• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
spacman191

Songs You Like From Musicians You Dislike

51 replies to this topic

UnknownMysteryMan   
UnknownMysteryMan

Well, dislike isn't exactly the word, but I don't see why you'd listen to these guys when you could just listen to Alice in Chains. Regardless, this song still kicks ass.

For staying strike free for 1 year.

thapoint09   
thapoint09

I'm personally not into Drake, but Summer Sixteen is decent.

So of course it's been wiped from everywhere except Spotify.

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. August 2014 - "Lady Ski Conquers Compton" (Sentence mix-core) Best Musician 2014, Best Musician 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos September 2013 - Overall, Regular

RGS   
RGS
On 6/5/2016 at 10:48 PM, thapoint09 said:

I'm personally not into Drake, but Summer Sixteen is decent.

So of course it's been wiped from everywhere except Spotify.

That's basically every Drake song recently

Sorry if my response seems late.

For the work you've done on the review of Kanye West's The Life of Pablo. For staying strike free for 1 year. For getting 20 awards For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the silver cards Best Newcomer 2016 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Sentence mix-core) Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For having a blog featured For the Cool Cat Saves the Kids Collab, great job! Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For getting all the standard ornaments An Avid Collaborator is YOU! For participating in 10 successful collaborations. For going above and beyond with the Gamers Collab! For the Gamers Collab--CONGRATULAAAAATIONS! Spooky Poop 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Crazy Luigi   
Crazy Luigi

You know, this might be surprising for me say this, but Beyonce's latest album called Lemonade could honestly count for me here, save for one, maybe two tracks at hand. Seriously, if she had more performances like what most of this album has instead of songs like Irreplaceable or Diva or especially 7/11 (which came out last year, I might add), then maybe I could say I would potentially be a fan of hers. Even then, I'm honestly having a tough time deciding whether I should put this in my best albums list (and if so, where). Here's one of the better tracks from that album... even though this version isn't on the official album.

BONES BOMBS LOCK UP THE THROTTLE For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Wads of dosh ALL THE LOOOOOVE For collecting all 4 Wonderball items. EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event!

For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments For completing Super Mario Land 1 & 2 during our community challenge event. For participating in ten successful collaborations You've reached 20 medals. This is now yours! Best Writer 2015 Friendliest User 2014
Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Writer 2017 Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Signatures 2014, Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 2nd in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For writing 15609 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Cake, etc. etc. Since it's inevitable, this is for the million that I got. I am a Writing Staff! :D

Also, you've done well for my niggaz writing this shit! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

Nozdordomu   
Nozdordomu

I am not a Coldplay fan by any means, but I thought Viva La Vida was surprisingly good for them. I really like these two songs in particular:

And the second one got even better when Frank Ocean covered it.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

Maq   
Maq

Speaking of Smash Mouth, I like this song a lot, though it's a cover.

It's got a nice ska feel to it.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

Crazy Luigi   
Crazy Luigi

There's this rapper named Lil Peep (seriously) that has this rather strange mixture of rap with emo/screamo kind of shit. Honestly, my description doesn't do much justice for it, mainly because his style of rap really is something I haven't really heard of (much) before. All I can say about it is this: you know how people take the shit out on the nu-metal genre and certain bands on it for sounding like this, even though I personally disagree with most of those notions? You could put some of those same complaints against Lil Peep, and I won't bat a single eye against it. That's what Lil Peep sounds like to me. That said, I have found about two songs that I do genuinely like, surprisingly enough.

The first song here really is more of a simple song where, while it does follow some of the same, typical shit that Lil Peep usually says in his songs, it does feel a bit more light-headed and genuine to the point where I could appreciate it as a whole, especially in terms of the instrumentation here. As for the second song, it actually is a more sobering track where I can understand the kind of pain that Lil Peep would probably feel in this particular song (in spite of a couple of sloppily worded lyrics). The thing you might notice is that these two particular tracks sound close to nothing that I've described here. Well, all I can say is that the Hellboy mixtape he did last year was something that might be kept in mind as to why I'm not really a fan of him, to say the least...

BONES BOMBS LOCK UP THE THROTTLE For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Wads of dosh ALL THE LOOOOOVE For collecting all 4 Wonderball items. EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event!

For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments For completing Super Mario Land 1 & 2 during our community challenge event. For participating in ten successful collaborations You've reached 20 medals. This is now yours! Best Writer 2015 Friendliest User 2014
Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016
Best Writer 2017 Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Signatures 2014, Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 2nd in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For writing 15609 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Cake, etc. etc. Since it's inevitable, this is for the million that I got. I am a Writing Staff! :D

Also, you've done well for my niggaz writing this shit! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

Jacques   
Jacques

I can't stand these assholes but this jam is actually intense

For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years March 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years GOOD BOY.

HomerAlltheWay   
HomerAlltheWay

I'm not into Passenger, but his latest album is his only good album. But aside from that, here's a song that I tend to like from him.

MY CAKES WILL BURN! BREAKAWAY BUMPKIN! For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

fishtitan   
fishtitan

I think the Beatles are overrated, but I kinda like Taxman, Imagine, Let It Be, and Money Can't Buy Me Love. 

Best Newcomer 2017 For being part of the Recommended Poops of March 2017 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017

Crazy Luigi   
Crazy Luigi

I honestly don't hate the guy. Just find him rather generic at best. That being said, this song was definitely something I can enjoy quite a bit (to the point where I think it'd be in my Top 10 Hit Songs of 2017 list if I make a video on that kind of thing somewhere), and it does help that he's actually rather genuine in having his city's back, considering that he does give back to his home state of Michigan. That I can readily respect, even if I only have a few other songs besides this one that I find alright from him (including Holy Key, which was a collaboration track on DJ Khaled's Major Key album).

Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016

NitroEdits   
NitroEdits

I'm not one for Rick Ross, but his newest album was a big surprise. The beats on this thing are golden. And Rick seemed to have found his groove. Good shit.

User with Coolest Avatars 2017 For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016_2 For having a YouTube Poop being a part of our latest Recommended YouTube Poops listing. (June 2016) Top 10 Videos of Apr 2016 (Sentence mix-core) For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Lady☣Venom   
Lady☣Venom

Pretty indifferent to the Bare Naked Ladies and their music, but I've always enjoyed this tune. I guess because it reminds me of humble beginnings in my family.

For getting 20 awards Have some water of life! User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 That's a lot of love! EYELASHES For staying warn free for 9 years For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! User with Funniest Signatures 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016 Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For getting in the Bronze donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years October 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

RGS   
RGS
21 hours ago, NitroEdits said:

I'm not one for Rick Ross, but his newest album was a big surprise. The beats on this thing are golden. And Rick seemed to have found his groove. Good shit.

Completely agree. Is it perfect? No, but it's still a pretty good album that caught me off-guard. Very underrated.

For the work you've done on the review of Kanye West's The Life of Pablo. For staying strike free for 1 year. For getting 20 awards For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the silver cards Best Newcomer 2016 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Sentence mix-core) Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For having a blog featured For the Cool Cat Saves the Kids Collab, great job! Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For getting all the standard ornaments An Avid Collaborator is YOU! For participating in 10 successful collaborations. For going above and beyond with the Gamers Collab! For the Gamers Collab--CONGRATULAAAAATIONS! Spooky Poop 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

HomerAlltheWay   
HomerAlltheWay

I think the band All Time Low is trash, but this is actually really good.

MY CAKES WILL BURN! BREAKAWAY BUMPKIN! For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Crazy Luigi   
Crazy Luigi

Honestly, I've tried my best to not only get into XXXTentacion's music, but also like it in general, but I just can't. I mean, I like the idea of what he does in trying out different styles (never sticking to one particular subsection, but instead going for variations of genres and getting the audience to like your songs with the different genres in question), but more often than not, his problem just seems to be self-sabotage than anything else. Granted, his most popular song "Look At Me" with that beat sampled from Mala's Changes might not have been the best introduction to his work with his compressed voice, but most of the songs that I listened to having him as a main artist had him do some rather stupid decisions with his songs. Whether it's that awfully compressed guitar (and surprising lack of lyrics after the first minute) for #ImSippinTeaInYoHood, the horribly done autotune on his song Looking For A Star with Diplo, the strange cutoff on I Don't Wanna Do This Anymore (which I should note I would have probably liked otherwise), or even the fact that some songs run on longer than they should have otherwise, it always feels like he does some rather stupid decisions on his songs that ruins most of them for me. Even some of the songs that he's on where I kind of like them, like I Wonder If Bloods Watch Blue's Clues with Craig Xen or Gospel with Rich Chigga and Keith Ape, I kind of find him to be the weakest link in them. However, I'd be lying if I said there were no songs of his I enjoyed.

Honestly, this one genuinely surprised me with how good it all was! I already mentioned it a bit earlier today in the "What Music Am I Listening To?" thread, but I have to admit, the right things were done here for once. Not only does XXXTentacion actually sound pretty good on this track (lyrics and all), but the beat's genuinely great in its own right and even the guests aren't too bad themselves.

Personally, I actually like this a lot more than I probably should, especially considering the cover for the song in question involves an actual suicide note. At the same time, though, it does provide some emotional maturity for the guy and showcases his range as an artist quite well, at least in part due to the topic the song has here. So maybe he might actually grow as an artist to a point where I can actually like the guy's music later on? I don't know, but what I do know is I might keep a further eye out on him if he releases more tracks like these at some point in the near future.

Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016

HeyItsAR   
HeyItsAR

I've come to very much dislike The Chainsmokers. Many of their songs range from either strongly mediocre to just plain awful, and their newest album is just flat out terrible in my opinion. However, I've always been particularly fond of this song.

For being a part of the Recommended Poops of June 2017