EmmBee

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

10,815 replies to this topic

Whelt

The Squid Sisters are really J-Poppy, and I don't care for it all that much. I hope there isn't too much focus on them. Splatoon music has a lot more to offer than that.

Off the Hook is better, anyway:

As for other songs I'd like to see, there's some more, I'll spoiler to try not to break the internet

Squid metal:

Spoiler

Ominous hillbilly cello:

Spoiler

And some Burpstep:

Spoiler

Those are only a few... I love a lot of the music in these games.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
User with Funniest Avatars 2015
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015
Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

2xdinosaurs

Are you talkin' shit on my pop princesses, Whelt? You wanna take this outside?

But in all seriousness I hope we get a healthy mix of Splatoon tracks. I haven't formally played 2 yet but I love the soundtrack.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For getting all the standard ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus sometimes pizza times it sometimes it sometimes it sometimes pizza times pizza So many pictures, so little wall space. This'll make a GREAT omelette! It is written, only Link can defeat Ganon SCRAP METAL! Look at this trophy, that you just won! For getting 20 awards Best Artist 2017

Favorite Staff Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Mmm... spare change? spare change ma'am? PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! bubble gum and taffy EYELASHES! i like you too millhouse (but not in that way) For service! For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For staying strike free for 3 years. For collecting all the bronze cards Best Artist 2016
Friendliest User 2017 For having a blog featured Participated in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For winning the Holiday Art Contest 2015 For coming in 3rd in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Thanks for the donation For staying strike free for 1 year.

Whelt

Pearl, Marina, literally everyone else >>>>>>>>>>> Squid Sisters fite me

Ok Callie isn't that bad, I just think they're both super overrated.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
User with Funniest Avatars 2015
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015
Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

WALLMAN

I've been calling the Splatoon soundtracks "Drownstep" because of the vocals, though I like the Chirpy Chirps' mix of rock and chiptune.

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

HassanLechkar

Just found this thread post on SmashBoards.com which jokes around how some of K. Rool's minions would react if he got in the game.

Then again, he still hasn't been confirmed for the game yet, but I'm pretty sure he is one of the only eligible characters left to fill the Smash roster, second only to Dixie Kong.

YES! For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the Spooky Poop Contest 2017 For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Jan 2017 Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

SharkhamAsylum

I'm hoping that if we get a new Donkey Kong stage, we get Frantic Factory, K. Rool's Keep, or at least some other locale than "jungle" so we can dip into more of the franchise's diverse soundtrack—a more industrial stage could bring in the various factory themes, cave themes, boss themes, and maybe even Mine Cart or cave music. It's a whole separate sonic side of Donkey Kong.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Member with Funniest Posts 2018 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

The Pope

I mean to play devil's advocate, Jungle Japes is a river, as is Kongo Falls and Rumble Falls. 75M is unique, but it's also...awful. Honestly I feel like copying the original Donkey Kong stage would've worked better, because at least then you've have more stable platforms and it wouldn't be an utter disaster (just have no walls on the sides so players can get knocked out). Kongo Jungle 64 and Jungle Hijinks are really the only "just jungle" stages so if anything we should be like "let's get rid of river stages" (though all those river stages are also in the jungle, so...yeah).

Regardless, yes, we could use a non-jungle DK level. So far we've been confirmed to see the return of Kongo Falls, Jungle Japes and 75M (ugh).

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Deaniac

People give 75m flack, but as far as throwback 8-bit era stages go, Mario Bros. is arguably worse. 

The wobbly ass floating platforms make jumping more frustrating and God forbid you get hit by a Koopa shell or else you'll be sliding around like it's the fucking Ice Capades.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

The Pope

I mean, they're both awful. It's like choosing between getting your balls waxed and your nipples ripped off.

Honestly it's hard to debate which had worst stages, Brawl or 4. I think percentage-wise Brawl has more new stages that aren't bad compared to 4 (at least if we're going by Wii U; 3DS had some alright stages). 4 Wii U has a lot more stages with hazards that will actively kill you, but the stage design itself is generally okay (minus Great Cave Offensive and Palutena's Temple). Brawl doesn't have as many stage hazards, but the stage design of its bad stages is absolutely abominable between Mario Bros, 75M and Hanenbow (which to this day is the worst stage ever made in my humble opinion).

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

KingHeavy

Mario Bros. could have been a fun stage if you could jump through the platforms and if the enemies were less annoying. 75m was just a bad idea for a stage overall.

For staying strike free for 3 years. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of May 2016 For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

The Pope

I wish Smash Apps had a "stage ranker" so you could do a tier list for stages. There are some that are perfect for all forms of play, some that are fun for casual play, some that are goofy as shit but still fun, and then the ones that are so janky that you have to wonder what the the fuck Sakurai and co were thinking.

TheBlackWidow

Melee's Big Blue stage was godawful. Also Poke Floats.

A Link Between Worlds stage that change from light to dark would be good. I imagine Zelda will get a Princess Hilda color.

WALLMAN

I think 4 had the worst stages, but I could have a bias, since I played online way more on 3DS than Brawl. The top blast zones on Tortimer and Living Room were way too high, and everyone always camped the top platform on Tomodachi. Don't even get me started on Gamer, or the addition of stage bosses.

I honestly enjoyed Big Blue, and I'm lowkey hoping Poke Floats comes back in a "some men just want to watch the world burn" kind of way. Do you think the Omega form would just be a pink platform with Ditto's face in the middle?

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

Robotic

4 for sure had the worst stages, and I think in large part because they actually thought that FD and Battlefield were the only stages played competitively. The amount of random, tacked on, totally superfluous hazards added to stages that would have otherwise been fine is a testament to this.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

The Titan

My favorite stages were 75m amd Mario Bros. I know a lot of people hate them but they were so much fun. I just wished there was a Dr. Mario stage since he is my main. The guy deserves better.

TheBlackWidow
4 hours ago, The Titan said:

My favorite stages were 75m amd Mario Bros. I know a lot of people hate them but they were so much fun. I just wished there was a Dr. Mario stage since he is my main. The guy deserves better.

A Tetris type dr mario stage would be fun. One or two player rectangles where you run back and forth avoiding the blocks and stuff.