bob

General Video Game Chat Rising: Revengeance

16,851 replies to this topic

JazzDanceForChildren
I don't think they've changed the movement - I just set it up to be EO-like: WSQE for forward, backward, and sidestrafing, and then A and D are turning. I can't really say for sure since I never played the first game, though, and since I'm also playing 2 on a laptop my framerate might also get in the way.

Basically what I mean is that in the first LoG, if you rotate yourself in either direction, step backwards, and repeat, none of the enemies will be able to hit you because your party always moves faster. The cooldown-based combat is based on the assumption that the party actually has to spend time facing the enemy before they can strike again, but you can avoid them entirely. It's like if a turn-based RPG somehow gave you the ability to deny your enemy the chance to act with 100% probability and you could do this indefinitely. I imagine a lot of people figured this out fairly early on in the first game, but a lot probably don't do it in order to preserve the spirit of the game.

For staying warn free for 9 years Designing card #18 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
Smartest User 2017
Smartest User 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2012 - Overall For the category of Member With Funniest Posts, Smartest User 2014, Smartest User 2015, Smartest User 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down

P-Dash

I finally broke down and installed custom firmware on my PSP. I have no idea what homebrew stuff to put on it though.

Mega Man X series complete Mega Man X4, Mega Man X5, and Mega Man X6 100% complete Mega Man X4 complete with Zero Hadouken and Shoryuken acquired in Mega Man X and Mega Man X2 Mega Man classic series complete Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters complete For getting 20 awards Mega Man, Mega Man 2, and Mega Man 3 complete Best Improving Artist 2018 Super Metroid complete Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Prime 100% For staying strike free for 7 years. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Moogle

I mostly use my PSP to play old PS1 classics. Good fun.

For staying strike free for 5 years. top 420 anime boobz ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS December 2011 - Overall December 2011 - "LEAKED FINAL FANTASY TACTICS 2 TRAILER" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 34 days before it was shut down good job, you jerk. (DONE, VOTE) and stuff! Congratulations! your face I could eat I'm so hungry Oh boy Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!

Whelt

That's not a bad use for it, looking at how hard it is to find a decent CRT now.

Flame Hyenard defeated with no damage taken in Mega Man X7 Mega Man X4 complete with Zero All upgrades acquired in Mega Man X4 Hadouken and Shoryuken acquired in Mega Man X and Mega Man X2 Mega Man, Mega Man 5, and Mega Man 8 complete The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
User with Funniest Avatars 2015
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015
Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

appdirect

I finally broke down and installed custom firmware on my PSP. I have no idea what homebrew stuff to put on it though.

I would recommend Tyrian and Meritous.

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

SkyBlueFox

I don't think they've changed the movement - I just set it up to be EO-like: WSQE for forward, backward, and sidestrafing, and then A and D are turning. I can't really say for sure since I never played the first game, though, and since I'm also playing 2 on a laptop my framerate might also get in the way.

Basically what I mean is that in the first LoG, if you rotate yourself in either direction, step backwards, and repeat, none of the enemies will be able to hit you because your party always moves faster. The cooldown-based combat is based on the assumption that the party actually has to spend time facing the enemy before they can strike again, but you can avoid them entirely. It's like if a turn-based RPG somehow gave you the ability to deny your enemy the chance to act with 100% probability and you could do this indefinitely. I imagine a lot of people figured this out fairly early on in the first game, but a lot probably don't do it in order to preserve the spirit of the game.

Ah. I think that might still be possible? But the enemies seem to have a lot of tricks that sort of deny that kind of dancing around. Not to spoil things too much, but frogs will eat your equipment, essentially forcing you to fight them if you want to get it back, and there are mushrooms that will spray poison spores where you're standing as one of their randomized attacks, and the spores linger for a while. Other times I think I've somewhat attempted a squaredance, but I've hit the attack button too early and had it whiff. I know I've cast some fire spells too early at times, which annoys me to no end when it happens.

Lucario For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For writing 12976 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For his premier article "A Brief History of Minecraft: From the Creative Mode to Ender Dragons" For being on the Vanilla forums for 90 days before it was shut down

Daya

So this happened.

Has Phil Fish become a role model or something?

Nah, it's just socially-awkward people being stressed over stuff

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Whelt

I wonder, if you buy it on other sites like Desura, will they still offer a Steam key?

I mean, I'm not interested in the game and never have been. But now I'm curious if that would work.

Flame Hyenard defeated with no damage taken in Mega Man X7 Mega Man X4 complete with Zero All upgrades acquired in Mega Man X4 Hadouken and Shoryuken acquired in Mega Man X and Mega Man X2 Mega Man, Mega Man 5, and Mega Man 8 complete The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Countsmegula

The Ultimate Controller for Marvel VS Capcom 3 works well enough, but my fingers keep slipping onto the touchscreen, and there's times where the control lags.

Cool idea, naff execution.

Mega Man, Mega Man 2, and Mega Man 3 complete Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kara no Chousensha complete For getting 20 awards Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying strike free for 5 years. That's a lot of love! Aww, thanks for inviting me over... and for not asking me to clean your room! I have to use a lifeline. For collecting all the silver cards. For collecting all the bronze cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group Spooky Poop 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For clearing Sonic 1 & 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos June 2013 - "Game Grumps Shirt Ads Prove Popular with Male Teenagers" (Regular) June 2013 - Overall, Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Dark Fox

f2e0717285.jpg

Defining features of a video game.

For staying strike free for 3 years. For 5 years of virtual cosplay. For introducing TomServo3 to the forum That's a lot of love! For obtaining 50 awards. Anime is shit I'm good at spreading love. but he's a creep and he chipped one of my permanent teeth! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For service! For meeting Benedetto! For being a part of at least one Recommended YouTube Poops article, primarily the September & October 2014 one. For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. We've got to have MONEY! Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thank you very much for your donations. For clearing Sonic 2 during the community challenge event. First place in the Super Smash Smackdown³! 3DS singles He's the leader of the bunch For your interview with Captpan6. For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards October 2014 - "oh yeah mama luigi" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Tiny tennis rackets! Tiny tennis rackets! Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
User with Coolest Signatures 2015
Most Likely to Rule the World 2015
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018 Best Newcomer 2014
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 April 2014 - Overall, Regular, Brain rape/Rape-core For having a blog entry featured. For writing 10032 words worth in blog entries. Anarchy Collab Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Getting 2nd in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest MMMMMMMMMMMM Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

bob

So, does it fucking suck?

For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

Whelt

I tried to buy it last night, but my bank is a pizza ship and is declining my card, probably because I've been buying so much shit lately for my new apartment. I'm going in on Friday to ask them wtf is up.

Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018

bob

Do they have "black protagonist", "Jewish protagonist" or "non-American protagonist"?

They seem just as important.

Oh, silly Ted. "Protagonist" means "good guy".

For clearing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years User with Funniest Signatures 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

Whelt

I didn't know Korra was a black, female, non-American Jew

Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018

Intermission

She's an eskimo Southern Water Tribe Raavian, that's like a x3000 minority combo in the game's Affirmative Avatar Action fighting system.

For staying warn free for 9 years For bein' a bitch Designing card #7 For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013
Most Likely to Rule the World 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos clobber my dick for fluck I organized a Festival that was lost when we were attacked by an insane, obsessive manchild Car-Bond For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray! Posting after Dopply For the incredible Ford image. For active service defending the fatherland, Administrator 2nd Class Emperor Ing awards IntermissionForBunny, Moderator 4th Class the medal for Moderator Service.<br />
<br />
Stand strong, soldier! I'm a genius

bob

Does being an anime make her a minority?

Dark Fox

Using any minority tag doesn't make it a good selling point.

Make it a WiiU exclusive.

For staying strike free for 3 years. For 5 years of virtual cosplay. For introducing TomServo3 to the forum That's a lot of love! For obtaining 50 awards. Anime is shit I'm good at spreading love. but he's a creep and he chipped one of my permanent teeth! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For service! For meeting Benedetto! For being a part of at least one Recommended YouTube Poops article, primarily the September & October 2014 one. For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. We've got to have MONEY! Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thank you very much for your donations. For clearing Sonic 2 during the community challenge event. First place in the Super Smash Smackdown³! 3DS singles He's the leader of the bunch For your interview with Captpan6. For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards October 2014 - "oh yeah mama luigi" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Tiny tennis rackets! Tiny tennis rackets! Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
User with Coolest Signatures 2015
Most Likely to Rule the World 2015
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018 Best Newcomer 2014
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 April 2014 - Overall, Regular, Brain rape/Rape-core For having a blog entry featured. For writing 10032 words worth in blog entries. Anarchy Collab Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Getting 2nd in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest MMMMMMMMMMMM Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Whelt

The tags on Steam are user defined, so Korra could be tagged as "Gay Malaysian Babies" if enough people agreed.

Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018