The Pope

Overwatch

2,660 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Life said:

i fucking hate mobas but i need officer dva

I actually think HotS is okay for a MOBA. Wouldn't play it regularly but unlike DotA 2 I'd actually play the main game

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For finishing third place during the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

D. Va gets the Robocop skin of all people? D. VA?

I try to avoid any MOBA that doesn't have WASD movement, but I'd be down for it.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

Robocop skin

huh

Do you mean her mech resembling ED-209?

For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

It may be a stretch, but yeah, it's a robot that looks like a cop car. Pharah has a Robocop voice line and she's hurting for skins right now

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

it's not like you have to win any games (and for the Genji skin you can play vs. AI) so I'd probably just throw my matches and try to lose as quickly as possible.

edit: I have the game installed so if anybody on my friends list wants to grind this out then hit me up during the week.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your contribution to YouChew's favorite Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episodes. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

I mean in general Orisa's great at pit-dumping fuckers. People just need to learn how to use the gravity ball.

For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Oni Genji and Officer Dva will eventually be obtainable in normal loot boxes, so unless you want the skins right away it's safe to wait. Pretty cool, I'll still probably do the challenge for officer dva but I'm glad they're getting rid of this timed exclusivity shit for some promotions.

2 hours ago, The Pope said:

I mean in general Orisa's great at pit-dumping fuckers. People just need to learn how to use the gravity ball.

Yeah. I think she's kind of underrated right now, she can really shred and the minigrav is insane, the slow CC after the pull in is incredible. My favorite is shooting the ball at a pharmercy combo which often locks them down in one place long enough for me and a hitscan to destroy them, or at least fuck them up bad enough that they're out of the fight for a few seconds.

For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 3 years. For participating in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament! Know what I mean? Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For beating Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For finishing second place during the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Given for putting on the excellent Smash Bros Smackdown online tournaments, complete with prizes. Great work, we thank you for contributing to and pulling together the community! Coming in 1st in the Super Smash Tourney: Double Trouble! for Wii Uchew Thank you so much for your patronage. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks a lot for the donation Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

It's got a million and one uses. If a Reinhardt's shield is up, you toss it at him and detonate it past the shield to pull him and his buddies back. Pull snipers/support out of position. Pit dumping. Drop the Supercharger and get everyone together for a good dicking. Stop Lucio from stalling on the point and hold his ass to the ground while you gun him down. Stop Genji's Dragonblade killstreak in its crib. Get Bastion out of Sentry mode.

So far the only real counter to it is D.Va's defense matrix, so if I see actually decent Orisas popping up, I guess I know who to switch to?

Also sidenote, I really wish it had a better name, like Graviton Burst or something. "Halt!" is just so awkward. "Use your Halt! to halt the enemy and once Halt! recharges you can make sure your enemies halt with Halt!."

11 minutes ago, The Pope said:

So far the only real counter to it is D.Va's defense matrix, so if I see actually decent Orisas popping up, I guess I know who to switch to?

Dva is one of her tougher MUs in my experience. Not as bad as Junkrat, but matrix is hot shit so if she has good management with it ugh. I do like catching dva's without their matrix (whether they mess up or were forced to run a lot of it out on something else), she has the hog effect where if her main ability is on CD she's feeding the fuck out of me.

11 minutes ago, The Pope said:

Also sidenote, I really wish it had a better name, like Graviton Burst or something. "Halt!" is just so awkward. "Use your Halt! to halt the enemy and once Halt! recharges you can make sure your enemies halt with Halt!."

Yeah I'm kind of iffy on the halt name too. For a while I didn't even know it was called that, I just called it ball because...ball.

My own sidenote, while we're talking about Orisa, she has my favorite nanoquote in the entire game, and chaining it with her ult gives my nerdy ass goosebumps.

SYSTEM OUTPUT OVERLOADEDCEASE YOUR RESISTANCE *melt the full hp hog in 2 seconds*

For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 3 years. For participating in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament! Know what I mean? Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For beating Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For finishing second place during the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Given for putting on the excellent Smash Bros Smackdown online tournaments, complete with prizes. Great work, we thank you for contributing to and pulling together the community! Coming in 1st in the Super Smash Tourney: Double Trouble! for Wii Uchew Thank you so much for your patronage. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks a lot for the donation Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Speaking of which Pope/Life/Ben/whoever we gotsta get another game goin soon. Haven't rolled deep with ya niggas in a grip.

SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

Indeed. My roommate just got the game; I would've pinged you last night when we all played but I didn't see you on.

I cleared out a lot of my friends list because there was a thing going around that bnet friends list hurt FPS, but it didn't help me at all. I think it must have only applied to large friend lists, like 75-100+ (though it's still fucking stupid that friends list of all things would affect frames.)

I still have pope, but anyone else I deleted feel free to readd me. #Life12346

Also sidenote, but I've been feeling much less effective as D.Va as of late. Part of it is that she's been nerfed (this), but there's also the fact that I can't get crazy quad kill play of the games these days because players have learned how to counter that shit. And by that, I mean they use Reinhardt, which literally 90% of teams have. Anyone who says that Reinhardt is in a good spot has smoke up their ass, because when every single team is saying "naw we need a Reinhardt", that means he's no longer designed to work in a team composition but is treated as mandatory, which is bad design. I don't know what needs to be done, but he needs to be brought in line with the other Tanks. Until that happens, I can't drop my bombs in safety, and that grinds my gears.

Like, I'll tell my team "hey can we get a Bastion/Reaper/Sombra/Junkrat/something to counter Reinhardt" and the typical response is "uhh why don't you go that???" or if they do actually go those characters, they don't focus on Reinhardt like they fucking should.

Rein can be annoying but my biggest pet peeve will always be Roadhog. Ik Blizzard at least SEEMS to be trying to balance him (Ik, Blizz balancing anything haha funny joke I get it) but you still have to walk on eggshells with that fucking hook. I guess I just cant really grasp how to deal with him other than to chip away at a long distance (which doesn't always work that well) but seriously, dude looks at you funny then BOOM, youre suddenly right in front of him and unless youre a brick wall like Winston youre 100% fucked. Like I said Im sure there's some obvious solution Im oblivious to but it just irritates me more than anything else in the game.

Mei sucks too but at least I can just get the drop on her and jump around a fuckton and she cant really do much unless she has ult but Roadhog is just uuuuuugh Jesus fuck dude.

SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

The problem isn't really fixable without neutering Rein because he isn't over or underpowered in any aspect really. He's just literally the perfect tank. His barrier in particular:

- Large amount of HP that regens when not in use
- Can lower and raise it at will
- Mobile
- Large enough to reliably shield the whole team

Until another tank has shields that is doing AT LEAST the last three things, nothing can truly be an alternative to him. Which does suck, because he does feel practically mandatory at times.

5 minutes ago, zoc said:

Rein can be annoying but my biggest pet peeve will always be Roadhog. Ik Blizzard at least SEEMS to be trying to balance him (Ik, Blizz balancing anything haha funny joke I get it) but you still have to walk on eggshells with that fucking hook. I guess I just cant really grasp how to deal with him other than to chip away at a long distance (which doesn't always work that well) but seriously, dude looks at you funny then BOOM, youre suddenly right in front of him and unless youre a brick wall like Winston youre 100% fucked. Like I said Im sure there's some obvious solution Im oblivious to but it just irritates me more than anything else in the game.

I was gonna type some shit out but here's a nice reddit post that sums up some tips for dealing with hog.

Yeah that actually does help a bit, thanks man. I honestly dont take cooldown into account so maybe thats my problem. Ill keep it in mind in case I gotta deal with his fat ass tonight.

I think one or both of these could help with Reinhardt:

- Increase the time between raising/dropping shield. If it goes down and he starts swinging, he needs a little time to either get out the hammer or raise the shield. This means that raising or dropping it will be a more serious decision, rather than "crawl up to enemy, pop with hammer, o hai here's shield again). He's not meant to creep up on fuckers and 1v1 them, he's supposed to chill with his team and protect them, only getting out the hammer in emergencies.
- Decrease the shield health. The best rounded number I can think of is 1500 (or 1800 to be double Orisa's), but then you run the risk of people complaining that his shield melts too early. To compensate, perhaps decrease the time it takes to get his shield back? Makes it so that he's good at protecting against weak fire like McCree, Soldier or Widowmaker, but burst damage like close range Reaper or Bastion could actually be "tank busters" like they're advertised.

They tried coming up with an alternative with Orisa, and people are clearly preferring Reinhardt. The next step is to look at him and see how he can be weakened to get in line.

As for Roadhog, I tend to have little trouble with him when playing Genji or Reaper. Genji can deflect the hook, and my mobility means that if things get dicey, I can easily climb out of his reach and get the fuck out. Then there's Reaper; even if he hooks me, I can usually survive with Wraith, or I can prank his ass with Wraith to fake out the hook, at which point he's easy pickins'. Otherwise, snipers, Junkrat (at a range of course) and Zarya do a good job of fighting him off without getting hooked to death.

Yeah Reaper and the 2-3 tanks I play are prolly the only people I can use relatively well against Road atm, everyone else is just fuck it. But the post Life linked to is definitely a great help, as I said so it's nr a big deal. It's funny because it's always things that're there but you just overlook lol. Oh well.