The Pope

Overwatch

2,871 posts in this topic

junk changes are stupid. the hero is already good, he just has a niche role in the game. his balance is fine and they're fucking with his abilities for the sake of upping his pickrate in comp.

roadhog should just be reverted to prenerf albeit with a smaller hook hitbox. people complained about him because no one likes being one shot, but it's an 8 second CD and when the CD was off you had to actually aim the gun and know your ranges still. the tradeoff of a strong ability like hook was being a fat ult battery for the enemy, so to justify you playing hog you had to be landing your hooks. not to mention the hook already had established counters like zarya bubbles or dva matrix or shield gen. everything but the hook hitbox was fine.

widow and orisa changes sound good, although it's now going to be a lot more difficult for a monkey to solo takedown a widow (if she manages the CD correctly she'll be able to hook away every time winston jumps at her, jumppack has a 6 second CD+1~ second for winston to land on her, he'll only be able to get maybe 60-120 dmg in each time, depending if he got the melee+landing hits.)

For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 3 years. For participating in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament! Know what I mean? Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For beating Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For finishing second place during the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Given for putting on the excellent Smash Bros Smackdown online tournaments, complete with prizes. Great work, we thank you for contributing to and pulling together the community! Coming in 1st in the Super Smash Tourney: Double Trouble! for Wii Uchew Thank you so much for your patronage. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks a lot for the donation Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

i dont really know anyone whos clamoring for a junkrat buff but thats pretty exciting

For staying strike free for 1 year. For collecting all the bronze cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Overwatch getting new game modes is always enough to make me shit myself in excitement. Ok not really, more just a quick fart as I sit up, but still, good to hear we'll be getting permanent game modes other than capture the point, push the cart, and capture the point then push the cart. Now if they can make a year-round PvE mode we'll really be getting somewhere.

Posted Nep Nep hentai For staying strike free for 7 years. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Meeting MycroProcessor Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Here's to another 4 years before anyone else gets it hooray!

58 minutes ago, trepmaws said:

Overwatch getting new game modes is always enough to make me shit myself in excitement. Ok not really, more just a quick fart as I sit up, but still, good to hear we'll be getting permanent game modes other than capture the point, push the cart, and capture the point then push the cart. Now if they can make a year-round PvE mode we'll really be getting somewhere.

You know this will only be arcade-only, right?

They flat-out stated that due to this mode's nature of not focusing on team objectives but instead just good kills, it's not suitable for quick play and competitive.

That being said, while I do like Overwatch's standard game modes (in that they're cribbed from TF2's best game modes, Payload and 2CP (KoTH is okay I guess)), I wouldn't be wholly against new game modes. I despise 5CP in TF2 (mostly because it makes playing Engineer a nightmare), but I wouldn't be wholly against Blizzard trying 5CP in Overwatch (or maybe 3CP to reduce complexity). Capture the Flag is in arcade where it frankly belongs, and Payload Race and Special Delivery were unfortunately sad jokes (that being said, custom map creators did end up making some maps that were vastly superior to the official Valve PLR maps like Panic which is still one of my favorite community maps, so maybe Overwatch could find a way to make that work as well). Other than those, I struggle to think of good team-based objective game modes outside of "kill everyone" which, again, isn't team-based.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

I think one time jeff mentioned either in a forum post or a dev update that they were considering adding 6v6 elimination to qp and comp

For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Is it obvious that I keep forgetting arcade mode exists? I need to play with folks more interested in doing that, rather than mashing the quickplay option until we burn out for 2 months.

And yeah, I wouldn't really expect deathmatch to be a legit competitive thing in Overwatch, a game inherently built around teamwork. Honestly I was surprised at the announcement of the mode in the first place, as I can think of at least a few characters that are gonna be heavily disadvantaged in free-for-all (and clearly the devs also knew their game wasn't made for it, if the announcement video is any indication). Unless people can get skilled or creative enough to make Rein and Mercy work in a mode where the only thing that matters is your personal kill count, and I doubt there will be many of them.

Posted Nep Nep hentai For staying strike free for 7 years. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Meeting MycroProcessor Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Here's to another 4 years before anyone else gets it hooray!

i would personally pay so much for an update that let you filter modes in quick play. please

For staying strike free for 1 year. For collecting all the bronze cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Tried out Death Match.

It was actually quite fun. My whole shtick as D.Va is just soaring around whacking fools, so it came as second nature to me. I didn't win my first game (got second place, it was like 20-18-18 and then everyone else had 10 kills or fewer), but I got in the top 4 and it was durn fun.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

I know I was skeptical of Copa Lucioball at first, but I just hit diamond for the first time and it's like "Shit, man, why can't that other competitive mode be this fun?"

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

I got 2900 after placements. And I can't play Lucio for shit.