bob

General Video Game Chat Rising: Revengeance

16,222 replies to this topic

zoc
Spoiler

That and most of the thread would be in spoilers (like this very post!) lol, unless someone puts in a warning in the OP that explicitly states not to browser it unless you played the game, idk lol w/e you lot wanna do

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

The Pope

Even then, there's a high probability most people would skip the OP and just go straight to the most recent page.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Captpan6

I just want to say LoZ Breath of the Wild is becoming one of my favorite games of all time. I don't want to post anything in the dedicated thread for fear of spoilers. If any of you are on the fence about this game, which I hope is none of you, just get it. 

Placing 2nd in Chew-or-Treat (2017) Smartest User 2017 For staying warn free for 9 years A Secret Achievement? I tell ya what isn't a secret; this award stinks! DO HOHOHOHOHO! For getting 90 5-star ratings Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years July 2012 - "The Worst Sonic Fanfiction Ever" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 60 videos with a 5 star rating May 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 80 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 80 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 80 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 99 days before it was shut down 10 strong 5 strong For being a good pet owner. Good job! For winning lucky lottery!
Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

Morimoto

I am starting to get hooked to Sims 4. I had tons of childhood memories playing Sims 2 in my old PC.

I want to play Cities Skylines again, but it encounters the "low memory" error. I have to either painstakingly remove unused assets (I have 2000+) or just buy a RAM stick (currently I have 8GB). 

Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of October & November 2016 Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (YTPMV) Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For coming in 2nd Place in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For staying strike free for 1 year. For completing A Link to the Past during the community challenge. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Maestro Snail

Say, does anyone know if Ocarina of Time 3D keeps track of how many times you've died on savefile? The N64 version lets you see a counter right on the file selection screen. There were 62 recorded deaths on my sister's old first file. How'd we suck that bad, lol? Anyways, I am doing a 3 heart run on the remake, so I was curious.

For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying warn free for 9 years Mmmmmm For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Dieathan

The death counter was removed in Ocarina of Time 3D, so that's something you'll have to keep track of yourself if you still want to count them.

If you're trying to circumvent death on your 3 Heart Run though, just pack a few bottles with some fairies and you're practically all set. Getting the half-damage bonus from the Great Fairy Fountain near Ganon's Castle also helps toward the endgame, though you will need to grab the Golden Gauntlets from the Shadow Temple section of the castle beforehand.

For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For getting all the standard ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For staying strike free for 5 years. The galaxy is at peace Metroid Prime 3: Corruption 100% Metroid Prime Pinball complete Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Fusion 100% Metroid Fusion under 2 hours For 50 awards! PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! PUH-LAQUE MONSTERS Thanks for the donation. For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT For participating in YouChew Secret Santa event prior to 2015 For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Link's Crossbow Training during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Richer! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. For finishing first place in the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award. Great work! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing the very hard game of Mario Bros 2 (JPN)/Lost Levels during the community challenge event. Wow! For completing Mario 1-3 & World for the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 For clearing Sonic CD during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. He's bigger, faster, Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For the EARRAPE Collab. For the EARRAPE Collab. For your article about what's new about the New Nintendo 3DS. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Congrats on 10 collabs! March 2014 - "Kuroko Forgets How To Peel Tomatoes" (Regular) March 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year User with Funniest Signatures 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Deaniac

Remember Nintendo Power? He's back, in pod form.

That's pretty neat of Nintendo to acknowledge the magazine like that. Podcasts are becoming an increasingly popular method of entertainment and information anyways, so good on 'em.

First episode's here. 

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

SeductiveBaz

Why didn't they call it Nintendo Poder and pronounce it differently every time they said it? Why?

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Member with Funniest Posts 2017 For staying warn free for 9 years For getting 20 awards For completing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 2 during the community challenge event. August 2014 - "Seductive Haz Been" (Brain rape/Rape-core) Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2014, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the category of Funniest Avatars.
User with Funniest Avatars 2014 March 2012 - Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 246 days before it was shut down Da I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS IS FOR! Ten. Five. 100% pink man For servicing all of us. Ribbit fuckin' Ribbit! For giving me a treat. Purr.

SuperYoshi

Christ, you know Nintendo's in hot water when they can't think of anything more interesting to talk about for an entire hour than whether or not Captain Lou said "Fuck you Luigi" in that one episode of the Super Show.  I mean, I'm pretty convinced he did, myself, but that one guy sounded like he was in tears when the other guy kept telling him it sounded more like "Thank you" to him.

And was I the only one who thought it was weird how often they said you could buy their products "at your local K-Mart"?  Are they even still in business?

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

zoc
44 minutes ago, SuperYoshi said:

Are they even still in business?

Yeah, actually, but apparently a bunch of their stores are going to be closing starting January. This news got out a little over a month ago so I'm not sure if it's still true or not but still something to keep in mind. I'm surprised they mentioned K-Mart at all and not something like Wal-Mart which would have made more sense lol.

also welcom back fam :weasley::weasley:hyb

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

Maestro Snail

Thanks, Diethan.

So far I died once in Dodongo's Cavern from a careless Beamos beam, then 5, maybe 6? more times battling Stalfos in the Forest Temple. However, all of these deaths pissed me off so much that I angrily continued without saving - not that I lost any progress at all - meaning none would have recorded anyway, ha ha. 

Am I the only person who thinks the Forest Temple is the hardest temple? Even my three heart limitation aside, I always struggled against the miniboss. Having learned strategies to beat Dark Link, my previous biggest obstacle, I now rank the Stalfos fight among the difficultest moments in Ocarina of Time, second only to the final boss sequence. I just hope to manipulate the Stalfos so they'll repeatedly jump slash, which you can safely dodge and counter by sidestepping right (while targeting) and striking back. My younger couisin learned a good pattern right away, however, yet with several playthrough under my belt, I still get my ass kicked by Stalfos!

By the way, I know that A Link Between Worlds keeps track of your bodycount. Out of the deaths I had, all were fair except one; I once transported to the warp point outside Link's home in the dark world, not expecting an enemy would approach and kill me with bombs while I was looking away from the game. That was bad game design! I don't care if such was "to be expected" around the release of A Link To The Past, whose playstyle it tries to emulate.

For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying warn free for 9 years Mmmmmm For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016

Illustrated card #98

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Whelt

As much shit as Yooka-Laylee gets, I started a new playthrough on Switch and the game drew me back in immediately. It's rough around the edges, but it is truly not a bad game. The Switch conversion is also done very well. Obviously technically inferior to the other versions, but it's clear that they put a lot of care into making the port as faithful as possible.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Heruru Meruru

Pirated The Sims 4 (Fuck you EA) to see if it's really that bad. It seems the expansions and patches improved it a bit, the only thing that really bugs me is lack of create-a-style and a way to make custom neighborhoods. I also noticed it's easier, difficulty-wise.

Right now I'm doing the runaway teen challenge in one file.

Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For staying warn free for 9 years Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For having a blog entry featured. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos

Maestro Snail

Some more notes on my 3 heart run of OoT. Hear me chicken out on every boss battle.

Forest Temple - Like I said, the second Stalfos fight gave me hell. However, Phantom Ganon hurt me zero times and I took him down quickly. Can his 1st phase thunderstrike even hit you when you line up against the fences? Seems I was safe there?

Fire Temple - The easiest temple, I like to clear this one first. No close calls or anything. I took damage from Volvagia right as the battle started, but you can play it safely by climbing onto the sides of the platform during its aerial attacks. One more error would have killed me. Still a piece of cake, but nothing to brag about, lol.

Water Temple - Needless to say my fastest Dark Link fight! Despite how infamous this temple is for its trolling layout, it is my personal favourite. Morpha's got the power to one-shot you, but stay on your feet and hide in the corners of the room, and you're never in big risk.

Shadow Temple - Second easiest. You really needn't the Lens of Truth if you've beaten it once already. In order to make the bird statue at the start less of a Russian roulette, sidestep and jump after every skull you try; you can find the right one through trial-and-error without getting pitfalled. An invisible moving platform comes up later; gauge for it with the Longshot or your arrows. Lastly, Bongo Bongo does not become much tougher without the lens; you can usually tell where his body's in relation to his hands. It's important to maintain momentum here, so aim to be as fast as possible, never giving him room to counterattack.

Spirit Temple - up next!

Illustrated card #98

Deaniac

Been playing Freedom Planet on and off ever since I bought it during the autumn Steam sale. I had to unlearn a lot of the muscle memory controls I've picked up from Sonic games over the years but so far it's pretty neat considering it initially started out as a Sonic fan game. Dunkey recommended Freedom Planet on Twitter back when the PC release of Sonic Mania was coming up so if it got his seal of approval I figured it was worth checking out.

Some of the music is a little too new age-y for my tastes and a lot of the voice acting is corny, but the graphics look swell and the gameplay is solid, so I can overlook those things. What I can't overlook is some of these character designs because there is no way in hell that Lilac's a dragon. It seems like the designers took the Sonic philosophy of slapping a muzzle on any and every species of animal a little too close to heart.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

zoc

Starting today I'm gonna take a break from TF2 and Binding of Isaac for a while, they're all I've been playing the past like month or so and as fun as they are I've got other games I want to play AND a game I'm making that I would really like to focus on because I've been working on it too slowly. I don't wanna get irrevocably addicted to the same two games when I have stuff I wanna accomplish so yeah.