossover game though. I originally wanted to play through the whole Phoenix Wright trilogy before getting to that, but playing the first game was too frustrating for me to feel bothered attempting the other two. In the Layton games the puzzles at least rely on your cognitive skills for the majority of the time and if you get stuck it's mainly your fault; in Phoenix Wright it just feels like I'm playing a guessing game of which evidence will help me along with which statement. Maybe future games get better about it but for now I'm probably going to pass on the rest of it.

Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

tumblr_oov5ho0WYk1u1ry24o1_540.png

"It's a stone, Tetra; you didn't make it!"

Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

I'm replaying the Mass Effect trilogy again, this time doing a Renegade run. Beat ME1 last night and I'm now in ME2, the best one. I actually feel bad being such an asshole to all the characters all the time, ha. 

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

I finished ME1 for the first time a few weeks ago and I thought it was okay, but it just didn't really do much for me compared to what I'm used to with BioWare's other games I've played. I've had that series hyped up for me by so many people over the years and it took me about 4 attempts to finally finish the first game. I'll probably get around to finishing the trilogy eventually but sadly the first game didn't really even leave me wanting more for some reason. 

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Posting after Dopply

There hasn't been any updates on DroneTropolis' Kickstarter campaign and/or their simulator demo, but they've been pouring a lot of screenshots as of late and, if this is in fact in-game footage and original assets, since you can definitely tell this is a Unity game, I'm still looking forward for its beta release. It's like an airborne-themed spirital successor to Re-Volt and I quite like the concept.

Spoiler

Foto de DroneTopolis.

Foto de DroneTopolis.

Foto de DroneTopolis.

Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

19 hours ago, JayfromtheSun said:

I finished ME1 for the first time a few weeks ago and I thought it was okay, but it just didn't really do much for me compared to what I'm used to with BioWare's other games I've played. I've had that series hyped up for me by so many people over the years and it took me about 4 attempts to finally finish the first game. I'll probably get around to finishing the trilogy eventually but sadly the first game didn't really even leave me wanting more for some reason. 

I really liked the first game, for the most part. I hadn't really played anything from Bioware prior to it (unless you count Sonic Chronicles lol). However, ME2 is definitely the best in the whole trilogy. If that game doesn't pull you in at all, then the series just might not be for you, no biggie.

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

Hello I got an Xbox One and I have no friends.

My gamertag (for now) is StegSux. I'll change it when I can think of a name worth spending £8 on.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For clearing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 41 5-star ratings on your videos For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For meeting Fiddlesticks411 and Badluckcrow Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years if I were a wealthy man Runner up, E3 2012 Bingo event Congratulations! For placing first in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 727,777 Chewbucks! October 2011 - WHAT IS A BOB ROSS October 2011 FIFTY! Twenty-Five five Thanks for being good for so long! For service. Ribbit! Thanks for the cookies!

So I guess this game is actually going to come out?

For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Realease date is still way up in the air, it was supposed to release in February I think but then it didn't because who knows. But yes, SOMETIME this year the Homosuck game is supposed to finally come out.

It has Toby Fox, Cohen/skullmandible, James Roach, Temmie Chang and even a couple Steven Universe Storyboardists working on it so I'm sure it'll be a quality game, but boy oh boy is it taking forever.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For Ohayocon! Ohaaaaaayo! *Robotnik music* You've GOT a little penis... Strrrriiiike free. For Lucky Lottery.

I'm going to go out on a limby limb limb and say it'll really probably never be finished, and even if it does get finished, it'll probably be halfbaked.  Last I knew, they had ran out of money again or something and there was rumors of people quitting the project or something, but this was like last year sometime.

It definitely has had a troublesome development, with the original dev team dragging their feet for almost two years, releasing a really shitty trailer, and then leaving to make the King's Quest game.

I'm still holding out hope because the current dev team is full of familiar and trustworthy faces, but funding could be an issue at this stage.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For Ohayocon! Ohaaaaaayo! *Robotnik music* You've GOT a little penis... Strrrriiiike free. For Lucky Lottery.

I played a good bit of Oxygen Not Included. I like it, though it's still kind of rough to say the least. I usually don't mess with early access stuff, but this looked too fun to pass up and I'm really interested in seeing how the game comes together over time.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Posting after Dopply

My friend is really impatient for Hiveswap to come out. I might get it too, if it ever gets released lol

At least Fractured But Whole finally has a release date (for now anyway)

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

Goddammit I was happy to hear it has a release date now but seeing bonus Towelie content for pre-ordering and knowing how much of a fucking horrible joke the character is to Matt and Trey just makes me even happier because I know that was their idea and they probably argued for it.