TVBForever

Shitty Experiences at the Movies

161 replies to this topic

TheOneManBoxOffice
42 minutes ago, RCLeahcar said:

I don't know about America but in the UK, children are legally not allowed to be admitted into 15 or 18-rated films (which are the equivalent ratings to R and NC-17 respectively).

I think in your case, your rating system, which covers both film and television, is regulated by the government (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). The guidelines of the MPAA, or Motion Picture Association of America, which does our rating system, are entirely voluntary, where any individual theatre (i.e. grindhouse) or a large theatre chain (Regal, Cinemark, AMC) can make their own policies on who is allowed in.

Regardless of this, most, if not, everyone discourages people from bringing their younger children to see movies intended for adults, unless they themselves are mature enough. Last time I saw an R-rated flick in the theatre, it was Deadpool, and there were some kids that were also in the theatre. Luckily, they behaved themselves, and a good time was had by all. That, I'm okay with. But when it comes to gory horror flicks, unless they were tested beforehand under their parents' discretion to see how far they'll go without having nightmares or being scared shitless, that I'm not okay with, and I don't think most people are either.

You can haz award now For being a runner-up in the Draw Your Favorite YTP Character contest! For participating in Chew or Treat 2017! For staying strike free for 5 years. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017
User with Best Signatures 2018
Best Writer 2018 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

KingofSp4des01
  • Banned
  • 9 hours ago, BeanosOnToast said:

Also, there was a group of children screaming behind my seat and I could hear a father chattering to his son towards the film's climax; not really a good experience, especially on Mother's Day.

I hate it when kids always yell and disrupts the good part.

OT: I once went to the movies with my whole family, watching Narnia when I was 6. I didn’t like the movie, so I fell asleep, and ended up waking up at my house.

Top 10 Videos of May 2018_2 (YTPMV) For your thorough work on the Chewiki For participating in the 2016 and 2017 Chew or Treat events! For participating in 10 successful collabs Submitting 25 videos to the Video System BWAAAH! For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Lucario

Buffalo

Saw Black Panther last week and pretty much everything that makes me anxious about going to the movies happened, lol. Other than the usual loud talking and chewing I seem to get stuck with every time (and I wasn't expecting there to be that many people on the movie's third week in theaters), the theater's sound seemed to be having some issues-- it felt like half-stereo sound coming from only the front of the room instead of the whole thing, so even hearing the dialogue was difficult, especially taking the loud chattering into account. Also, the dude in front of me pulled out his phone in the middle of the movie and it seemed like it was on full brightness or something, because it was distracting as fuck. It lasted probably 15-20 minutes.

I wanted to let him know but was afraid of how he'd react, as annoying as it was.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For getting 20 awards For meeting Jintai! User with Funniest Avatars 2016 For getting all the standard ornaments For clearing Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga during our community challenge event & placing 6th in the Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For staying strike free for 3 years. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. of the DK Crew. Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos for participating in ten excellent collaborations For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For getting first place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! ChewChew Rocket! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos December 2013 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

The Titan

One of the worse film experiences in my life was when I went to go see "Ouija: Origin Of Evil" It was just me and a friend in the theater. And we were enjoying the film until like 10 mins into the movie, these fucking college frat boys came into the theater and sat right in front of us. There was like 100 empty seats and they chose to sit in front of us. Didn't bother me but a really tall dude sat in front of my friend. We moved like 5 rows higher. It was fine until the frat boys started yelling through out the entire movie. There was a scene when the little possessed girl was running on the wall and one of the frat boys yelled out "LOL BLACK OPS 3 TRAILER" at that point I left the theater to report them and there was like nobody to report to. Nobody was behind the snack bar. It was 5 pm and I didn't see any staff.  Easily the worse film experience at a theater in my life. 

There have been a few other bad experiences like going to watch X-Men: Apocalypse and these nerds spoiling the movie, Zootopia where children were screaming and crying, Star War episode 3 where a fight broke out. But this was definitely the worse.

TVBForever

Last night when I saw the recent Tomb Raider movie, a couple of loud angry high school kids came in 10 minutes in the movie hollering out loud towards the screen; only to leave before the second act.

I mean I did tell them to shut up; and I was this close to getting the manager, but by that point they walked themselves out.

...it was... interesting. Even then the movie was meh to me.

Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018 (Classic) Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For staying strike free for 7 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

CrazyJoeDavola

About seven years ago I went to see The Hangover 2 with my girlfriend, her mom, and two other friends. God knows why we waited to see it Memorial Day weekend. The place was packed and so hot that I had a headache fifteen minutes into the movie (which was shit then and is probably shit now). 

Not the shittiest experience of my life, but definitely one of the most uncomfortable.  

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos February 2013 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

TheBlackWidow
    On Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 10:11 PM, KingofSp4des01 said:

I hate it when kids always yell and disrupts the good part.

OT: I once went to the movies with my whole family, watching Narnia when I was 6. I didn’t like the movie, so I fell asleep, and ended up waking up at my house.

I fell asleep watching Good Burger at the theater. Only time I remember missing out during film

TVBForever

o yea i almost forgot

i did sleep through the third act of the tomb raider movie

Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018 (Classic) Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For staying strike free for 7 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

CrazyJoeDavola
    On 3/20/2018 at 12:40 AM, TheBlackWidow said:

I fell asleep watching Good Burger at the theater. Only time I remember missing out during film

My only memory of Good Burger involves my dad pretending to be sick so he could take my brother and me home early. In retrospect I forgive him, and probably owe him an apology. 

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos February 2013 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

TVBForever

If I can recall, back in Christmastime 2013 when me and my family were out to see Anchorman 2 (even I can't remember that movie too much cause it was an awful unnecessary sequel) and I was pretty sick at the time. The screening ended with my family arguing in which I wasn't involved. Meh...

Igg

This was long ago when I was a kid. I went to a movie (I think it was one of the Harry Potter ones) and I took my favorite Lego Minifig with me in my pocket. I had mixed and matched giving him cool armor, a shield and battleaxe, and his head was from a very old set that I had traded for from a friend. He was the leader of my dark Lego knights. Later I found that sometime during the movie, he had fallen out of my pocket and I had left him there.

Even to this day, I always always check my pockets obsessively during and after the movie for things that may have fallen off my person.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Best Improving Artist 2018 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Found the secret edit. For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

TVBForever

So last night when I saw Deadpool 2, once the trailers ended; the audience had to wait at least 30 minutes for the movie to start. So by that point, the same trailers replayed and the movie properly started According to the manager, it had something to do with audio glitches so that may explain why it took forever to start the film.

Although this isn't the only time it happened to me. When I saw Hereafter with my parents; as well as Gangster Squad a couple years later; the former happened when sound was off during the previews and then two minutes after the start of the movie; the audio quality was fixed; the latter was when the film abruptly started despite the audio glitches so I had to wait extra minutes until the projector restarted as the previews began.

TheOneManBoxOffice

One of my theatres takes part in Fathom Events, so they got access to the TCM Big Screen Classics, and I went to go see one of them, which was Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971). However, during the introduction where presenter Ben Mankiewicz talks about the history of the movie, there was no audio, and they could not reset it. So anything I could've learned from the making of the movie was thrown out the window, as I enjoy learning about how older films were made (a benefit of being a film major). Thankfully, the sound was restored before the picture began and it only happened once.

You can haz award now For being a runner-up in the Draw Your Favorite YTP Character contest! For participating in Chew or Treat 2017! For staying strike free for 5 years. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

Best Writer 2018 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

TVBForever

It usually happens once I participate in Fathom Events (not really too often). I remember when I was in a Rifftrax screening for Godzilla '98 and the audio was accidentally muted during the half of the intro. It was fixed midway through.

Mæstro Snail

Here's a moment I just recalled. I laughed at loud at the "Let It Go" reference in Zootopia (I saw the movie dubbed, but the joke made sense in translation, too) only to realize that no other attendees reacted much at all. This screening was close to the end of the movie's theatrical run, so maybe 20 people were present at most. I suspect that many were oblivious to the pun, but, gosh, that made it no less awkward to be the only person audibly laughing. Heck, if none understood what made me crack up, that's all the worse.

For your contribution to the YouChew Zine! For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying warn free for 9 years Mmmmmm For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Probo

I had a terrible one last year. There was a special showing of Kiki's Delivery Service, one-day, one-time at a movie theater I tend to go to. Head to the showing, it was black for so long I was worried I wasn't even in the proper room. It turned out it was unable to show properly, and while there was compensation with free tickets for a future movie, no new showing of Kiki at that theater would be arranged.

The upsides at least were I did already see the film a few years before on DVD, and in fact later that summer was able to see a separate showing of the film at a different theater. (which was not your traditional movie theater, rather a locally-organized outdoor theater, and was quite nice)

For staying warn free for 9 years Eat da candy it's a little itchy... For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Lucario For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed background card

Designed cards #6, #13-16, #19-20, #25, #29, #31-33, #36-40, #43-47, #50, #52-54, #57, #59, #62, #65, #68, #70-72, #79, #81, #90, #100

Illustrated card #93 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For getting all the standard ornaments Contributing banners for the Halloween and Christmas skins For staying strike free for 7 years. For clearing Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario World during our community challenge event. Fine dined on Norwegian escargot. For clearing Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles & Sonic CD during the community challenge event. Way to go! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For taking third place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 1st as "Favorite Staff Member" - 2014 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Best Image Editor 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Most Helpful Member 2015
Most Helpful Member 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew, Best Image Editor, and Best Artist, Spirit of YouChew Award 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Favorite Staff Member 2015 Oh yeah that reminds me, I bought 5 of each while awards were down For making the Hulkamania and GreenSwampWarrior banners. Placing #4 in the Wheel Gator Speed Run. Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived. Here's to the start of a wonderful career. Cheers. Congrats on your masterpiece. For winning second place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

10/31/11 - For coming in 1st in the Halloween costume contest. Your drawing was voted the best!
For drawing an awesome Ford image!

TheHiddenHoward

This one time, i went to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows with my mom, sister, friend & his mom. Anyway, as soon as the first trailer started (Star Trek Beyond), the screen goes black. A guy comes up and says that there is a fire happening inside the theater! Anxiety kicks me in the ass as we all head out of the emergency exit. Never experienced anything like that in my life. I still haven't seen the movie, but i bet it is meh.

One time, i saw Logan with the same friend and his mom. Great movie, but when the third act was starting, a couple came in with an infant. The child looked like almost a year old, i was baffled. There were already kids in the theatre, but not as young as this child. 

Oh yeah, i went and saw Planet 51...on my birthday. I question why the fuck did i want to see that.

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year.

TheOneManBoxOffice
    15 hours ago, TheHiddenHoward said:

Oh yeah, i went and saw Planet 51...on my birthday. I question why the fuck did i want to see that.

That's nothing. In my late teens, I went to go see Epic Movie in the theatre. I'm still questioning that decision.

TVBForever
    23 minutes ago, TheOneManBoxOffice said:

That's nothing. In my late teens, I went to go see Epic Movie in the theatre. I'm still questioning that decision.

A lot of people had these decisions between ages 10-15. For instance (even though I posted this a while back), I saw Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen back in 2009, and midway through the film, the projector was caught on fire. But 10 minutes later, the projector was fixed and I was disappointed that the screening continued.

TheHiddenHoward

Speaking of Transformers, i only saw Revenge of the Fallen & Dark of the Moon in theaters. When i saw ROTF, i had a massive headache and had no idea what was happening. I saw DOTM in 3D and my eyes were hurting, but no headache this time thank god, but the movie was shit. I told my mom that the movie was bad and she was upset that i didn't like the movie. I think she told me to stop saying was because my dad payed for it as a treat for us.

Honestly, i wanted to see Winnie The Pooh. At least it was shorter.

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year.