AGSMA

Episode VIII: The Last Star Wars Thread

1,012 replies to this topic

MAZZ0Murder

BUMP

First teaser for Solo. Looks decent.

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

Deaniac

Okay, consider me intrigued.

Still disappointed that Lord and Miller left the project, but whatever happens I'm looking forward to seeing Donald Glover as Lando.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

Whelt

I'm just not feeling it. It's so... unnecessary.

I guess it looks like a fine blockbuster and all. But Han Solo just did not need an origin story at all.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
User with Funniest Avatars 2015
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015
Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

VentXekart
3 minutes ago, Whelt said:

I guess it looks like a fine blockbuster and all. But Han Solo just did not need an origin story at all.

I personally disagree to be honest, it'd be interesting to see what his background is especially considering how its only lightly touched upon in the expanded universe. Besides, some of the new characters that have been shown in the trailer look interesting.

For staying strike free for 5 years. BWAAAH! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Many doors, yes? Richard Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Whelt

Like I said, the movie looks fine if you really care about Han Solo's backstory. But I'm personally not interested.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
User with Funniest Avatars 2015
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015
Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Robotic

It's so unimportant, isn't it? I mean, I thought Rogue One was completely unnecessary, but at least the stakes were high even though we knew the outcome. With this movie, everything that matters about Han Solo comes after it

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

The Pope

I'll admit that Glover totally sells the smarmy charm of Lando.

That being said, I just can't ese Han Solo's actor as Solo. Dunno if it's the hair or the face, he just looks...off.

At any rate, could be a fun distraction, but yeah, definitely feels unnecessary. I'm cool with getting new Star Wars movies, but I think after Episode IX, if Disney's smart, they'll cool down a bit to avoid Star Wars burnout.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

VGFM

MistareFusion's review of Last Jedi made me realize something--Poe actually gets off pretty easy despite getting most of the resistance killed, and yet so many people act as if the other characters were too hard on him.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your contribution to YouChew's favorite Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episodes. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Biodegradable

Looks like fun on a bun to me, so I'm eager to see it.

For reaching this poop milestone. Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos YOU'RE YELLOW BWAAAH! GO and KILL! Submitting 100 videos to the Video System User with Coolest Avatars 2017
Friendliest User 2017
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Best Improving Artist 2018
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Best Writer 2018
Friendliest User 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018
Best Image Editor 2018 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For receiving a candy heart during the Valentine's Day event! For getting 20 awards For meeting LaVie CestLol and ravinrabbid123 For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 For taking 1st Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! Congrats! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest I can do it, I can do it 10 times. For staying strike free for 1 year. For The Angry Grandpa Collab. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of May 2016.

and August 2017

and December 2017

and May 2018 FIVE! FIVE TENNIS MATCHES! HA HA HA HA!! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Hey, gimme a boost, Mario. For collecting all the silver cards Best Tenniser 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016
Friendliest User 2016
Best Image Editor 2017
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Best Newcomer 2016
Best Writer 2016
Best Tenniser 2017
Best Writer 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2018
Best Tenniser 2018 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Regular)
Top 10 Videos of June 2017 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 / Top 10 Videos of June 2017 Congratulations on your first ever Writing Staff article, my friend! :) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

TVBForever

It doesn't look terrible thus far.

But similar to Zack Snyder's Justice League and Edgar Wright's Ant-Man; I just swear that there's an alternate universe where a Lord & Miller cut of the film exists somewhere which I think it'll be doubtful.

Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018 (Classic) Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For staying strike free for 7 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

MAZZ0Murder
On 2/5/2018 at 12:17 PM, VentXekart said:

I personally disagree to be honest, it'd be interesting to see what his background is especially considering how its only lightly touched upon in the expanded universe. Besides, some of the new characters that have been shown in the trailer look interesting.

Most of them will probably be DEEEAD.

Also, Han better win the ship from Lando. Also wonder what team is going to be put together... if it's not smuggling then that will feel strange...

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

Buffalo

Whether the look of the Solo actor looks off or not, I do love the Han Solo "twang" he has in his voice. Feels accurate in that way at least.

But hmm... yeah, can't say this movie seems very necessary to begin with. Han was always an interesting character, sure, but I can't be sure if I ever wanted to know much more about him (in the form of an entire movie no less) when his trait as a "mysterious scoundrel" was the thing about him I enjoyed the most.

I'm sure I'll enjoy it but its development issues put me a bit on the edge, even if that may or may not affect the quality of the film much. The idea of Ron Howard directing a Star Wars movie was something I never thought I'd see and it excites me... not sure if they're even keeping any of the Lord/Miller footage, however. It did go through quite a bit of reshoot hell from what I've heard so who knows.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For getting 20 awards For meeting Jintai! User with Funniest Avatars 2016 For getting all the standard ornaments For clearing Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga during our community challenge event & placing 6th in the Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For staying strike free for 3 years. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. of the DK Crew. Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos for participating in ten excellent collaborations For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For getting first place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! ChewChew Rocket! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos December 2013 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

The Pope

shit

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

TVBForever

...well fuck.

Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018 (Classic) Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For staying strike free for 7 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

RGS

Gotta be honest: the only reason I would even watch this movie is just to see Donald Glover as Lando Carlissian. That is just ideal casting.

Can't really say the same for Alden as Han Solo. It's funny because in that crappy Hail Caesar! movie from 2 years ago he was pretty good at playing a dumb character who is supposed to be a really bad actor, but maybe that's just the way Alden acts generally because he does not convince me as a young Solo really. The fact that he needed an acting coach mid production doesn't help.

Also, while the story could be a bit interesting, albeit unnecessary as hell, the trailers didn't excite me. Oh and Emilia Clarke is an inconsistent actress and I don0t think I've seen a good Woody Harrelson performance since like Zombieland I think? So the cast really worries me.

Really, I'll just be there for Glover, he is the man.

For the work you've done on the review of Kanye West's The Life of Pablo. For staying strike free for 1 year. For getting 20 awards For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the silver cards Best Newcomer 2016 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Sentence mix-core) Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For having a blog featured For the Cool Cat Saves the Kids Collab, great job! Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For getting all the standard ornaments An Avid Collaborator is YOU! For participating in 10 successful collaborations. For going above and beyond with the Gamers Collab! For the Gamers Collab--CONGRATULAAAAATIONS! Spooky Poop 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Nozdordomu
On 2/12/2018 at 12:26 AM, The Pope said:

shit

Lol, it's disturbing how well this works.

Anyway, I probably won't be seeing the movie either, but I hope it's not a total waste of time.

For getting 20 awards For being a part of the Recommended Poops of November 2017 For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

Buffalo
15 hours ago, RGS said:

Gotta be honest: the only reason I would even watch this movie is just to see Donald Glover as Lando Carlissian. That is just ideal casting.

Can't really say the same for Alden as Han Solo. It's funny because in that crappy Hail Caesar! movie from 2 years ago he was pretty good at playing a dumb character who is supposed to be a really bad actor, but maybe that's just the way Alden acts generally because he does not convince me as a young Solo really. The fact that he needed an acting coach mid production doesn't help.

Also, while the story could be a bit interesting, albeit unnecessary as hell, the trailers didn't excite me. Oh and Emilia Clarke is an inconsistent actress and I don0t think I've seen a good Woody Harrelson performance since like Zombieland I think? So the cast really worries me.

Really, I'll just be there for Glover, he is the man.

I have to disagree on a couple things - I'm pretty sure even veteran actors need coaches depending on the role, so it's easy to take those reports out of context, especially when Ehrenreich sort of has "newcomer" status. It doesn't necessarily mean he's doing poorly.

And regardless of consistency, Clarke and Harrelson are still two very talented people who have proved themselves as perfectly capable, and even the best actors have been in plenty of 'meh' movies/shows. Harrelson in particular has done plenty of good work since Zombieland, especially in True Detective.

But you could very well be right. The movie might be straight up mediocre, but I'll probably wait since we know next-to-nothing about it so far.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For getting 20 awards For meeting Jintai! User with Funniest Avatars 2016 For getting all the standard ornaments For clearing Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga during our community challenge event & placing 6th in the Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For staying strike free for 3 years. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. of the DK Crew. Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos for participating in ten excellent collaborations For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For getting first place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! ChewChew Rocket! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos December 2013 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

MAZZ0Murder
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:26 PM, The Pope said:

shit

I was wondering when this would pop up :P

TVBForever

Got back from Solo last night, and I'm just gonna bump this and say it here.

...why?! Just... why!?! Disney, why???

trepmaws

Went and saw Solo this afternoon, and yeah, I'll agree it's no Empire Strikes Back by any stretch of the imagination. I hesitate to say it's on the level of an amateur fanfic, but some of the writing and dialogue certainly pushed in that direction.

But I will give the movie some credit. With Rogue One I wasn't really into it until the last half hour, meanwhile with Solo I was having at least some amount of fun the whole way through.

Spoiler

Even had a legit good laugh at Lando bailing with the Falcon just as Han is bluffing about having hired guns on it.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Posted Nep Nep hentai For staying strike free for 7 years. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Meeting MycroProcessor Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Here's to another 4 years before anyone else gets it hooray!