bob

General Video Game Chat Rising: Revengeance

16,065 replies to this topic

TheBlackWidow

No he should direct Detective Pikachu

Now I'm imagining Sonic as a slasher film

MemeKirisame
11 minutes ago, SharkhamAsylum said:

Slow music box rendition of Green Hill Zone.

A close-up: Dr. Robotnik running in the dark, his face flushed with fear and sweat.

Cut to: a blue blur om the background. It's zigging and zagging. It's so quick, it could be on Dr. Robotnik in a second, but it takes its time. It's toying with the man.

Back to: Dr. Robotnik running, now reaching a loop-de-loop in the path. He sprints forward as hard as he can and gets a few feet up the loop-de-loop, but then, his foot slips...

DR. ROBOTNIK: No...no no no!

...and he slides down pathetically. He lies humiliated at the bottom, when into the frame steps our monster, blood dripping from its spines and a knife in his hands. He saunters up to the doctor...

????: You could have escaped, doctor. You could've survived. But...

There it is: its massive, gleaming, bulbous eye(s) and a sick grin on its face:

SONIC: You're too slow.

Smash cut to black. Screams.

So good for a story-based poop.

Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 / Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 (YTPMV) Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

The Pope

So earlier this year I bought a 4K TV. I have a standard PS4 and a computer that could maybe run games at 4K, but since the PC's in my room I'd either have to lug it into the living room every time I play games (pls no), get a longass cord snaking out my bedroom into the TV (also pls no, and apparently in longer HDMI/DP cords quality drops out the wazoo), or streaming through Steam's new free Steam Link thing, which is basically like owning the $50 Steam Link box but if you have a certain Samsung TV (like I do) it just runs through the TV itself rather than needing to first go through the box. Which means I'm saving the $50 I would've considered spending on that box (which seems to be becoming less useful by the minute), except currently the software can only process as high as 1080p (and no the box can't do any better, it caps there too, and unlike the TV software my guess is that due to technical limitations that could never be bumped up in the future while with the TV there's at least a slight chance of that happening).

That's all a roundabout way of saying that I have a glorious 4K TV and no way to play games on it at 4K and it bugs the shit out of me.

I'm wondering if it's worth selling my current PS4 and upgrading to the Pro. I'm hoping the Pro gets a big price slash come Black Friday, but my guess is that it'll go from its current $400 to around $300, and I'll probably be able to get no more than $150-200 for my older model (GameStop should really have a deal where you save a lot if you trade in an old model for a new one), meaning it's around $150 just to bump up that quality. And is it worth it? Do most PS4 games run at 4K, or only some of the newer fancier shit?

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Dieathan

I'd say that it depends on the kind of games you're playing.

The big AAA games and PS4 exclusives are generally your safest bet when it comes to 4K output on the PS4 Pro, so if you happen to play more niche games, odds are they won't take advantage of the PS4 Pro's 4K output or the like. There is a Boost Mode that was introduced this year that forces games that haven't been made to use the more powerful hardware actually use it, though I wouldn't expect anything more other than perhaps a slightly more stable frame rate. To my understanding, more games will have full support for the PS4 Pro over time, and I simply upgraded if only because I could do so for a good price, and I didn't see any opportunity like it coming up again anytime soon. Also, I wouldn't really trust the back of the box when it says PS4 Pro Compatible, because about every game that gets released for the PS4 nowadays says it, but they don't specify if they get enhanced, and if they do, they don't specify in what way, so you'll have to do your own research unfortunately in that regard. There are some games released prior to the PS4 Pro that have gotten patches to output at 4K on the PS4 Pro, but again, you'll have to do the research to see which games do.

If you need an exhaustive list on how the PS4 Pro affects a specific game, I came across this NeoGAF thread that happens to list a bunch of games that support the PS4 Pro, how they are enhanced, and includes both games that support it natively or require Boost Mode. I'd say look at that list, find the games you intend to play on it, and from there see whether you're still interested.

For staying strike free for 5 years. The galaxy is at peace Metroid Prime 3: Corruption 100% Metroid Prime Pinball complete Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Fusion 100% Metroid Fusion under 2 hours For 50 awards! PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! PUH-LAQUE MONSTERS Thanks for the donation. For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT For participating in YouChew Secret Santa event prior to 2015 For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Link's Crossbow Training during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Richer! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. For finishing first place in the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award. Great work! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing the very hard game of Mario Bros 2 (JPN)/Lost Levels during the community challenge event. Wow! For completing Mario 1-3 & World for the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 For clearing Sonic CD during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. He's bigger, faster, Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For the EARRAPE Collab. For the EARRAPE Collab. For your article about what's new about the New Nintendo 3DS. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Congrats on 10 collabs! March 2014 - "Kuroko Forgets How To Peel Tomatoes" (Regular) March 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year User with Funniest Signatures 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

The Pope

I'd get more of these games on PC if I want good performance, but my gripes with that are as follows:

- I can't use a wireless controller, I have to be hooked up at all times or else the TV won't recognize it.
- When I have my controller plugged into my TV, while it recognizes it as a controller, it doesn't recognize it as a PS4 controller, meaning all the button prompts are incorrect.
- Since it's streaming from my room into the TV in the living room, a lot of graphical quality can be lost.
- Can only run up to 1080p

With all these in mind, while I'm hearing people tell me up and down that my PC can run anything at higher quality, I feel like having a PS4 to run games I want to play on my TV would be beneficial for these situations.

Hitman and Nier: Automata are listed among those with Pro support (Persona 5 is apparently boost mode only but it's PlayStation only so w/e), and I intended to get those all on PS4, so there's that.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Maestro Snail

Link's Awakening has some great easter eggs, by the way. Especially during the part where Marin follows you.

Gosh, I wish I'd known of these when I played through that part of the game! [timestamp]

For staying warn free for 9 years Mmmmmm For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

The Pope

The greatest easter egg of all is the one sitting on top of the mountain. I mean, look at the size of that thing.

WALLMAN

Do you think they fixed that thing where I jump off the horse and miss the wings for the hundredth time? I friggin hated that boss

Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

truteal

I wish the Oddworld guys the very, very best, but the new realistic designs are a serious downgrade in my view (especially the Glukkons)

For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

The Pope

der garm awards have been announced.

Surprising amount of Nintendo focus, though they have been on a massive winning streak this year so I guess it's to be expected. Though I found it depressingly humorous that they totally fucked up with Fire Emblem, since for Heroes they used an image from Echoes and they called Echoes "Fire Emblem Heroes: Shadow of Valentia" and used an image from Heroes.

Whelt

Looks like they swapped the icons for Echoes and Heroes, and yeah, mistakenly called both games "Heroes."

Also, Mario's icon is like 🤔

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

The Pope

I am a little grumbly that I haven't played Nier: Automata of Persona 5 year since I hear they're brilliant, but I'll probably end up getting them for Christmas. I am admittedly a little wary since apparently they're massive beasts and I'm trying to clear my backlog not make it ridiculously longer, but if they're as good as I hear, I should enjoy myself immensely.

Whelt

I'm reluctant on Persona 5 because I haven't played any of the others and it feels too late to start, and reluctant on Autoshata because I've never played a Platinum game in this style that I didn't end up quitting.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

kingplatypus

I've talked to one of my friends about Persona 5, and she said it's fine to just jump into it without playing any previous games. They aren't connected by any ongoing plot.

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

G ☆

I'd still rather play 3 and 4 first at least since they were already lauded before 5's release. Even if games in a series aren't technically connected through continuity, I don't want to run the risk of being spoiled by a later game only to go back to a more archaic previous game. It's for that reason I honestly regret starting the Fire Emblem series with Awakening.

Guess. User with Funniest Avatars 2017 That's a lot of love! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards DIABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EYELASHES For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For collecting all the silver cards. For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year