• Announcements

• Whelt

Regarding the recent update   07/20/2017

As you may be aware, the forum software underwent an update that turned out to be somewhat buggy. We rolled back the update for now, and will plan on making a more smooth transition later on in the future. In the meantime, you may notice the forum loading slowly as a lot of processes are running right now. We ask for your continued patience, and apologize for any inconvenience.
The Pope

Overwatch

2,798 posts in this topic

Is it just me, or do most of the new event items not feel like event items? The skins and sprays do, but everything else could have easily been added at the normal price without all that exclusivity BS. The victory poses in particular are just still frames of existing emotes

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

This event is really underwhelming, honestly. A lot of hype over nothing.

So many pictures, so little wall space. This'll make a GREAT omelette! It is written, only Link can defeat Ganon SCRAP METAL! Look at this trophy, that you just won! For getting 20 awards Best Artist 2017

Favorite Staff Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Mmm... spare change? spare change ma'am? PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! bubble gum and taffy EYELASHES! i like you too millhouse (but not in that way) For service! For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For staying strike free for 3 years. For collecting all the bronze cards Best Artist 2016
Friendliest User 2017 For having a blog featured Participated in the 2015 and 2016 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For winning the Holiday Art Contest 2015 For coming in 3rd in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Thanks for the donation For staying strike free for 1 year.

The "all heroes" variant of Uprising is really fun, but the main variant is a bit frustrating because you're forced to use a team that has little synergy.  The main problem is Tracer--she's not meant to hide behind a Rein shield and it's very easy for Mercy to lose track of her.  Playing with randoms on anything above normal is a crapshoot because it's really easy for inexperienced Tracers to throw the match by wandering off and dying.

I find it kinda funny that apparently the optimal strategy for all heroes is to run Rein, Torb, Mercy, and Bastion.  As you can imagine Bastion really fucks up the enemies and he's pretty much the core of a successful team on higher difficulties, but once he's swapped out for Tracer everything goes to shit.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your contribution to YouChew's favorite Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episodes. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

I was only gonna go for the Rein skin and maybe McCree's, but then that D.Va animation came up and I only have 1000 credits.

At least D.Va works well in Uprising. I can even find use in 폭탄을 떨어 뜨려 라 again.

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For getting 20 awards For collecting all the bronze cards For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing A Link to the Past during the community challenge. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Organizing and completing the Harkinian League Spooky Poop 2015 For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For being a super teammate Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For having a blog entry featured. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years

Played some of the event last night. Really appreciate the All Heroes option; would have really liked to have had something like that back during the Halloween event. It's fun to see what characters translate well to the mode and which ones don't. Edgelord has quite a good amount of damage and survivability (high drop rate of souls from the enemies), but felt kinda boring otherwise; without the goal of sneaking up on opponents to pick them off (main reason I find him fun in PvP) he's just kind of a slow dude with good shotguns, blah. Genji was harder to use, but every one of his abilities translates well to the event, and you have to use all of them in order to do well, making him a pretty engaging choice. Junkrat, if opinions from friends are to be believed, has a hard time in the mode --- a moveset focused on traps and prediction of where the enemy will go doesn't work as well when the enemy can spawn in the open and come in from anywhere --- meanwhile D.Va is pretty weak with her weapons but becomes silly-good once you get the self-destructs going. All quite fascinating.

Posted Nep Nep hentai For staying strike free for 7 years. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Meeting MycroProcessor Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Here's to another 4 years before anyone else gets it hooray!

GM really isn't all that different from plat half the time.

For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 3 years. For participating in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament! Know what I mean? Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For beating Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For finishing second place during the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Given for putting on the excellent Smash Bros Smackdown online tournaments, complete with prizes. Great work, we thank you for contributing to and pulling together the community! Coming in 1st in the Super Smash Tourney: Double Trouble! for Wii Uchew Thank you so much for your patronage. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks a lot for the donation Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

So while most of the Overwatch heroes have maps that represent them (with some maps not even having heroes representing them), I'm looking through and trying to see what heroes don't have any kind of map representation and what might be neat.

Currently we've got Hanamura for Genji/Hanzo, Temple of Anubis and Oasis are both sort of based on Pharah and Ana, Route 66 is McCree, Volskaya is Zarya (and maybe Sombra, but that's pushing it), Gibraltar is Winston, Dorado is probably more Sombra than anything, King's Row is Tracer, Numbani is Orisa, Eichenwalde is Reinhardt (and I guess Bastion too, he doesn't really have much other choice), Nepal is Zenyatta and Ecopoint is Mei. Hollywood, Ilios Lijang Tower don't really have representatives (you could argue Mei for Lijang but again that's pushing it).

Then that leaves the following:

• Reaper/Widowmaker: Maybe a Talon base? You could arguably do something in France for Widowmaker, but we haven't seen anything Talon-related in-game, so some headquarters of some sorts could be fun.
  • Soldier: 76/Torbjorn/Mercy: Likewise, an Overwatch base would be a cool place to fight, like you start on street level and gradually work your way down into an underground bunker or something. Torbjorn and Mercy could maybe get places for their own country, but they're pretty deeply tied to Overwatch, so something Overwatch-focused could tie them all in.
  • Junkrat/Roadhog: You could argue Route 66 works for them, but we could have an Australian outback level for them which would be more fitting.
  • D.Va: Something in South Korea. A game tournament? Could be a little too on the nose. Maybe a mall? Something that would fit well with D.Va's aesthetic but also be distinctly Korean.
  • Lucio: His only influence was in Numbani, where his posters look to be gone. He could go for a Brazillian stage, but barring that, maybe a venue that leads to a concert stage? That could be silly.
  • Symmetra: Vishkar. She keeps name-dropping Vishkar, and we need some level focused around them.
For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Hey, were there changes made to taking points in comp?

Because like, let me lay out a scenario that just happened:

We didn't take point 1 in King's Row, so going into Round 2 it was 0 to 0. We're defending it, and the girlfriend is off setting up a Sym tele. Normally, if someone is contesting a point, it'll say so and you'll hear beeping, yeah? But like, there was no contesting the point warning, it was just suddenly MATCH COMPLETE.

So what the fuck? We can't contest anymore in comp if we're down points? If the enemy team fucking sneezes on the point, they win? What? What's going on?

So many pictures, so little wall space. This'll make a GREAT omelette! It is written, only Link can defeat Ganon SCRAP METAL! Look at this trophy, that you just won! For getting 20 awards Best Artist 2017

Favorite Staff Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Mmm... spare change? spare change ma'am? PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! bubble gum and taffy EYELASHES! i like you too millhouse (but not in that way) For service! For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For staying strike free for 3 years. For collecting all the bronze cards Best Artist 2016
Friendliest User 2017 For having a blog featured Participated in the 2015 and 2016 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For winning the Holiday Art Contest 2015 For coming in 3rd in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Thanks for the donation For staying strike free for 1 year.

It's gauged by the checkmarks. So for instance, if you didn't get a single tick and they manage to cap it up to at least one tick, they win.

It's to avoid stalemates.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Wow, that's garbage. Thanks, though.

Eh. In your situation I can see how it'd be frustrating, but overall I think it's a positive move to stop stalemates from happening as often.

It goes off percentage right now, not ticks. So if the attacking team fails to cap very little it can lead to cheesy defenses where they can't leave the point ever or they lose.

It's being adjusted to where at least 1 tick (33%) needs to be captured in order for it not to tie, which is what it should have always been. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754425436#post-1

For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 3 years. For participating in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament! Know what I mean? Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For beating Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For finishing second place during the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Given for putting on the excellent Smash Bros Smackdown online tournaments, complete with prizes. Great work, we thank you for contributing to and pulling together the community! Coming in 1st in the Super Smash Tourney: Double Trouble! for Wii Uchew Thank you so much for your patronage. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks a lot for the donation Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Sidebar, I tried Uprising today. It's pretty fun! Sombra's surprisingly good, since her hack completely shuts bots down, plus she neuters Bastions which are usually problematic. I feel like I could beat it on Legendary, I just need to be playing with a team that isn't utter cow dookie.

Uprising is the most fun event so far. I really like it a lot as well, they did a good job making the all heroes version actually fun and not just thrown in as an afterthought.

I beat it on legendary with symm, she's okay in it. At higher difficulties the bots will break your turrets pretty fast, but the ball spam is real, and she absolutely melts the bombs because the charge shots penetrate it's armor and can hit all four crit points at once (1000 damage per shot!) Still though on legendary stacking shields and/or a bastion feels like practically a requirement, otherwise it can be easy to get overwhelmed when the bastion and bombs start showing up together.

I've had a lot of fun with uprising as well. I've tried both game types and they're both pretty neat, my only gripe is that playing mercy is incredibly boring but perhaps I should just try a harder difficulty.

For being a part of the Recommended Poops of June 2017 Best Newcomer 2017 donation_award_notes For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System SPARE CHANGE MA'AM? Hey, gimme a boost, Mario.

That's a lot of love! Eyelashes! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016 (Classic)

I've played the new mode a few times now, and it's pretty fun. I can see them bringing it back at some point in the future after the event is over. There's probably room to expand on the mode - different maps, different objectives, and so forth. 

One thing that I've thought about is what the worst possible team composition for this mode would be. At first, I thought Sombra would be a poor choice, but she seems to do alright. 

You've GOT to be kidding Best Writer 2017 Millhouse, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you want ME more than you want this award. Season 2 For collecting all the silver cards For meeting Dark Fox! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For having a blog featured For collecting all the bronze cards Best Writer 2016 For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For releasing an article about the journey of entering the Navy. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Tracer, McCree, Hanzo and Roadhog.

Have fun getting dead.

I agree with most of those, but Roadhog might be pretty decent with his self heal, even if he's not as useful as Reinhardt.

You've GOT to be kidding Best Writer 2017 Millhouse, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you want ME more than you want this award. Season 2 For collecting all the silver cards For meeting Dark Fox! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For having a blog featured For collecting all the bronze cards Best Writer 2016 For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For releasing an article about the journey of entering the Navy. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Yeah, but Roadhog's built for taking down individual dangerous flankers, which doesn't do much against a horde of weak but numerous enemies.

I actually discussed this a bit with Jazz a little while ago, and we wondered if his hook might be useful for pulling the Bastions and detonators away from the payload.

I mean, he's clearly not the ideal tank for Uprising, but I'd rather use him than say, Winston.