bob

General Video Game Chat Rising: Revengeance

16,760 replies to this topic

Girla PurpleHeart

Hey guys, I am thinking of modding my SNES Classic Mini since I got it for Christmas, but I really need help. I was thinking of creating a thread about it, since I know lots of people have done it before, but the problem is: I really don't know how to add ROMs on my SNES Classic. If anyone knows how to mod it, can someone made an instruction video of how to add ROMs on the SNES Classic Mini (and adding other console games too). If anyone wants to help me out with it, please let me know. Thanks!

For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest

For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years 5 Completed Matches! *Victory Chime*  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos You participated in ten collaborations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 36 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 239 days before it was shut down

SuperYoshi

Most of it's pretty self explanitory.  Download the latest Hakchi, put whatever roms you want in, configure whatever you want as far as reset button combos go (I have it set so A+B+Select+Start resets, like the Game Boy), hit synchronize, follow the instruction (which is pretty much just holding reset and turning the power on periodically while it does its thing like dumping and flashing the kernal, adding roms, etc.)  The whole process takes no more than 10 minutes.

This was pretty much the first video that popped up but it explains it pretty much as well as it can be.  Like I said, it's a really, really simple process.

Also, for the hell of it, here's my preconfigured Hakchi with whatever roms I put on mine already ready to go.  Nothing crazy like the other system emulators people put on it or the whole library, but just 80 odd games that I figured I'd want on it.  Something to start off with anyway.  Figure if anyone wants it since I spent way too long being anal trying to find the best looking boxart out there (Even photoshopping a bunch), then here you go.  Hakchi's compression is really nice.  You can fit on average about 300 more SNES games on the 300MB stock unit.  Way more than enough space for all the good ones out there.  Also be aware that some roms aren't perfect on the SNES-mini's emulator (Mega Man X3 has weird sound issues, Clock Tower's sound is completely fucked up, Kirby's Dream Land 3 save feature doesn't work at all [savestates do] and Shin Megami Tensei's intro doesn't look right because as far as I know nobody's fixed the hi-res mode quite yet).  That's just stuff I've come across.  It seems to run most games I threw at it just fine.

Anyways, here's my personal setup for anyone wanting something that's literally plug and play. 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/f5kk2aff8g8l57u/hakchi2.rar

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

Girla PurpleHeart

Nice, I might give it a try! Also, my Sister and Bro-in-law also had a SNES Mini Classic, so they might want to add more games in it too. c:

For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest

For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years 5 Completed Matches! *Victory Chime*  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos You participated in ten collaborations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 36 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 239 days before it was shut down

SomeDudeNamedBermudez9000

I have a question. Is the PS4 Pro just a revision of the original PS4 or is it like the New 3DS where it has it own games?

For staying strike free for 1 year.

Whelt

6 minutes ago, SomeDudeNamedBermudez9000 said:

I have a question. Is the PS4 Pro just a revision of the original PS4 or is it like the New 3DS where it has it own games?

Some games are designed to run at a higher resolution or framerate on the Pro, but all games are still compatible with the regular PS4 and the Pro does not have any exclusives.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
User with Funniest Avatars 2015
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015
Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Mæstro Snail

Season's greetings from Off the Hook!

tumblr_p1hhjyY4PF1snu4tio1_r1_1280.jpg

For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying warn free for 9 years Mmmmmm For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Countsmegula

It's kind of sad not being good at fighting games despite liking so many of them. I think Persona 4 Arena Ultimax was the only one I was stupidly good at and I just wish they'd re-release already like they do with every Persona spinoff.

For getting 20 awards Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying strike free for 5 years. That's a lot of love! Aww, thanks for inviting me over... and for not asking me to clean your room! I have to use a lifeline. For collecting all the silver cards. For collecting all the bronze cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group Spooky Poop 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For clearing Sonic 1 & 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos June 2013 - "Game Grumps Shirt Ads Prove Popular with Male Teenagers" (Regular) June 2013 - Overall, Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Deaniac

So, I ended up getting my brother Cuphead for Christmas thanks to that winter Steam sale. I also got him a Logitech USB gamepad like my own so we did a little two player co-op when I was home for break. We struggled on the first level multiple times and it wasn't until after I left that he actually made progress, so I guess I was the dead weight.

The only bosses we ended up playing against together were the flower and the carnival balloon headed man. Actually the attack patterns aren't too hard to learn after you've lost a handful of times, but there's so much shit going on at once that you're bound to get struck by an incidental object without realizing it. I was close to beating the flower on my own after my brother got killed off. It's certainly not Alien Hominid levels of unfair, because that game is in another league entirely.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

Mæstro Snail

Reminding you all that this' a game that exists.

For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying warn free for 9 years Mmmmmm For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

JazzDanceForChildren
On 1/1/2018 at 4:07 PM, Deaniac said:

So, I ended up getting my brother Cuphead for Christmas thanks to that winter Steam sale. I also got him a Logitech USB gamepad like my own so we did a little two player co-op when I was home for break. We struggled on the first level multiple times and it wasn't until after I left that he actually made progress, so I guess I was the dead weight.

The only bosses we ended up playing against together were the flower and the carnival balloon headed man. Actually the attack patterns aren't too hard to learn after you've lost a handful of times, but there's so much shit going on at once that you're bound to get struck by an incidental object without realizing it. I was close to beating the flower on my own after my brother got killed off. It's certainly not Alien Hominid levels of unfair, because that game is in another league entirely.

I ended up getting Cuphead as well and I've pretty much got the entire game except the final boss fight cleared out. The game definitely has some challenging moments, but there are also a lot of modern game balance concessions like having low downtime on replays and not having a system where failing burns through lives or some other metagame resource. The game has a lot more visual clarity than other 2D games where the stiff animation forces them to rely on really abstract cues to telegraph attacks like blinking/flickering. The attack patterns are easier to pin down when the animation is so good that you can use the level of malice in an enemy's face to time your dodges. I think the game's difficulty is kind of overstated since even though every single level is intended to be challenging, the pressure to perform consistently over an extended period like you have to in an arcade game with a sequential level structure really isn't there. But still, I think the option to actually progress the game by playing at a lower difficulty level should be there for people who don't have a lot of experience with run n' gun games, or for people who just want to have a less stressful experience with the game.

I will say that the second to last boss fight does have some serious bullshit that does unfortunately ruin what would have otherwise been a high point for the game. Without spoiling much, it's an endurance-based miniboss rush where you essentially have a flat 33% shot of failing at the end due to RNG. I was robbed by the RNG twice and my winning run took almost 8 minutes, but the victory didn't feel remotely satisfying. I'm guessing that the final boss will be extremely difficult and time consuming, but as long as the fight is just based on my ability to play the game then I'll accept that.

For staying warn free for 9 years Designing card #18 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
Smartest User 2017
Smartest User 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2012 - Overall For the category of Member With Funniest Posts, Smartest User 2014, Smartest User 2015, Smartest User 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down

WALLMAN

My biggest fear when buying Cuphead was it reaching AH levels of bullshit, but I Platinum'd it in about 16 hours.

@JazzDanceForChildren, that fight wasn't RNG. You just have to time your parries. By the time I had my A ranking, I was timing it so I only fought the 3 minibosses with the easiest patterns. The real hard part was dodging the attacks in his last stage.

Still, one of the toughest bosses in the game. I would have been stuck on it longer if he didn't glitch out on my first run

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

JazzDanceForChildren
20 minutes ago, WALLMAN said:

@JazzDanceForChildren, that fight wasn't RNG. You just have to time your parries. By the time I had my A ranking, I was timing it so I only fought the 3 minibosses with the easiest patterns. The real hard part was dodging the attacks in his last stage.

I get that it is technically within your control, but it's still way too much riding on such a small input. The placement of the extra health pickups on the board spaces is random though and one of the loadouts is objectively better to start with if you're going for the easiest sequence through the board, so that alone makes for a lot of unnecessary restarting since that's also the point where you might as well start over if you don't hit the number you want anyway. I don't think the parrying system really has the level of precision needed to make that part of the boss fight function in the way that they envisioned because I otherwise had a pretty consistent parrying abilities throughout the game, and I know a lot of players were bothered how the transition from parries being an optional flourish to being an essential technique that you need to clear certain sections wasn't gradual enough. I could deal with the speed at which you had to parry in the last section, but the randomization sometimes placed the parryable enemies in spots that weren't that helpful for keeping you airborne.

For staying warn free for 9 years Designing card #18 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
Smartest User 2017
Smartest User 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2012 - Overall For the category of Member With Funniest Posts, Smartest User 2014, Smartest User 2015, Smartest User 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down

WALLMAN

I think I see where you're coming from. Even with my timing, I still hit "Start Over" a few times, and the randomization at the end was a major hurdle, especially when I went through again on Expert.

One last tip: Health pickups only help you beat the level. You can ignore them if you're going for an A rank. The game doesn't rank health by how much HP you have at the end. The rating is based on how many times you were hit

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

Morimoto

Monster Hunter World is confirmed to release on PC in Autumn 2018.

That's a long wait, but I'll be looking forward for it. Hopefully, there will be a physical copy sold, so I won;t have to download 20 gigabytes on my crappy sub-1Mbps internet. The Philippines has the worst internet service in Asia.

Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of October & November 2016 Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (YTPMV) Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For coming in 2nd Place in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For staying strike free for 1 year. For completing A Link to the Past during the community challenge. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

JazzDanceForChildren
8 hours ago, WALLMAN said:

One last tip: Health pickups only help you beat the level. You can ignore them if you're going for an A rank. The game doesn't rank health by how much HP you have at the end. The rating is based on how many times you were hit

I was pretty much grabbing them just to clear the fight even though I think I finished with a hit to spare. I'm probably going to do a few of the fights again at the higher difficulty, but I doubt I'm going to try to score high on every single boss because it isn't worth the payoff for me. Most fights have the issue where the order of attacks is semi-random and certain sequences are a lot easier to manage than others. A local arcade does have a custom Cuphead cabinet and I'll probably set a few high scores on that since it doesn't seem like a ton of people are playing it.

Also I'm interested in Monster Hunter World since I do like the series, but dislike how rapidly they make new iterations of the game that force you to start over and spread the playerbase across too many versions of the game.

Smartest User 2017

WALLMAN

I need to upgrade my hard drive one of these days. I've been working with 500 GB for the last 8 years.

This will be my first Monster Hunter game and I'm excited. I hope enough people on Youchew buy it for PC so we can get a co-op group going.

Umigame

Nah...the fact that only a fraction of the money that's gathered goes towards the charities makes it not worth my time.

Wads of dosh User with Best Signatures 2018
Best Artist 2018 BWAAAH! For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying strike free for 1 year. For taking 1st Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! The galaxy is at peace Metroid Fusion under 2 hours For getting 20 awards Super Metroid 100% Metroid Prime 100% Metroid complete Metroid Tourian early Cursing the curser with twice the curse Buttfather SCROUNDER Look at this trophy, that you just won! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks User with Funniest Avatars 2017
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017
Best Image Editor 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017
Best Image Editor 2018 Best Artist 2017
Best Newcomer 2017
User with Coolest Avatars 2017
User with Best Avatars 2018 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! bubble gum and taffy That's a lot of love! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! It's a little itchy... For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! Asked nicely.

StockReady

I was going to say there aren't any favorite games of mine this time but I noticed Resident Evil 3, Yoshi's Island and some others in the schedule. The Mario and Zelda games are usually quite entertaining to me also.

For staying warn free for 9 years Boihood For staying strike free for 7 years. 2015 Contest - John Metravolta Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Thanks for the donation. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos October 2012 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 13 videos