fiv95

Songs you don't like, but everyone likes.

60 posts in this topic

ALTERNATIVE TITLE: POST EDM OR MAINSTREAM POP LOL

It me again makin' thread. I feel like being talkative about this kinda thing today.

What are some songs that everyone seems to like but you... aren't too interested in?

Once again, this is not to exclusively post music in the mainstream foundations of the arts known as music. It can be as obscure as you can.

This can get a little opinionated, as I said before as well, so don't get too mad at any opinions you don't agree with, and take a chill pill!

Here's the first example I can think of.

Radiohead is one of my favourite bands. I just can't get into this song, dunno why... Everyone treats it as their favourite song on the album and it pisses me off that I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like this song, and finds it to be one of the least attractive ones in the Kid A album, instead I'd pick In Limbo, what a criminally underrated song =C

Even though my musical tastes share a place with crazy IDM and stuff like Aphex Twin, Last Step, and many things that are hard to listen to, this song could be even described as unlistenable by me, by my standards, and I don't know why! It just doesn't click with me.

What are your least favourite songs that are actually praised by people?

Edited by fiv95
For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops article for December 2015 & January 2016.

and June 2017 For getting 20 awards For submitting 200 videos to the showroom User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016 For staying strike free for 3 years. For the Datamosh Collab II! Good job! Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! For completing 5 multi-way matches ! ! ! ! ! 25 (29) APPARENTLY WOAOAAOG Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 102 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 92 videos July 2014 - "Cory is a godless sodomite" (Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core) Best Tenniser 2014
Best Tenniser 2015
Best YouTube Pooper 2016
Best Musician 2016
Best Artist 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year January 2014 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos You Have Completed (at least) TEN TENnis matches. next time won't you  FIVE Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

Everyone always says this is the best song on More Songs About Buildings and Food. To me, it has an awkward rhythmic section that's really hard to groove to, and it's probably the only Talking Heads song in which David Byrne's voice just irritates me. The quasi-12-bar-blues chord progression that's used during the verses and the outro also really bothers me.
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Meeting with Mitch Posting after Dopply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs

Pretty much any song by Journey ever.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Thanks for the donation. "Oh, how I hate those meenie masters! How they make my penis turn!" -Dopply circa 2010 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 29 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 29 videos

I don't think very many people actually like Journey. 

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Meeting with Mitch Posting after Dopply

In no way does that song have an awkward rhythm section. That bass is so fluid.

For me, it's any song from 1989. I really don't know what people see in that album. That and "Mamma Mia," which I definitely wouldn't call one of ABBA's best songs.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs

Pretty much any song by Journey ever.

Good lord above, do I despise that song. And it still gets stuck in my head after I hear it. 

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos February 2013 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

I Feel Love by Donna Summer. The shit is not nearly as futuristic as everyone says it is, it's a dated mess.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. For writing 10608 words worth in blog entries. October 2012 - "Unstoppable Bottom Force" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year May 2012 - Overall, Regular, Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos

In no way does that song have an awkward rhythm section. That bass is so fluid.

Well, compare it to songs from that album that I love like "Artists Only" and "Stay Hungry." Does that help understand where I'm getting at better?

I don't know, maybe it's just not fast enough for me. 

I Feel Love by Donna Summer. The shit is not nearly as futuristic as everyone says it is, it's a dated mess.

Haha, all of Giorgio Moroder's works sound dated, but I enjoy them anyway because I'm a sucker for most electro-disco stuff. 

Master of Puppets by Metallica. It feels pretty long and dull. Also this feels pretty underweight comparing this to the other thrash metal songs at the time

Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Thank you for your contributions! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Every RHCP fan treats this as "a work of beauty" and "amazing" "best song on By the Way". I just find this song boring. I don't get all the praise for it.

Here's the first example I can think of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNqv3nHyteM

Radiohead is one of my favourite bands. I just can't get into this song, dunno why... Everyone treats it as their favourite song on the album and it pisses me off that I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like this song, and finds it to be one of the least attractive ones in the Kid A album, instead I'd pick In Limbo, what a criminally underrated song =C

Even though my musical tastes share a place with crazy IDM and stuff like Aphex Twin, Last Step, and many things that are hard to listen to, this song could be even described as unlistenable by me, by my standards, and I don't know why! It just doesn't click with me.

I like that song but I do agree with you. The National Anthem, Optimistic and In Limbo are all better than Idioteque IMO, but nobody ever talks about them.
For staying strike free for 1 year.

I don't think very many people actually like Journey. 

Q9CDH94.png

Hey. I do. I saw them in concert with Foreigner and Night Ranger during the Eclipse tour, and it kicked ass.

OT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd2OhIvxQls

This song keeps playing on my local radio stations, and I can't stand it anymore. Not only that, but I could never take it seriously, since Manfred Mann sounds like he keeps saying "Revved up lie a douche".

Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

I'm not a big Gorillaz fan

For staying strike free for 3 years. I actually decided based on upvotes. That's a lot of love! WE'VE GOT TROUBLE Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thanks for the donation Testing the IPS 4.0 Update User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Best Newcomer 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year When you're chased by... For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! October 2014 - Sentence mix-core, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QGMCSCFoKA

Or anything by meatloaf

Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Thank you for your contributions! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Any K-Pop song, really. Nothing in particular comes to mind.

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. August 2014 - "Lady Ski Conquers Compton" (Sentence mix-core) Best Musician 2014, Best Musician 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos September 2013 - Overall, Regular

It's not that I don't like it, but rather everytime I hear it I want to crawl into a soundproof hole for a few minutes so I don't have to hear it again.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For clearing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 41 5-star ratings on your videos For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For meeting Fiddlesticks411 and Badluckcrow Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years if I were a wealthy man Runner up, E3 2012 Bingo event Congratulations! For placing first in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 727,777 Chewbucks! October 2011 - WHAT IS A BOB ROSS October 2011 FIFTY! Twenty-Five five Thanks for being good for so long! For service. Ribbit! Thanks for the cookies!

It's not that I don't like it, but rather everytime I hear it I want to crawl into a soundproof hole for a few minutes so I don't have to hear it again.

Why didn't I think of that?

MY CAKES WILL BURN! BREAKAWAY BUMPKIN! For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hzrDeceEKc&ab_channel=Oasis

I hate hate hate hate hate this fucking song. The guy's voice is almost a precursor to the whiny surf punkers that would come later. 

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos February 2013 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hzrDeceEKc&ab_channel=Oasis

I hate hate hate hate hate this fucking song. The guy's voice is almost a precursor to the whiny surf punkers that would come later. 

I don't really like Oasis, like at all.

For staying strike free for 1 year. January 2015 - "MICKEY MOUSE NAMES A RUSSIAN AIRCRAFT CARRIER AFTER HIS SPOUSE" (Brain rape/Rape-core) January 2015 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

Edited by spacman191