bob

General Video Game Chat Rising: Revengeance

15,938 replies to this topic

appdirect

"There is no underwear in space" - George Lucas.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

Maestro Snail

Rare developed Conker's Bad Fur Day in between Banjo-Kazooie and the sequel, correct? That would really show in the second game's elevated level of crude humour and innuendo.

The only moment that I never understood, however, was the rumour claiming the flower pots say "fuck you" and not "thank you". I can't make it sound like that even when I try to convince myself they're swearing. Come on, whose idea was that?

For staying warn free for 9 years Mmmmmm For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

WALLMAN

It's just what happens when you mix dumb kids and N64-era audio quality. Kirkhope did several takes of that line trying to prevent it.

In one of the Gruntyland mini-games, Grunty says "Grab my twinklies!" but they changed it to "Beat the Bear!" in the 360 port

Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

Whelt

I keep forgetting to mention, I have a code for the Half-Genie Hero Risky Mode DLC, on Wii U, that I don't need. It's up for grabs if anyone happens to have the Wii U version of the game but not the DLC... Which might be nobody, lol.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Maestro Snail

Decided to revisit Super Mario Galaxy 2; the game's probably the most challenging 100% that I ever completed.

For years I remembered it as something of a lackluster, obligatory sequel. Additionally, I felt a murky rustbrown colour palette was used too frequently, harming the visual appeal that its world invited. Many were hoping for some big, non-linear sandbox galaxies, too, which Nintendo did not deliver; that does remain a problem. However, in replaying my favourite stages, I had a lot of fun still. Yoshi (whom they totally withheld from the first game just so they could hype him later, lol) has good stages with replay value, especially my favourite level of all, the candy-themed one with illuminating fruits. I also beat Bowser again, this time as Luigi. I normally play as Mario because I do better with him.

Say, what happenes when you collect 9999 star bits & 9999 coins?

For staying warn free for 9 years Mmmmmm For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

mrdavidatify

I have GTA SA on Steam. I was trying to make it run on mom's laptop (the OS she has is windows 8.1, it's a lappy from 2014), and I had somewhat difficulties of this, but I found two ways on doing this. Anyway it's good that I'm revisiting the series.

Fun fact: I've played GTA in my childhood at a young age lol

For staying strike free for 1 year. For collecting all the bronze cards Best Newcomer 2016

P-Dash

I bought Hiveswap. I just couldn't resist. I guess I'm what you kids these days call "Trash".

Super Metroid complete Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Prime 100% For staying strike free for 7 years. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Whelt

After reading the premise, it looks like Broken Age 2

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

RedLuigi

Broken Age was one of the weirdest games I've ever played. Like, it wanted to be funny, but it would always stop itself before making an actual joke and have this really safe and unmemorable dialogue instead. Everything I've seen and heard of Hiveswap so far has been positive so I'm excited. It had a rocky development but it's here and it looks great.

I got my kickstarter code the other day, I can't believe Spring 2014 is finally here

For staying strike free for 7 years. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For Ohayocon! Ohaaaaaayo! *Robotnik music* You've GOT a little penis... Strrrriiiike free. For Lucky Lottery.

P-Dash

Here's the final boss and ending cutscenes for Marvel Vs. Capcom : infinite.

Spoiler

Super Metroid complete Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Prime 100% For staying strike free for 7 years. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

AGSMA

Five hours into Ever Oasis and I'm enjoying it a lot. My biggest complain would have to be the party system. I mean sure, Tethu is the protagonist of the game and a lot of the puzzels require his/her special abilities, still, it's a chore doing a lot of backtracking because there are secrets and side missions that force you to include Tethu in the party despite said puzzles are already solved, whereas other characters with specific abilities who might come in handy aren't able to join. With that said, three people is not enough for these side-missions. Maybe you'll get a party upgrade later on but I don't see it happen in this game. Thank God that Aqua Gates exist in this game.

Also, the New 3DS implementation is pretty poor. specially the fact that the C-stick turns the camera and the player, so whenever you use both the C-stick and the thumbstick at the same time you end up running on circles needlessly and that's a big problem when running away from an enemy.

This game has "budget title" writen everywhere. Aside from smilar mechanics I believe it even borrows assets from Ocarina of Time 3D, probably textures from Death Mountain and/or instrument samples for the soundtrack, which btw while the music in Ever Oasis is very hit and miss, the night theme on the other hand is pretty chill and atmospheric and I like it a lot.

Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

JazzDanceForChildren

The process of party changing does get more streamlined later on with a desk for it being installed right next to a teleporter, but even that doesn't go quite far enough. It feels like what you really need is the ability to change out characters like equipment.

I'm about 2/3 through Ever Oasis and plan on finishing it within the year. I definitely think it is a good game, but it feels like one of those RPGs where they put a solid amount of effort honing the mechanics and subsystems of the game, but then they wrote a really bland campaign to go along with it. It was a worthwhile purchase for me at $20, but I'd really like to see the game get a sequel that's a bit more refined.

Also I find it pretty funny how almost all the game's UI and visual design is lifted directly from Zelda with the sole exception of opening a big treasure chest, in which the camera perspective changes to the inside of the chest with your party looking into it.

For staying warn free for 9 years Designing card #18 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
Smartest User 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2012 - Overall For the category of Member With Funniest Posts, Smartest User 2014, Smartest User 2015, Smartest User 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down

AGSMA

Yeah, once I've beaten Baatsu last night I was like "Nope, definitely not taken from Ocarina".

It's too bad that they didn't bother to include gyroscopic movement in the game alongside the first-person camera borrowed from Zelda, which is praticaly useless in this game, with or without it.

Another thing worth pointing out is that I really dig the revive system in this game, as in able to revive your teammate when he's down. The health items are pretty scarse, unfortunately.

Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

JazzDanceForChildren

I'm pretty sure they just included a standard first-person camera because you unlock characters with crossbows later on who shoot from an over-the-shoulder perspective.

Assuming they actually made content specifically for it, I think this game would be really good with PSO-style multiplayer.

For staying warn free for 9 years Designing card #18 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
Smartest User 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2012 - Overall For the category of Member With Funniest Posts, Smartest User 2014, Smartest User 2015, Smartest User 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down

AGSMA
4 minutes ago, JazzDanceForChildren said:

I'm pretty sure they just included a standard first-person camera because you unlock characters with crossbows later on who shoot from an over-the-shoulder perspective.

Assuming that I find out a character of the same species as Miura which carried something that resembled arrows or javelins, you might be correct. Still it's a tad useless feature since, just like in Ocarina, you have a target lock button which does the same thing while in motion.

And yeah, co-op multiplayer would benefit this game tremendously. A sequel on the Switch could happen if sales are strong.

JazzDanceForChildren
11 minutes ago, AGSMA said:

Assuming that I find out a character of the same species as Miura which carried something that resembled arrows or javelins, you might be correct. Still it's a tad useless feature since, just like in Ocarina, you have a target lock button which does the same thing while in motion.

All of the non-Seedling species are locked into a single weapon type and gear loadout. So all of the Drauk that you get will play the same as Miura aside from character levels and unlocked combos. Later on you get the ability to send out groups to hunt or gather and that is usually the most productive way to utilize desert folk characters that you don't need in your immediate party.

Also crossbows are mostly used for obstacle clearing when they're first introduced in this game.

P-Dash

EU6rd6y.jpg

This is the most terrifying jumpscare in any media ever.