• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
spacman191

Songs You Like From Musicians You Dislike

51 replies to this topic

EditsOfGreatBritain   
EditsOfGreatBritain

Hoodwinker - Enter Shikari

I can't stand the band but this song is great, it's got a very good breakdown that doesn't sound like a chugga choo choo train and it reminds me of Mastodon a bit aswell.

On 3/31/2017 at 9:54 PM, HomerAlltheWay said:

I think the band All Time Low is trash, but this is actually really good.

I find it ironic how I like this song too and don't like their pop punk stuff but all their fans think vice versa.

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Brain rape/Rape-core) / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Classic) Top 10 Videos of May 2017 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year.

Crazy Luigi   
Crazy Luigi

Well I was going to post Calvin Harris' Slide with Frank Ocean and Migos (for talking about Migos in particular), but stupid Calvin Harris apparently doesn't think that song in particular needs a music video out at this time! So instead, I might as well talk about an artist that particularly surprised me in terms of how good the song was...

Of course, it's not a perfect song from Shawn Mendes (the main melody could be a bit heavier and there's that line about picturing everybody naked), but damn it, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have this song caught in my head lately! Likely won't be a Top 10 song (at least in terms of Billboard 100 songs), but I wouldn't be surprised to see it be named for honorable mentions by the end of the year.

BONES BOMBS LOCK UP THE THROTTLE For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Wads of dosh ALL THE LOOOOOVE For collecting all 4 Wonderball items. EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event!

For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments For completing Super Mario Land 1 & 2 during our community challenge event. For participating in ten successful collaborations You've reached 20 medals. This is now yours! Best Writer 2015 Friendliest User 2014
Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Writer 2017 Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Signatures 2014, Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 2nd in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For writing 15609 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Cake, etc. etc. Since it's inevitable, this is for the million that I got. I am a Writing Staff! :D

Also, you've done well for my niggaz writing this shit! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

HomerAlltheWay   
HomerAlltheWay

I was never a fan of Anastacia's music, but there are 2 songs from her that tend to like from her. Especially this one:

MY CAKES WILL BURN! BREAKAWAY BUMPKIN! For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

RCLeahcar   
RCLeahcar

My brother introduced me to this song. I'm not a big R&B fan, and I don't normally like the type of music Childish Gambino makes, but this is pretty good.

bubble gum and taffy For collecting all 45 unique candy hearts during the Youchew Valentines 2017 event! EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! For staying strike free for 3 years. You guessed Ravin's mood! Congrats! User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
Friendliest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

HomerAlltheWay   
HomerAlltheWay

His best song to this date.

MY CAKES WILL BURN! BREAKAWAY BUMPKIN! For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

TheVArious7   
TheVArious7

I was never a big 1D fan. But, man I always sing along to this song. 

For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Crazy Luigi   
Crazy Luigi
On 6/29/2017 at 8:53 AM, Crazy Luigi said:

Well I was going to post Calvin Harris' Slide with Frank Ocean and Migos (for talking about Migos in particular), but stupid Calvin Harris apparently doesn't think that song in particular needs a music video out at this time!

Wait a minute, past me! It might not be an official music video, but now you at least have the full audio to give out here instead of that snippet involving only Frank Ocean and his chorus.

Yeah, as I was going to talk about with Migos in particular earlier, I just find them incredibly stupid, even in regards to certain mainstream rap artists. If you don't believe me, look up their songs Versace and Hannah Montana as particularly egregious examples on how asinine their shit is. To a lesser extent, I can also say that Calvin Harris never really wowed me before, although I can tolerate him a lot more than Migos, especially this year. However, maybe it's because of Frank Ocean's magic that he's had since his Odd Future days, or maybe it's because of Calvin Harris actually stepping his game up for once, but I actually find Migos not so bad for once! Yeah, I'm honestly surprised at how I don't hate this group on this song in particular. Any stupidity that might have been had from Migos was kept to a minimum and might have actually helped out with Frank Ocean's parts of the song in particular. Combine that with Calvin Harris providing a very cheery beat that kind of felt needed for a song like this, and I can say this is one song from the group I don't mind coming back to every now and then.

BONES BOMBS LOCK UP THE THROTTLE For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Wads of dosh ALL THE LOOOOOVE For collecting all 4 Wonderball items. EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event!

For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments For completing Super Mario Land 1 & 2 during our community challenge event. For participating in ten successful collaborations You've reached 20 medals. This is now yours! Best Writer 2015 Friendliest User 2014
Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016
Best Writer 2017 Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Signatures 2014, Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 2nd in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For writing 15609 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Cake, etc. etc. Since it's inevitable, this is for the million that I got. I am a Writing Staff! :D

Also, you've done well for my niggaz writing this shit! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

thapoint09   
thapoint09

Since when do you need a music video to be out to post a song? Just post the audio.

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. August 2014 - "Lady Ski Conquers Compton" (Sentence mix-core) Best Musician 2014, Best Musician 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos September 2013 - Overall, Regular

Crazy Luigi   
Crazy Luigi
7 hours ago, thapoint09 said:

Since when do you need a music video to be out to post a song? Just post the audio.

First of all, I was joking about the past comment of mine! Second of all, at the time of the previous comment, the only thing I could find in regards to that song in question was a 90 second snippet of the opening to Slide, which only had Calvin Harris' rather surprisingly interesting music and Frank Ocean's chorus. Of course, the funny thing is that now that I mentioned it to you, the snippet that used to be so prevalent on YouTube suddenly disappeared without a trace here, thus making this bit awkward...

Oh well, have a song from an artist I previously mentioned in the last page as pittance.

Believe it or not, I did listen through this album in the past... twice. Kind of wanted to check if the guy actually improved himself on this album. I guess he did, but any improvements from his past work are only minimal at best. There are still the same problems with the majority of his tracks there, and a few songs on this project sound unfinished (Depression & Obsession is a 2:26 long song that has only an eight line stanza with the rest of the song ending in vocal croonings similar to (Garrett's) Revenge on this album, which almost makes you wonder which song he did first) or in desperate need of reworking (Fuck Love and the pretentious sounding Everybody Dies In Their Nightmares). Jocelyn Flores, however, works surprisingly well for what it does here, which is going through a mind of someone that saw a friend of theirs commit suicide. While the song is unfortunately only at two minutes of length, I can admit it would be a perfect setup for what XXXtentacion is trying to do here on 17. The uncredited (sampled) bits from Shiloh Dynasty also help the song out, and I admit I would like to hear more full-length songs from Shiloh Dynasty moving forward.

Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016