bob

General Video Game Chat Rising: Revengeance

16,148 replies to this topic

WALLMAN
Spoiler

Seems bittersweet, don't you think? The Borealis is gone, the Combine are none the weaker for it, and we still don't know what the hell G-man is planning. The only real closure was Gordon washing his hands of the situation.

Interesting side note: The Combine's base of operations is a Dyson sphere, named after theoretical physicist Freeman Dyson. I thought that was a nice touch

Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

AGSMA
6 hours ago, Ben said:

Survival horror and corporate tie-ins? Pretty bold new direction for the Cooking Mama series.

I bet there's a Saw-like level where you have to shake a baby to death to get out of the room.

Edit: just finished reading Marc Laidlaw's blog post.

Spoiler

My eyeballs almost popped out the moment I read the part where Alyx murders Judith, like, Jesus, that's one ballsy move to turn a likeable character into a despicable one. The ambiguous ending leaves me to believe that a followup to HL2 and its episodes would concentrate on Alyx but that idea in itself sounds pretty off-putting. It's essentally Half-Life 1's ending but with Alyx being taken by the G-Man and, while this could pave the way to a sequel set in a completely different environment, like a never-ending cycle, leaving Gordon to die only to be replaced by Alyx is just an extremely depressing way to finish a story arc. So in a way, Episode 3 was indeed, intended to end the Half-Life series for good. It's too bad that Return to Ravenholm and other attempts at expanding the Half-Life universe from third party developers have gone in vain, even if Episode 3 didn't get cancelled.

Also, Dr. Breen being alive was something that I pretty much expected to see in Episode 3, only, not in that way.

It's also astounding that Marc posted this on the same day as Valve's 21st birthday, like a giant middle finger to the company. Well done, Marc.

For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

Dieathan
2 hours ago, AGSMA said:

I bet there's a Saw-like level where you have to shake a baby to death to get out of the room.

NO, NO, NO! PLEASE DON'T SHAKE THE BABY!

For staying strike free for 5 years. The galaxy is at peace Metroid Prime 3: Corruption 100% Metroid Prime Pinball complete Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Fusion 100% Metroid Fusion under 2 hours For 50 awards! PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! PUH-LAQUE MONSTERS Thanks for the donation. For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT For participating in YouChew Secret Santa event prior to 2015 For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Link's Crossbow Training during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Richer! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. For finishing first place in the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award. Great work! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing the very hard game of Mario Bros 2 (JPN)/Lost Levels during the community challenge event. Wow! For completing Mario 1-3 & World for the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 For clearing Sonic CD during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. He's bigger, faster, Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For the EARRAPE Collab. For the EARRAPE Collab. For your article about what's new about the New Nintendo 3DS. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Congrats on 10 collabs! March 2014 - "Kuroko Forgets How To Peel Tomatoes" (Regular) March 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year User with Funniest Signatures 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Whelt

PS Vita

:phelps:

Does Sony have exclusive publishing rights to this, or something?

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

trepmaws

The Vita's continued existence is quite interesting, what with it being sort of the inverse of a Nintendo console; first party support for it is dead, and third party games are the only thing keeping it going. And even with that, it's crazy how long it's lived.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Posted Nep Nep hentai For staying strike free for 7 years. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Meeting MycroProcessor Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Here's to another 4 years before anyone else gets it hooray!

SharkhamAsylum

Has Valve taken any action against Laidlaw since he dropped the story? I know he disguised it well enough to make it sly, but still. At this point they probably don't give a shit, which is why Laidlaw may have frustratedly spilled the beans in the first place.

But this may not even be the story to Episode 3, it could have just been what he had planned for it, with the implication that the game never even got that far to begin with.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

Whelt
36 minutes ago, trepmaws said:

The Vita's continued existence is quite interesting, what with it being sort of the inverse of a Nintendo console; first party support for it is dead, and third party games are the only thing keeping it going. And even with that, it's crazy how long it's lived.

I just can't help but think that, for every Vita game that still manages to come out, how it would be a perfect Switch game. 

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

2xdinosaurs

My Vita continues to just be a JRPG machine. That's all it's good for.

sometimes pizza times it sometimes it sometimes it sometimes pizza times pizza So many pictures, so little wall space. This'll make a GREAT omelette! It is written, only Link can defeat Ganon SCRAP METAL! Look at this trophy, that you just won! For getting 20 awards Best Artist 2017

Favorite Staff Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Mmm... spare change? spare change ma'am? PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! bubble gum and taffy EYELASHES! i like you too millhouse (but not in that way) For service! For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For staying strike free for 3 years. For collecting all the bronze cards Best Artist 2016
Friendliest User 2017 For having a blog featured Participated in the 2015 and 2016 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For winning the Holiday Art Contest 2015 For coming in 3rd in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Thanks for the donation For staying strike free for 1 year.

VentXekart
1 hour ago, SharkhamAsylum said:

Has Valve taken any action against Laidlaw since he dropped the story? I know he disguised it well enough to make it sly, but still. At this point they probably don't give a shit, which is why Laidlaw may have frustratedly spilled the beans in the first place.

But this may not even be the story to Episode 3, it could have just been what he had planned for it, with the implication that the game never even got that far to begin with.

I haven't heard of them doing so and I doubt they would to be honest. After all, if it wasn't for Marc Laidlaw's work for the Half-Life and Portal franchise Valve wouldn't be where they are now. As for whether or not his blog post was an incomplete draft or not I can't really say. I'm still disappointed that we won't get that game in the first place, especially since Valve has been preferring to go on an Esports binge instead.

For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Many doors, yes? Richard Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Umigame

Free-to-Play was also a mistake.

For staying strike free for 1 year. For taking 1st Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! The galaxy is at peace Metroid Fusion under 2 hours For getting 20 awards Super Metroid 100% Metroid Prime 100% Metroid complete Metroid Tourian early Cursing the curser with twice the curse Buttfather SCROUNDER Look at this trophy, that you just won! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks User with Funniest Avatars 2017
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017
Best Image Editor 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017 Best Artist 2017
Best Newcomer 2017
User with Coolest Avatars 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! bubble gum and taffy That's a lot of love! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! It's a little itchy... For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! Asked nicely.

SharkhamAsylum

Imagine if it was like an AM2R situation where Valve was actually literally just about to announce Half-Life 3 this weekend but then this shit comes out and spoils their plan and so now they just toss the whole thing.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

Maq

I'm so fuckin excited for a Secret of Mana remake. It's one of my all time favorite games, I just hope they do it justice, especially the music which is like the best game OST ever.

A lot of people saying the graphics look like a PS2 game. While I'm inclined to agree, it's still in development so it could get a lot better. Either way I don't care about the graphics because I need to get this game.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

P-Dash

Maybe I'll pre-order it for my birthday so I can get that "TIGER TWO PIECE FOR PRIMM".

;)

Super Metroid complete Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Prime 100% For staying strike free for 7 years. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

trepmaws
2 hours ago, Whelt said:

I just can't help but think that, for every Vita game that still manages to come out, how it would be a perfect Switch game. 

Indeed. Even more so when you consider Sony at some point was looking at setting up some kind of streaming/connectivity between the Vita and whatever home console was their thing at the time [citation needed]; since then the Switch has come along and done the "portable or on the TV" idea, but far more gracefully.

Hoping the Secret of Mana remake gets a Switch port at some point; been interested in that game for a while, and I'd totally pick that over a VC port of the original (assuming that ever happens either).

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Posted Nep Nep hentai For staying strike free for 7 years. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Meeting MycroProcessor Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Here's to another 4 years before anyone else gets it hooray!

Maq

In Japan the Switch is going to get a release of Seiken Densetsu, Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana is technically Seiken Densetsu 2 in Japan)

Seiken Densetsu 3 has never had a western release. Whether it will come overseas or not, nobody is sure, but it would be awesome as hell.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

SharkhamAsylum
6 hours ago, Maq said:

I'm so fuckin excited for a Secret of Mana remake. It's one of my all time favorite games, I just hope they do it justice, especially the music which is like the best game OST ever.

Not to yuck your yum, and I posted about it a while ago in the "games you recently played" thread, but I actually hated Secret of Mana. I heard it was great and gave it a try, but I got to the fight against those two werewolves and just dropped the game. Combat wasn't fun, so grinding wasn't fun, either, and no matter what I did, my AI partners kept dying and being worthless. 

Was I missing something? Like, I really, really disliked the game.

Maq

Yeah, the AI is really terrible. The menus are confusing as hell too, like if you want to equip something or use an item. I can see how you would dislike the game, but it's just meaningful to me, I guess.