bob

General Video Game Chat Rising: Revengeance

16,561 replies to this topic

JazzDanceForChildren

I never got into SMNC because I didn't have a capable computer, but I played 360 MNC for years and it was legitimately one of the best multiplayer games to come out for the system. In hindsight it's kind of weird that TF2 was always used as the point of comparison for the game since now you could look at it as being pretty ahead of its time considering that MOBA/shooters are an established subgenre. I probably would have been among the many people who preferred the original, but it would have been move to at least get the opportunity to run groups in the game.

For staying warn free for 9 years Designing card #18 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
Smartest User 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2012 - Overall For the category of Member With Funniest Posts, Smartest User 2014, Smartest User 2015, Smartest User 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down

VentXekart

Okay, I was checking my Steam recommendations for today and among them was this. I didn't know there was a Little Witch Academia game of all things on Steam, weird.

BWAAAH! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Many doors, yes? Richard Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

GameBreaker64
1 minute ago, VentXekart said:

Okay, I was checking my Steam recommendations for today and among them was this. I didn't know there was a Little Witch Academia game of all things on Steam, weird.

There are so many weird games on Steam. It's hard to count them all! 0_o

Countsmegula
43 minutes ago, VentXekart said:

It's on PS Store too, and it's £40. Luckily there's a demo, so I'll try out that. Didn't get much advertising when Dragon's Crown Pro and Lazer League basically stole the spotlight.

For getting 20 awards Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying strike free for 5 years. That's a lot of love! Aww, thanks for inviting me over... and for not asking me to clean your room! I have to use a lifeline. For collecting all the silver cards. For collecting all the bronze cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group Spooky Poop 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For clearing Sonic 1 & 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos June 2013 - "Game Grumps Shirt Ads Prove Popular with Male Teenagers" (Regular) June 2013 - Overall, Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Whelt

For the fans, it's been a long wait of silence and delays from Bamco, and now they release the game out of nowhere without a word, almost begging for no one to buy it or even know about it. It's pretty annoying to see the game treated this way when they're going all out promoting MHA One's Justice. Focus on what sells, I guess...

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Deaniac

Well shit, I never expected to read such sound advice from del Toro about video games.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

Whelt

That's exactly how I've been trying to go about it for some time now. Especially because with a full time job, I don't just have infinite energy and free time to waste anymore.

Games are supposed to be fun, so if I'm not having fun anymore, why force myself to continue? This is why I think gaming backlogs are a silly idea. If I'm not inspired to play or complete a game, forcing myself isn't going to do any good.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

The Pope

I agree with del Toro, but I use that logic to legitimize my backlog crusade, not to squash it.

Basically, I do have my backlog lined up like homework. That being said, if I truly am not enjoying a game, I drop it and cross it off my backlog, using it as a learning experience for what game genres/series I like and dislike.

I need some form of structure, otherwise I'll keep buying games I never play, which is madness. I'm not technically playing every game that was on my list to its fullest, but I am able to look through the full list and have either beaten them or determined that the game was not for me, and altogether feel no guilt going forward when getting/starting new games.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Whelt

My structure now is just, "Do I want to play this game right now?" If yes, then buy it. If no, then hold off until a time when I do. This means I end up skipping most sales, but it also means I don't buy games I end up never playing. Not much, anyway. I do make mistakes.

Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017

P-Dash

Super Metroid complete Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Prime 100% For staying strike free for 7 years. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

appdirect

That's why I like games that feature no ending.

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

The Pope

I'll say this, if I wasn't so steadfast on my backlog, I'd have missed out on a lot of games that I've come to fall in love with (most notably, VA-11 Hall-A), so I'm okay with slowly chugging along the backlog.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

StockReady

I don't play a lot of games so I can quite easily finish playthroughs I've started, though I have to say some games take time before I start liking them. Leaving them unfinished would kind of bother me.

Boihood For staying strike free for 7 years. 2015 Contest - John Metravolta Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Thanks for the donation. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos October 2012 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 13 videos

Morimoto

When I want to purchase games, I make sure I get my money's worth. I buy games that are interesting to me AND have lots of play time. I don't want to buy a $60 game just to finish it in a week.

I tried delaying the ending in some games, because I know I would likely stop playing after that, with the exception of games with great online multiplayer, such as Monster Hunter, Splatoon, and Pokemon.

Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of October & November 2016 Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (YTPMV) Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For coming in 2nd Place in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For staying strike free for 1 year. For completing A Link to the Past during the community challenge. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

zoc

That tweet basically sums up how I feel about playing new games. Ill try them out but unless they pique my interest within the first few hours or so I tend to shelf em. I don't have the energy nor willpower these days to drudge through games that I don't enjoy even if everyone and their grandmother recommends them to me. Having a job, hanging out with online pals and working on my own pet project is pretty much how I spend my time anymore and I like it like that. There's a few particular games I really wanna play before the year is over at least, like Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Persona 3-5 and Okami but other than that I'd rather just focus on my own game for now.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

Whelt

I don't like leaving games unfinished of course, it kind of bothers me. I try to only buy games I think I'm going to really like, but sometimes it can't be helped.

Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017

Dieathan

Whenever I get a new game, I generally do my best to try and see it through to the end at the very least and get the most out of a single playthrough. Buying a game is an investment after all, and I'd rather get my money's worth if anything. Hell, even if I haven't got anything else to do with my time, I may go on to complete them if I can be bothered to do so.

Though I've found that lately I've simply have too much free time on my hands these days, and it kind of bothers me. Seriously, I've been on a bit of a roll with collecting Platinum Trophies lately that's how much free time I have like I'm slowly turning into some kind of completionist, and some of those games can turn into an utter chore to complete sometimes. I just want to secure a good financial standing for myself without splurging too much into my hobbies, and I find that going out of the way to complete games is the only thing keeping me occupied until then. I know I need to sort out a job for myself, but I haven't had any luck on that regard since I still have yet to earn my degree, I've had no luck with job offers, I haven't gotten anything to work towards my degree until next semester, and I don't really have much going on socially either outside of a social group I go to fortnightly or whatever my siblings and family rope me up into (Which during the weekdays normally isn't much).

I'm just at a point in my life where there's not much of anything happening right now and there's little I can do about it at the moment, so I'm left with few options as to what to do with myself. I may not always enjoy completing a game, but really what the hell else could I do right now anyway?

For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For getting all the standard ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For staying strike free for 5 years. The galaxy is at peace Metroid Prime 3: Corruption 100% Metroid Prime Pinball complete Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Fusion 100% Metroid Fusion under 2 hours For 50 awards! PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! PUH-LAQUE MONSTERS Thanks for the donation. For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT For participating in YouChew Secret Santa event prior to 2015 For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Link's Crossbow Training during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Richer! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. For finishing first place in the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award. Great work! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing the very hard game of Mario Bros 2 (JPN)/Lost Levels during the community challenge event. Wow! For completing Mario 1-3 & World for the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 For clearing Sonic CD during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. He's bigger, faster, Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For the EARRAPE Collab. For the EARRAPE Collab. For your article about what's new about the New Nintendo 3DS. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Congrats on 10 collabs! March 2014 - "Kuroko Forgets How To Peel Tomatoes" (Regular) March 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year User with Funniest Signatures 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

TheBlackWidow
On Thursday, May 03, 2018 at 1:58 PM, JazzDanceForChildren said:

I'm still trying out all of those 3D remakes of the Sega M2 arcade games that came out over the years, but the version of Fantasy Zone II W they put out is really impressive. It was originally an okay Master System game that was really held back by the system, but they made a redesigned version of the game using the same arcade board as the first Fantasy Zone and it's remarkable how much better it is. It pretty much makes the original version look like a fucking piece of shit. There's also an endless score attack mode called Link Land Loop that practically stands on its own as an entirely new game.

Have you by any chance played any of the Yakuza or Shenmue games?

JazzDanceForChildren
3 minutes ago, TheBlackWidow said:

Have you by any chance played any of the Yakuza or Shenmue games?

I actually have not, no Sony console since the PS2 and I missed Shenmue on DC. I'd be interested in trying both because I've heard good things about Yakuza and that Shenmue was really advanced for its time even it's kind of aged today.

For staying warn free for 9 years Designing card #18 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
Smartest User 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2012 - Overall For the category of Member With Funniest Posts, Smartest User 2014, Smartest User 2015, Smartest User 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down

TheBlackWidow

Shenmue is getting a remaster on PS4 and Xbox this December. 

The Yakuza games have fully playable versions of Space Harrier, OutRun, Virtua Fighter, among others