TugCoat

Your Unpopular Tastes in Movies/TV

581 replies to this topic

King D. Supersepiroth

I say that The Longest Yard (2005) is an example of what a really good film with Adam Sandler could be in modern times.

I also believe that film was one of the last good Sandler films, if not the last good one.

It's also one of my favorite movies.

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For getting 20 awards For collecting all the bronze cards For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing A Link to the Past during the community challenge. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Organizing and completing the Harkinian League Spooky Poop 2015 For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For being a super teammate Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For having a blog entry featured. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years

AGSMA

Cars 2 is definitely the weaker movie of the two, however I do think it has some details that deserve some praise, like the action scenes and, much like any other Pixar film, the eye-candy scenery, and I do have to say that the whole conspiracy thing, while poorly made for the sake of having Mater as the title character, it had some good intentions.

It's sad that Pixar didn't turn it into an actual spy flick with human characters. It wouldn't be a masterpiece, but it definitely had more promising stuff than being a sequel to Cars. Oh well, at least the entire series could contribute for the sales of model cars, with faces on them, strangely enough.

For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

TugCoat

I thought Norbit, both Cars movies, Chicken Little, Shrek the Third, Click, and every Seltzer and Friedberg movie I've seen were all good films.

I know I'm missing some, since 50% of every movie I saw in the 2000s that I liked it turned out everyone else hated.

Also the first Dark Knight was kinda boring. I could hardly stay awake in the theater.

I liked Click too, I also like the 2nd and 3rd act of Cars but not the 1st. Don't feel like seeing Cars 2 ever again though.

And by "first Dark Knight" do you mean Batman Begins?

For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting 20 awards For getting all the standard ornaments For making da Youchew Pizza, mama-mia! Metroid Fusion 100% For staying strike free for 3 years. I actually decided based on upvotes. That's a lot of love! WE'VE GOT TROUBLE Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thanks for the donation Testing the IPS 4.0 Update User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Best Newcomer 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year When you're chased by... For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! October 2014 - Sentence mix-core, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Crazy Luigi

I'll say this is only unpopular in terms of here, but I like My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (inb4 no shit Sherlock).

Now for something that I actually still like for films, I'd say that I really do enjoy Space Jam even with some of the problems it had, whether it was due to time/retrospect (like having Shawn Bradley as a guy worthy of having his talent stolen) or stuff that the Nostalgia Critic pointed out. Might be nostalgia speaking, but I still have fun with it.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus BONES BOMBS LOCK UP THE THROTTLE For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Wads of dosh ALL THE LOOOOOVE For collecting all 4 Wonderball items. EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event!

For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments For completing Super Mario Land 1 & 2 during our community challenge event. For participating in ten successful collaborations You've reached 20 medals. This is now yours! Best Writer 2015 Friendliest User 2014
Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Writer 2017 Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Signatures 2014, Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 2nd in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For writing 15609 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Cake, etc. etc. Since it's inevitable, this is for the million that I got. I am a Writing Staff! :D

Also, you've done well for my niggaz writing this shit! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

Cornflakes

I liked Disney's version of Doug a lot more than Nick's.

And I find Batman Forever quite good even if it didn't live up to the first two films.

For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards PIZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 5 years. For collecting all the silver cards Eyelashes! Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For spending all your Chewbucks on children's card games For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Phil Collins. Oh and I like to request the Robo-Racquet award for completing 5 multi-way tennis way matches. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 100 videos Thanks for the donation! Have the fun! Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Completed Matches: 10 It's yours, my friend Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For participating in 10 successful collabs. For 5 completed matches. August 2012 - "FRED FUCKSTONE IS AT IT AGAIN!!" (Brain rape/Rape-core) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Ride

The furnace scene in Toy Story 3 is hilariously awkward. Toy Story didn't need any sequels. 

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Chewbot gives congrats for having 52 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Smartest User 2014, Smartest User 2015 Met Wasted May 2012 - "Donkey Kong Gets Laid at Least Once" (Classic) December 2011 - Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 23 videos Posting after Dopply Dramatic-ass CD-i. For WINNIN'. For playin'. See them search me, watch them rape... YOUCHEWERS ARE A SUPERIOR SPECIES<br />
<br />
YOU'RE RIDE THE CAT, INITIALS R C For lots of Chewiki service. WalrusGuy interview. For news writing.

SnoopyTheFudge

I hate the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit series. I really like Courage the Cowardly Dog, Weird Al's commercial failure of a movie called "UHF", and a show called MST3K, which has its own YouChew banner, currently in rotation: MST3KJustAForum_zps35accb03.png

Wear it with pride. For getting 90 5-star ratings For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Mmm... For participating in ten successful collabs! Top 10 Videos of Oct 2015 / Top 10 Videos of Nov 2015 The Clarence Collab 2. Completed 10 matches. For reaching this poop milestone. Submitting 100 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year. Has organized 5 successful Collabs. High-five! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For writing 11040 words worth in blog entries. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Fretless

I'm pretty sure liking Courage the Cowardly Dog and MST3K aren't unpopular opinions at all.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!

Raquesis776

I'm with whoever said they didn't like Inception, I found it really boring and unimaginitive.

Fretless

I'm with whoever said they didn't like Inception, I found it really boring and unimaginitive.

That would be me. Funny thing is, I saw it with my parents, and we all hated it, and the only reason we didn't leave is because each of us thought "I hate this, but I can't leave, those two are enjoying it."

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!

精武

I think For a Few Dollars More is the best of the Man With No Name trilogy.

Oh, and I think Vampire's Kiss is a legitimately good(albeit bizarre) film.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 138 days before it was shut down

Robotic

Watchmen is a pretty mediocre film.

I'm not really sure how unpopular this is anymore, because I thought everyone hated it, but now I feel like everyone loves it.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Raquesis776

That would be me. Funny thing is, I saw it with my parents, and we all hated it, and the only reason we didn't leave is because each of us thought "I hate this, but I can't leave, those two are enjoying it."

I was in school when it came out, and we ended up watching it for English class. The teacher had us write whether we thought the end was a dream or not.  :roll:

Nozdordomu

Watchmen is a pretty mediocre film.

I'm not really sure how unpopular this is anymore, because I thought everyone hated it, but now I feel like everyone loves it.

I was wondering if I should include that. I don't care for it, either, and Zack Snyder is one of the most overrated directors working today.

For getting 20 awards For being a part of the Recommended Poops of November 2017 For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

Ride

Continuing on the topic of Pixar movies, I think Up gets too much praise. Ellie's death isn't that sad if you're older than ten and Carl's story would have been a lot more interesting without the wacky talking animals. Though at the same time I get it, it's a kid's movie. I guess more than anything I'm annoyed at people who try to elevate it to some kind of medium-transcending level just because someone dies in it. 

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Chewbot gives congrats for having 52 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Smartest User 2014, Smartest User 2015 Met Wasted May 2012 - "Donkey Kong Gets Laid at Least Once" (Classic) December 2011 - Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 23 videos Posting after Dopply Dramatic-ass CD-i. For WINNIN'. For playin'. See them search me, watch them rape... YOUCHEWERS ARE A SUPERIOR SPECIES<br />
<br />
YOU'RE RIDE THE CAT, INITIALS R C For lots of Chewiki service. WalrusGuy interview. For news writing.

kodywells

i liked the inspector gadget movie.

i think nostalgia critic knows who i am and tries to crush my love for my movies

Meeting theadventuretimefan Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Whelt

Continuing on the topic of Pixar movies, I think Up gets too much praise. Ellie's death isn't that sad if you're older than ten and Carl's story would have been a lot more interesting without the wacky talking animals. Though at the same time I get it, it's a kid's movie. I guess more than anything I'm annoyed at people who try to elevate it to some kind of medium-transcending level just because someone dies in it.

About a year ago I mentioned how I don't particularly like Up, but I had a hard time explaining myself. I dunno. I think it just feels too forced. There's too much attempt at making you sad and not enough actual interesting story. And yeah, I found it hard to feel for a character whose life story was told in like a minute.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

thapoint09

I thought Norbit, both Cars movies, Chicken Little, Shrek the Third, Click, and every Seltzer and Friedberg movie I've seen were all good films.

I know I'm missing some, since 50% of every movie I saw in the 2000s that I liked it turned out everyone else hated.

Also the first Dark Knight was kinda boring. I could hardly stay awake in the theater.

I liked Click too, I also like the 2nd and 3rd act of Cars but not the 1st. Don't feel like seeing Cars 2 ever again though.

And by "first Dark Knight" do you mean Batman Begins?

I mean The Dark Knight.

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. August 2014 - "Lady Ski Conquers Compton" (Sentence mix-core) Best Musician 2014, Best Musician 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos September 2013 - Overall, Regular

RedLuigi

I think The Fifth Element is fucking awful. It's not funny and it's certainly not a good sci-fi flick.

Aliens is incredibly boring and cliche and shat on what made the first movie so good. There were elements of it that I liked but the action movie route was a really poor choice.

I like Peter Jackson's take on The Hobbit. The love triangle was stupid and the references to Aragorn and Gimli were lame but I still liked all the extra stuff. It was only a trilogy due to corporate meddling so Peter had to work with what had, and I think the end result was pretty good. Definitely doesn't hold a candle to the original trilogy though.

Okay, this one's a big one: I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with Kevin James. I watched a lot of King of Queens when I was younger (it came on before Friends, and then The Simpsons after that) so maybe it's just nostalgia messing with me, but I remember thinking he was really funny on it and he had really good line delivery. I also remember watching one of his stand-up specials on Comedy Central and thinking he was funny in that too.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For Ohayocon! Ohaaaaaayo! *Robotnik music* You've GOT a little penis... Strrrriiiike free. For Lucky Lottery.

Raquesis776

I think The Fifth Element is fucking awful. It's not funny and it's certainly not a good sci-fi flick.

Aliens is incredibly boring and cliche and shat on what made the first movie so good. There were elements of it that I liked but the action movie route was a really poor choice.

I like Peter Jackson's take on The Hobbit. The love triangle was stupid and the references to Aragorn and Gimli were lame but I still liked all the extra stuff. It was only a trilogy due to corporate meddling so Peter had to work with what had, and I think the end result was pretty good. Definitely doesn't hold a candle to the original trilogy though.

Okay, this one's a big one: I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with Kevin James. I watched a lot of King of Queens when I was younger (it came on before Friends, and then The Simpsons after that) so maybe it's just nostalgia messing with me, but I remember thinking he was really funny on it and he had really good line delivery. I also remember watching one of his stand-up specials on Comedy Central and thinking he was funny in that too.

Kevin James is waaay better than his recent movies depict him as. You are on point in remembering his good comedic timing.  Unfortunately, all he's done lately are "awkward" jokes and standard slapstick. He doesn't deserve to be a punchline like that, imo