• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
Dark Fox

League of Legends

242 replies to this topic

Vir   
Vir

I fought against post-rework Fiora for the first time on Friday as Jax; not pretty. She did so much damage that it was near impossible for me to farm, so she snowballed easily and destroyed us. Looking at her statistics, she's now broken enough to counter other popular top champs including Garen, Irelia, even freaking Riven, making her only real counter Tryndamere, and I didn't stand a chance against her anyway because Jax's win rate against Fiora is less than 42%. In her lane she has the third highest win rate and the fourth highest ban rate. This is why.

I'M A SUGAR DADDY That's a lot of love! It's a little itchy. For collecting all the bronze cards User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Dark Fox   
Dark Fox

Fiora is a top-lane god right now. You have to work around her shizz, and diving her is suicide. Fiora truly plays like a duelist in the neutral, but it's not impossible to get ahead.

For introducing TomServo3 to the forum That's a lot of love! For obtaining 50 awards. Anime is shit I'm good at spreading love. but he's a creep and he chipped one of my permanent teeth! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For service! For meeting Benedetto! For being a part of at least one Recommended YouTube Poops article, primarily the September & October 2014 one. For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. We've got to have MONEY! Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thank you very much for your donations. For clearing Sonic 2 during the community challenge event. First place in the Super Smash Smackdown³! 3DS singles He's the leader of the bunch For your interview with Captpan6. For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards October 2014 - "oh yeah mama luigi" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Tiny tennis rackets! Tiny tennis rackets! Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
User with Coolest Signatures 2015
Most Likely to Rule the World 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 Best Newcomer 2014 April 2014 - Overall, Regular, Brain rape/Rape-core For having a blog entry featured. For writing 10032 words worth in blog entries. Anarchy Collab Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Getting 2nd in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest MMMMMMMMMMMM Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

SlushBasedCupcakes   
SlushBasedCupcakes

Remember the whole sky joke about FIORA USELESS NO CC
Well now she has a little bit of everything, I think 6 shit shoved into her kit.

True damage when hitting Vitals. Insane Movespeed that can catch up to the likes of sivir during her R. A spell that ignores everything during the entire animation of her parry. Dashes that can go through walls. A slow in her autos. And if she kills whoever she used her R on, a gigantic field that heals anyone standing in it.

Did I mention true damage? I don't think even tanky as fugg characters like Malph Shen or Gnar can do to well against a good Fiora.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tW3Xd2lnEw#t=9m30s

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Vir   
Vir

As I've said before I usually end up playing with Yis who are assholes or DC'ers, but in a recent match I've had one on my team who was either a troll or completely brain-dead because he tried to bot lane instead of jungling, bought a Runaan's Hurricane and two Infinity Edges, apparently unable to read that the former is for ranged champions and the latter's passive can't stack with itself, but still managed to get 9 kills, which was the second-most behind our Riven. It was like watching a shitpost play.

I'M A SUGAR DADDY That's a lot of love! It's a little itchy. For collecting all the bronze cards User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Dark Fox   
Dark Fox

Slush I'm fucking salty right now about having to play against Plats/Diamonds top and getting no help from your Ez friend, win or no win.

In lighter biz, I've reached character level 5 with Leona, and I started working with Tryn. I don't seem to have a problem against players at my level due to how braindead easy he is, and if I get ahead at all, snowballing becomes a breeze. The detection on his W is absolute shit though.

Also, while I was playing with Vir today, I Taric supp'd an Ashe, 2v5'd the enemy team mid, and gave her a penta. Only reason I was playing Taric was because a friend of a friend gifted me Armor of the Fifth Age Taric, so making that penta happen as Pink Gemboy was truly outrageous.

For introducing TomServo3 to the forum That's a lot of love! For obtaining 50 awards. Anime is shit I'm good at spreading love. but he's a creep and he chipped one of my permanent teeth! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For service! For meeting Benedetto! For being a part of at least one Recommended YouTube Poops article, primarily the September & October 2014 one. For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. We've got to have MONEY! Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thank you very much for your donations. For clearing Sonic 2 during the community challenge event. First place in the Super Smash Smackdown³! 3DS singles He's the leader of the bunch For your interview with Captpan6. For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards October 2014 - "oh yeah mama luigi" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Tiny tennis rackets! Tiny tennis rackets! Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
Most Helpful Member 2017 Best Newcomer 2014 April 2014 - Overall, Regular, Brain rape/Rape-core For having a blog entry featured. For writing 10032 words worth in blog entries. Anarchy Collab Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Getting 2nd in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest MMMMMMMMMMMM Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

SlushBasedCupcakes   
SlushBasedCupcakes

Get used to Yis everywhere, the skin is out.

Also yeah he's not much of a ganking jungler regardless. He wants to farm all day till he can try to carry, which isn't a good thing to do since S3 in Meteos fashion. But at the same time, he plays janky junglers like ezreal. Even if he ganked he'd prolly end up dying and giving fiora more kills due to 0 cc. His runes/masteries are usually questionable too.

His best janky jungler is prolly lulu and tahm, but lulu he goes attack speed on-hit. Those're only good cause they have cc otherwise.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Vir   
Vir

Bot feels like an absolute joke to me now. I've had several good recent matches as Lissandra in mid, but if I even consider playing ADC or support everything falls to shit; first I played Tristana with Thresh, the enemy was Yi and Braum and together they were impossible to lock down. Second it was Tristana and Caitlyn against Blitzcrank and Lux and if the former didn't Rocket Grab me into the fucking turret I'd get killed by the latter's Q or ult, and the Olaf on our team barking orders exacerbated the issue. Third I played Lissandra against Fiora, only got 3 kills before the enemy surrendered. Recently, I played Lulu with an almost completely useless Vayne whose only runes were a tier 3 AP and AD quintessence, and the enemy is Miss Fortune and, once again, Blitzcrank. If I even came remotely within range, I would get Rocket Grabbed and immediately filled with holes.

Really, Blitzcrank's kit is more or less designed specifically to piss you off; his Q is a pull that unlike Amumu, Nautilus and Thresh's Qs pulls his target toward him without pulling him toward them, his E is a launch, his ult is a more obnoxious version of Kennen's ult, and even though he's a tank, if he's ever near death his passive will shield him and he'll use the speed boost from his W to get away if the jungler doesn't get to him first.

Buffalo   
Buffalo

Blitzcrank and Lux

These are probably the two champions that make me rage more than anyone else in the game. Man, talk about a combo I'd never be able to play against.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For getting 20 awards For meeting Jintai! User with Funniest Avatars 2016 For getting all the standard ornaments For clearing Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga during our community challenge event & placing 6th in the Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For staying strike free for 3 years. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. of the DK Crew. Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos for participating in ten excellent collaborations For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For getting first place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! ChewChew Rocket! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos December 2013 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Life   
Life

is there a newcomer guide to this stuff? I played League very briefly earlier this year with a friend--about ten intermediate bot games and a handful of actual opponent games--and I still don't understand much outside of the controls. There's a lot of things to keep track of and it seems a lot of preknowledge required (what lane I should pick, what all the champions do, etc.)

For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 3 years. For participating in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament! Know what I mean? Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For beating Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For finishing second place during the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Given for putting on the excellent Smash Bros Smackdown online tournaments, complete with prizes. Great work, we thank you for contributing to and pulling together the community! Coming in 1st in the Super Smash Tourney: Double Trouble! for Wii Uchew Thank you so much for your patronage. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks a lot for the donation Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Dark Fox   
Dark Fox

I did a quick search online to see if there were any worthwhile guides out there so I wouldn't have to say what I'm about to say next, but there aren't, so here it is: playing the game is the only way to get better. If you're starting out with a fresh account and little to no knowledge of the meta, try to get through your first ten levels, where you'll probably be seeing two players bot, two top, and one mid. This allows you to get a feel for a few champs that happen to be free that week. At level 10, you gain access to Smite, which probably means your top lane is back to one player, and your fifth guy is going jg. At that point, I'd say it's viable for me or any of your League friends to start partying up with you; you'll be fighting tougher opponents due to the matchmaking system, but you'll learn lessons quicker this way too. Have us in a Skype or Curse call while we play and we can point you in the right direction, like who the meta characters for each lane are, and how not to dive Leona under tower.

SlushBasedCupcakes   
SlushBasedCupcakes

Do not spend IP until level 20 unless you want runes, or even until level 30 so you can buy champs you enjoyed during the time of playing for a few weeks playing free week champs.

But yeah, basically playing the game you git gud, stuff like last hitting or knowing what to build comes with slowly playing the game. Not to be rude, but it honestly sucks incredibly hard for new players getting into league. If you played back in S1-3 it'd be both much easier to get IP and level up, and the community wouldn't be as big or toxic as it is now. (basically getting yelled at for doing bad or maybe even getting reported for not building right/playing the character in the right lane) They've changed the IP gain system to be so incredibly miniscule it's almost a bad thing they did that since it makes people shy away from the game (though to be fair, once most people play league they get hooked and play so much they actually get IP they never use)

Back then you use to get close to 200-400+ ip for wins and first win of the day bonuses, but they dwindled to like 70 IP a win if you're lucky (even losses can sometimes make you earn more IP than a win) or 150+ for first win of the day due to the old refer a friend system giving free IP/RP and grey warwick/medieval twitch. They made it to where less IP and not able to play actual opponents until you hit level 5.

I will say since I've been playing since mid S1, I currently have pretty much every kind of runes that're important and some fun shit like CRIT CHANCE RUNES, while I only have 25 champs left to buy. So yeah, 5 years and still ongoing and still don't have everything, if the old IP system was still in I'd prolly be sitting pretty around 200+k ip. But that's just me.

I forgot about this but I think once you get to level 5 or 10 they give a free 250 RP I believe? It's basically so you can buy an XP or IP boost to hit level 30 faster or get champs/runes quicker, your choice so guess Rito isn't too jew.

Dark Fox   
Dark Fox

Couldn't find anything to do but League today. Tried bouncing around to Smash or CS:GO but no friends were on either. Only lost 3 out of 13 games today, too. Mostly Tryn top and WW jg, but I touched every lane at least once.

Also helped Slush get a pentakill at baron after he was forced to solo bot. Blinds players, man.

SlushBasedCupcakes   
SlushBasedCupcakes

I lock in blind pick cause 1. Who cares what you play it's for fun, now if it was rank then there's a problem and 2. I'm higher rank d/w it, you can leave me alone in lane troll Lee sin support as leona/lucian dive me 5 times once they're level 5, but I'll still eventually carry your ass anyways.

But yeah that was a silly game jokes aside.

Dark Fox   
Dark Fox

If you want to see the Kindred Champion Spotlight early, just watch any MeiAIDS video.

Also, look at this:
dd729a5e33.jpg

Wolf was in the Amumu music video.

Vir   
Vir

I might try out Mei and Gabu San Kindred, but one of their counters is Lee Sin of all people, and their ult is a mix of Bard and Tryndamere's ults that you can probably screw up in the same vein as the former since it prevents everyone in its radius from dying.

SlushBasedCupcakes   
SlushBasedCupcakes

Well, I don't really think it's that hard to fuck up the ult unless you dive into 5 enemy champs with a sliver of health while you have full health, ult while karthus is ulting and save all 5. Bout the only way you can really fuck up.

Otherwise compared to a bard ult possibly ruining the teamfight or chase cause you zhonya'd your team instead, kindred is more kind to you since all it does is prevent you from dying. So you can just press R and continue doing damage to high health enemies or use ult to save your ad/mid laner from death. Even if the enemies get into the area of it, your ad/mid that was about to die with 5 health is still gonna stay alive doing damage to the 3k health maokai and maybe even lifesteal/spellvamping during the entire thing.

Bard ult messing up is more game changing in terms of teamfights or catches than kindred

Vir   
Vir

2015-09-17_00001_zpsouizkamv.jpg

I needed this match to be a win because it would mean I'd reach 24 on my account, reach 5 on a champ for the first time, and reach enough IP to buy Shyvana, who I proceeded to do well with in the next match, but not that well considering how many times I died during my ult.

SlushBasedCupcakes   
SlushBasedCupcakes

I know not many people watch this thread, but I'm heading to a small fun tournament next weekend at a con. Hopefully my team wins to get $1000, 200 each for us.

http://battlefy.com/edge-of-the-water/edge-of-the-water-iv/55de48cab330a04900b07fca/teams

Think they have vids uploaded from last years tournament but dunno bout them having a stream. We're team 10.