• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
TV🅱️🅱️RA🅱️

Shitty Experiences at the Movies

132 replies to this topic

TV🅱️🅱️RA🅱️   
TV🅱️🅱️RA🅱️

What does this have to do with Film and Television? Well, this topic's film alright, at the movies nonetheless, and it's basically based on your crappy movie theatre experiences.

I had one when I was watching Kick-Ass in 2010 when it was first released in theatres, and if you count technical issues, this was a bad experience. I couldn't hear what was going on the speakers, since the sound was muffled. I asked the ushers if there was something wrong with them, and if they could go ahead and fix the speakers. 45 minutes later, and there's still an issue with the speakers. Because of this, I demanded a refund, but instead got a discount ticket to see another movie, which was cool and all, but that was a bad experience.

That, and when I saw The Lego Movie back in March of last year. When I was watching the movie, the baby was crying so loud, and the parents did nothing. I asked the parents if they can shut the baby up, nothing. So, I looked for an usher and asked if he can have the parents shut the baby up.

So, what are your horrible experiences?

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

MrDjThompson   
MrDjThompson

That, and when I saw The Lego Movie back in March of last year. When I was watching the movie, the baby was crying so loud, and the parents did nothing. I asked the parents if they can shut the baby up, nothing. So, I looked for an usher and asked if he can have the parents shut the baby up.

Almost-literally the exact fucking thing happening to me but the baby stopped crying, didn't get help, and I saw it in Feburary.

For staying strike free for 1 year. For completing Sonic CD during The Sonic Adventure 2 Challenge. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos September 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

appdirect   
appdirect

I went to see Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows Part 2, and I suddenly got diarrhea and had to go to the bathroom like 2 or 3 times, and I hadn't seen part 1.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

Nozdordomu   
Nozdordomu

When I went to see Moonrise Kingdom, there were a few older ladies in the seat behind mine, and they kept talking throughout the entire goddamn film. I shushed them a few times, but they still kept commenting. If the movie hadn't been so good, I would've left the theater.

Also, the sound mixing in Interstellar was kind of bad.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

AGSMA   
AGSMA

From the top of my head, me and some friends had a popcorn fight when we saw the first Chronicles of Narnia, though it was more of a shitty experience to my parents; when I saw Interstellar last week one woman in front of me couldn't stop reading messages on the phone.

Years ago me and my parents went to a brand new cinema watching Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and when we saw a trailer for Ice Age and all of the sudden the trailer stopped and the screen went black; there was an issue in the film tape but it was fixed in a minute or so.

In general I catch a lot of bad behaviors when I go to the movies, but very rarely I find really despicable ones.

Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

Buffalo   
Buffalo

I also had a pretty miserable time watching Interstellar, albeit the second time I saw the film. Being relatively long after the film's release, I didn't expect many people to show, but for whatever reason, the theater was packed. The entire time, nearly everyone couldn't stop talking, coughing, chewing food obnoxiously, sneezing, and generally just being extremely loud. Given that I have misophonia, it was pretty hellish. I really wanted to concentrate and notice things I didn't see the first time, and I succeeded, but needless to say it was very difficult. This is why I generally wait a while after a film's release to see it... hoping that not many people will be there. Heck, when I saw Guardians of the Galaxy the second time, my friends and I were the only ones there and it was great. 

Like Nozdordomu's experience, the audio was also terrible and I could barely make out what the characters were saying (it could've just been the movie though, because I've heard multiple reports of the film being hard to hear). I also was dying to see a movie on film for once (in 35mm, at least), but alas, my cinema only does film converted to digital now. 

When I saw Thor: The Dark World, two snotty teenagers commented on every scene the entire way through.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For getting 20 awards For meeting Jintai! User with Funniest Avatars 2016 For getting all the standard ornaments For clearing Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga during our community challenge event & placing 6th in the Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For staying strike free for 3 years. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. of the DK Crew. Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos for participating in ten excellent collaborations For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For getting first place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! ChewChew Rocket! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos December 2013 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

AGSMA   
AGSMA

Oh yeah, and forgot the fact that I sit right next to hands down the most childish adult I've ever met when I went seeing Frozen. In fact, watching Frozen made me wish I could watch animated films with it's original voice acting so that I can avoid swarms of kids that aren't teached that talking on theaters is annoying for other people.

Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

Dark Fox   
Dark Fox

Funny Harry Potter was mentioned, because when we went to go see Deathly Hallows 1, the movie Color Girls was mistakenly put on. It was changed quickly, but at least we figured that's the reason why the previews were so... colorful.

For introducing TomServo3 to the forum That's a lot of love! For obtaining 50 awards. Anime is shit I'm good at spreading love. but he's a creep and he chipped one of my permanent teeth! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For service! For meeting Benedetto! For being a part of at least one Recommended YouTube Poops article, primarily the September & October 2014 one. For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. We've got to have MONEY! Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thank you very much for your donations. For clearing Sonic 2 during the community challenge event. First place in the Super Smash Smackdown³! 3DS singles He's the leader of the bunch For your interview with Captpan6. For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards October 2014 - "oh yeah mama luigi" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Tiny tennis rackets! Tiny tennis rackets! Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
User with Coolest Signatures 2015
Most Likely to Rule the World 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 Best Newcomer 2014 April 2014 - Overall, Regular, Brain rape/Rape-core For having a blog entry featured. For writing 10032 words worth in blog entries. Anarchy Collab Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Getting 2nd in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest MMMMMMMMMMMM Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

TheOneManBoxOffice   
TheOneManBoxOffice

I once went to go see the 2012 version of Les Miserables, and only a few times, I heard a baby crying/making noise. The same thing happened two years later when I went to go see The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Keep in mind that this happened at the same exact movie theatre. Thankfully, the parents managed to keep the baby quiet throughout almost all of the picture, but it baffles me as to why they brought them in the theatre in the first place. Both of the movies I mentioned are PG-13, are not kids movies, and are over two hours long. Not only this, but bringing a baby to the theatre in general is an obvious no-no when it comes to common sense.

You know, I have an idea for every single theatre chain. Have a sign put up at every theatre entrance saying "NO BABIES ALLOWED IN THE THEATRE" in bold black text, even if said theatre is showing a G-rated family picture. Little kids are fine, just as long as they know theatre etiquette (you know, no talking, texting, and all that stuff the theatre is obliged to remind you of before the movie begins).

Now some of you may disagree with this, and I understand why, but understand this: crying babies are a big problem for moviegoers, and they ruin the experience of others who have also paid money to see the movie. You want to show your baby a movie, rent or buy a kids movie and watch it at home with him/her. Otherwise, if you want to go to the theatre, hire a sitter.

Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

Varietyguy   
Varietyguy

I went to see Captain Phillips with 5 of my friends (two who were extremely annoying and for the record no longer my friends) and throughout the entire movie those 2 friends kept laughing and screaming swears and cussing. Me and my other 3 friends told them to shut up but they wouldn't. Eventually I just joined in. Also one time I went to go see the nut job with my family and the film screwed up. We had to wait for hours until it finally worked.

For staying strike free for 1 year. January 2015 - "MICKEY MOUSE NAMES A RUSSIAN AIRCRAFT CARRIER AFTER HIS SPOUSE" (Brain rape/Rape-core) January 2015 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

Erazor   
Erazor

When I saw Zombieland in theaters, the power went out and we missed out on literally the last scene of the movie.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Congratulations on finishing the first dungeon goddamnit. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Spooky Poop 2015 Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years SKINNER Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

TugCoat   
TugCoat

When I saw Zombieland in theaters, the power went out and we missed out on literally the last scene of the movie.

This happened to my home the first time I watched Alien.

On Topic:  I got the worst, most painful cramps when I saw National Treasure 2 with my family.  I remember literally nothing about the experience except that, a joke with Nic Cage pretending to get his arm trapped and maybe a car chase.

Also I lost my first cell phone in a movie theater.  I don't even remember what movie it was.

For staying strike free for 3 years. I actually decided based on upvotes. That's a lot of love! WE'VE GOT TROUBLE Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thanks for the donation Testing the IPS 4.0 Update User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Best Newcomer 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year When you're chased by... For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! October 2014 - Sentence mix-core, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Deaniac   
Deaniac

I don't think I've ever had a truly horrible theater experience. Most of mine have ranged from low key to super fun. The only semblance to one I can think of is when I went on a school trip to the movies to see Inspector Gadget and the projector wasn't working, but that ended up being a very good thing because we ended up being redirected to a theater playing The Iron Giant instead.

Speaking of National Treasure 2, the only thing I remember about that movie was the "How To Hook Up Your Home Theater" Goofy short that played before it. That's it. As for the movie itself, I've got nothing. Then again, that had more to do with the quality of the movie than the experience.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

TugCoat   
TugCoat

I remember that short too!  I forgot that it played before that movie, rather than an animated feature.

For staying strike free for 3 years. I actually decided based on upvotes. That's a lot of love! WE'VE GOT TROUBLE Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thanks for the donation Testing the IPS 4.0 Update User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Best Newcomer 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year When you're chased by... For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! October 2014 - Sentence mix-core, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Maestro Snail   
Maestro Snail

I saw District 9 with a friend from school, but my stomach pains that day were so bothersome, it was hard to enjoy the film.

My friend told me some later time that he too felt sick that day, but I am pretty certain that was only a coincidence.

When I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, the 3D effect bugged up near the end.

I personally didn't find it too big an issue, but I noticed the picture went blurry after a while.

This post is copied from the OTL ::

How to Train Your Dragon 2 had its theatrical run earlier this month. I intended to watch it with its original English-language voice cast on premiere date. My mother, my older sister and I find out seats, the movie starts playing, everything seems fine and dandy and I'm feeling pumped. Then--suddenly--Alexander fucking Rybak's voice comes on. Instantly realizing we were about to be shown the Norwegian-language dub instead, my sister stood up and walked us out of the hall. A trio of boys and a mother & daughter followed suit. Both the cinema programme as well as our very tickets specified we were in for the "original audio" version. We addressed this with some employees, and this one guy, I don't know what he's formally in charge of, explained a mistake had happened, meaning the film's distributor had not sent the proper sound files to begin with. We were given free tickets as compensation. However, I still wished to see the movie the way it was originally screened in the US. The same guy told us he would contact said distributor in order to hopefully fix the issue. As for us, we were told simply to wait and check back later.

Which I did, much to my disappointment when I looked up their updated programme online, only to be greeted with this:

KINOHUMBUG.jpg

They failed. They failed to screen the original voicetrack. They must never have received the English-language sound files.

So my best bet is waiting until it's out on DVD, I guess?

And why they advertised the sequel with such a bizarre screenshot from the first movie, is beyond me...

Mmmmmm For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

AGSMA   
AGSMA

Snails' post reminds me, I really don't get the deal of not showing animated films with it's original dub, and they have no excuse for not showing them. With more people tending to use english on their daily routine, why doing such movement? So that people wait for the DVD to come out? Because it's hard for people to understand english on the big screen, despite the huge subtitles? Back in 2005 I had a great time watching Madagascar with it's original dub, with it's jokes and voice acting; there is no reason to do such thing.

appdirect   
appdirect

That's probably because they are usually aimed at kids, and some kids can't read or read very well subtitles, and the cinemas don't want to waste space by showing a kids film in it's original language for a limited audience.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.