The Pope

Fox's Marvel Movies: The New Mutants Edition

348 replies to this topic

Nozdordomu

Considering the director's on-set antics, I'm actually surprised it got finished at all.

For getting 20 awards For being a part of the Recommended Poops of November 2017 For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

AGSMA

I find amusing how the effects artists never bothered to give any kind of clothing to Thing, not even a speedo. I expect the character to have a really "solid" erection for comedic purposes, sometime in this film. Oh, who am I kidding, this is the personel of Fox that we're talking about.

For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

UnknownMysteryMan

Well, if there's anything good to say about Fant4stic, I guess that it's not this:

why

For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 1 year.

Buffalo

To be fair, I do think Michael Chiklis is a pretty good Ben Grimm. Chris Evans does convey Johnny Storm's energy pretty well, so I guess he was alright.

And geez those effects are outdated. It's as bad as 2002 Spider-Man in that regard.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For getting 20 awards For meeting Jintai! User with Funniest Avatars 2016 For getting all the standard ornaments For clearing Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga during our community challenge event & placing 6th in the Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For staying strike free for 3 years. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. of the DK Crew. Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos for participating in ten excellent collaborations For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For getting first place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! ChewChew Rocket! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos December 2013 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

AGSMA

I think Fantastic Four 2005's CG manages to be even worse than Spider-Man's. I remember watching the film on tv and seeing a giant close-up of Reed Richards' CG hand slowly stretching out and it's texture was nothing more than a flat shade of skin color. Spider-Man's effects were bouncy and dull but at least it was rich of texture.

At this rate Cracked is being honest about the unreleased 1994 film being the superior Fantastic Four movie.

For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

Nozdordomu

Yeah, seriously. If they wanted to make a quick, cheap movie to retain the rights to the franchise, they should have just hired Roger Corman again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_X5C6e3ZeY

At least it would've been finished on budget and time. That's the Corman touch.

For getting 20 awards For being a part of the Recommended Poops of November 2017 For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

Deaniac

It's hard to believe there used to be a time and place where superhero movies looked like...THAT. Also who the hell is New Horizons lol

No matter how you feel about their movies nowadays, Marvel has definitely been through some shit.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

The Pope

While he looks fucking goofy, it is nice to have characters not be in black leather for once and for them to not just be fighting Magneto or racist humans for once.

Still, unless they somehow get a dynamite cast to match James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender (who themselves probably don't want to do these movies for too long), the clock is ticking on how long they can stretch the X-Men license with a Gambit movie and another Wolverine solo movie. Of course, Fantastic Four's clock has about another month before it expires.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Deaniac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-8w4Sv50zE

Hah.

That last line in particular got a good chuckle out of me.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

The Pope

Still no reviews yet; Fox hasn't pre-screened it. That's never a good sign.

So will this be mediocrely bad, or catastrophically, legendarily bad?

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

MAZZ0Murder

The trailer is good in the way it shows Reed as a genius as a child...but it just starts to feel like the first movie. Reed wants to FIX HIS FRIENDS...at least Doom isn't connected to them like the other first one...but I can't say I have high hopes for it yet. and all the ads for it are just annoying me.

But Fox seems to be into rebooting series that were made within the last decade!

Looking at Rotten Tomatoes, the original has a rating of 27% (critics) and 46% (audience)...so I wonder if it'll be as bad as that!

Though for the new one there is a 97% of people who want to see it.

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

Buffalo

And no one is surprised, although I had the slightest glimmer of hope that it would at least be a *little* bit good. Interesting that the average rating is all the way up at 6/10, though. But... 32 on Metacritic, ew...

If Fox has any sense in them (assuming it's a financial disappointment, which is likely), they'll cancel the sequel and bring Apes 3's release back up. I can dream.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For getting 20 awards For meeting Jintai! User with Funniest Avatars 2016 For getting all the standard ornaments For clearing Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga during our community challenge event & placing 6th in the Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For staying strike free for 3 years. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. of the DK Crew. Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos for participating in ten excellent collaborations For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For getting first place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! ChewChew Rocket! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos December 2013 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

The Pope

It's only 5 reviews so far, but yeah, not surprised in the slightest.

My guess is it'll simmer at around 30%.

Nozdordomu

Actually, I think The Incredibles is the best Fantastic Four movie we're ever going to get.

Best Writer 2016 

Deaniac

Actually, I think The Incredibles is the best Fantastic Four movie we're ever going to get.

appdirect

The idea of super heroes having normal lives was introduced with the Fantastic 4, but many superhero movies have done that so making another F4 movies seems pointless.

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

BradDLC

The more I see of this movie, the less I actually want to see it. The Roger Corman version looks like a better adaptation, for fuck's sake.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year November 2012 - Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core

The Pope

It's pretty telling that of all the clips I've seen in commercials and trailers, they're all from the exact same scenes. Plus the fact that all the characters speak with a bland, disinterested tone doesn't help things.