• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
G ☆

Your Gaming Backlog/Bucket List/Wish List

71 replies to this topic

Ozarhok   
Ozarhok

Last year I primarily focused on beating as many games as possible, this year I'm going to work on my backlog and other games I never got around to finishing for whatever reason. For my first feat, I somewhat randomly chose a couple of games, so far here's what I chose:

• StarTropics 2
  • Castlevania IV
  • Sparkster (SNES)
  • Brave Fencer Musashi
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: SuperSponge
  • Silent Hill 2
  • Simpsons: Hit & Run
  • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

I'm holding off on my Steam games until I get the parts to stop my computer from BsoDing, though tackling all of that is going to be a feat itself.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid Prime early Ice Beam, Plasma Beam, and Power Bombs Metroid Fusion complete Super Metroid under 2 hours Metroid: Zero Mission 100% Metroid Prime 100% I chew chew chewse you! That's a lot of love!

For collecting all 45 unique candy hearts. *suggestive wave* EAT IT For getting 20 awards For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages during the community challenge. For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For staying strike free for 5 years. For winning the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For clearing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during the community challenge event. For clearing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award! Good work! Wow! For clearing Mario 1-3 & World during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 2015 Bingo For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. can fire in spurts Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Mmmmm...richer!

The Pope   
The Pope

I've whittled down my console list further; all I have left is Final Fantasy XV and Xenoblade X, though I'm fully aware that both will be bears to play through. From what I hear though, XV isn't that long; like, it's long, but not ludicrously long. Xenoblade X is apparently titanic, though, so that one's a little daunting.

I'd have started XV sooner, but I was in Florida the past week, and this week I got back from the trip only for a friend to come visit and I'll most likely be showing him the sights. I'm hoping I can beat XV prior to Fire Emblem Echoes coming out, since that's one of the few games I'll actually go out and buy day one.

Once I finish those and Xenoblade X though, it's back to the Steam library. I doubt I'll finish it this year, but I'm hoping to make a severe dent in it. I know @zoc and either @Ben or @G ☆ (or both maybe?) wanted to do a playthrough of Borderlands 2 (more like BOREDerlands ahahahaHA) so that'll probably be when I try to get around to that.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Ben   
Ben

Yeah, I'd be interested in giving Borderlands 2 a try. I may have played a little bit of one of the games a while back, but I really don't know much about them.

Super Metroid complete You've GOT to be kidding Best Writer 2017 Millhouse, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you want ME more than you want this award. Season 2 For collecting all the silver cards For meeting Dark Fox! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For having a blog featured For collecting all the bronze cards Best Writer 2016 For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For releasing an article about the journey of entering the Navy. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

The Pope   
The Pope

So it took me nearly a damn month to get around to it, but I've finally up and beaten XV. Not that it was extremely long or anything (rather short, around 40 hours or so), I just couldn't be arsed to play it. Too busy and/or wasn't motivated to play it.

But what's important is that now (or I should say after I beat Fire Emblem Echoes since I'm playing it as soon as it comes out next Friday), all I have left on my console backlog is Xenoblade X! Shouldn't take me too lon-

5WSqyjy.jpg

Zj6fnwe.gif

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Maq   
Maq

Right now I'm going through

• Tales of Berseria
  • Persona 5
  • Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
  • Okage Shadow King

lol

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

2xdinosaurs   
2xdinosaurs

Still gotta go through Persona 5.

Fire Emblem Echoes comes out really soon... gotta touch back on Story of Seasons 2...

It's been a good year for games but I can't keep up with them!

So many pictures, so little wall space. This'll make a GREAT omelette! It is written, only Link can defeat Ganon SCRAP METAL! Look at this trophy, that you just won! For getting 20 awards Best Artist 2017

Favorite Staff Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Mmm... spare change? spare change ma'am? PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! bubble gum and taffy EYELASHES! i like you too millhouse (but not in that way) For service! For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For staying strike free for 3 years. For collecting all the bronze cards Best Artist 2016
Friendliest User 2017 For having a blog featured Participated in the 2015 and 2016 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For winning the Holiday Art Contest 2015 For coming in 3rd in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Thanks for the donation For staying strike free for 1 year.

The Pope   
The Pope

Persona 5 is sitting next to Nier: Automata on the list of games I plan to get and play at some point but I'm showing enough self restraint not to buy them now only to not play them for months. Instead I'm focusing on what I own, and by the time I have enough free time to play them, their prices will have most likely drastically dropped, giving credence to my patience.

But uh, I got no restraint with Fire Emblem, lol. Getting that shit day one. Once I beat it, then I'll be back on the horse with Xenoblade X, which looking at the How Long to Beat page above...woof.

And then once that's done, I can finally go back to the Steam library. I made some progress in it late last year, but all the PS4 games I got for Christmas set me back and I'm only just now finishing those up.

VentXekart   
VentXekart

I got a long list:

Unfinished:

• Recettear
  • Chantelise
  • Defense Grid: The Awakening + the DLC campaigns.
  • Frozen Synapse
  • Homeworld: Remastered
  • Mushroom Men: Truffle Trouble
  • Unreal Tournament 2004
  • Space Pirates and Zombies
  • Greed Corp
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Supreme Commander 2
  • Science Girls
  • Anno 2070
  • Eufloria
  • Fallout
  • Fallout: Tactics
  • Anomaly Warzone Earth Mobile Campaign
  • Cryostasis
  • Metro 2033
  • Closure
  • SpaceChem + 63 corvi expansion
  • Darwinia
  • Prison Architect
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  • X2: The Threat

Yet To Start:

• Final Fantasy VIII
  • Fallout 2
  • The Blackwell Legacy
  • Blackwell Unbound
  • Blackwell Deception
  • Blackwell Convergence
  • Poker Night 2

Dropped:

• Shoot Many Robots
  • Bad Rats
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
  • Space Trader: Merchant Marine
  • X3: Reunion
For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Many doors, yes? Richard Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

The Pope   
The Pope

Among those, I can only really speak for Valkyria Chronicles and Metroid Prime 3, both of which are fantastic.

Also, unless you're chomping at the bit to play one game or another, it's a good idea to categorize them by length. For example, do you see yourself playing Poker Night 2 that much? Unless you see yourself picking up and playing it over and over again, my guess is you'll play it for a few hours and be satisfied.

howlongtobeat.com can also help give you some basic guidelines for how long certain games will be. Tackle the shorter games first; your backlog will look much less intimidating with a handful of massive games compared to an overwhelming amount of short games. You'll still have the same amount of material to get through, but you won't feel quite as overwhelmed. It's how I whittled down my console backlog; I only have one game left, but it's Xenoblade X which is a fucking beast apparently.

The Pope   
The Pope

Beat Echoes, dropped X. Too many issues with it (see the General Video Game chat), and I simply could not be arsed to see if it "got better" seeing how it's an 80 hour game.

All that leaves is...the Steam library.

Spoiler

vfN62kf.png

Dis is it, Luigi...

Also for any games that it looks like I've already beaten, those are games I still need to play DLC for.

Yitsul   
Yitsul

Yet to Finish

Spoiler

Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation (I don't know who to marry who with based on supports and endings)

Tales of Graces F

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Yet to Start

Spoiler

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

Wishlist

Spoiler

Playstation 4 System

Plenty of Unreleased games

For staying warn free for 9 years For using up all your Chewbucks! Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 91 days before it was shut down For referring a member to this site. Thanks! Thanks for being Strike-Free for three years! For keeping his lago in his sig for a long time. Thanks for being Strike-Free!

Ben   
Ben

There are a bunch of games that I need to get around to playing at some point. Here's a few of them:

Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham Origins
Dead Space
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Dark Forces 2
Mysteries of the Sith
Bioshock 2
Halo Reach
Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2

I've made a little bit of progress into Dark Forces, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to complete all of them before the end of the year.

Edit: A few more for good measure.

Breath of the Wild
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes
Fallout 4

Super Metroid complete You've GOT to be kidding Best Writer 2017 Millhouse, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you want ME more than you want this award. Season 2 For collecting all the silver cards For meeting Dark Fox! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For having a blog featured For collecting all the bronze cards Best Writer 2016 For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For releasing an article about the journey of entering the Navy. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

The Pope   
The Pope

City's great, don't know if I'd bother with Origins. BioShock 2 is short so it shouldn't take too long.

MAZZ0Murder   
MAZZ0Murder

So I just finished Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, and am currently back on track with Pokemon Sun... but my backlog still includes:

Tri-Force Heroes (started - More than halfway through)

Hyrule Warriors Legends (started - Beginning levels)

Wind Waker HD (Downloaded but never opened)

Twilight Princess HD (Own but haven't opened yet)

Skyward Sword (Downloaded but haven't opened)

Breath of the Wild (Started. Not sure how far through but at least 1/6 of shrines completed)

^ For my favorite series I sure have a LOT to do!

Bravely Second (Downloaded but never opened. Have started the Demo, but haven't completed it)

Fire Emblem Echoes (Just downloaded today)

Ultimate NES Remix (started. Unsure of progress)

3D Classics Kid Icarus (started. Unsure of progress)

Metroid (Started. In beginning of game)

Metroid II (Started. In beginning of game)

Mario Kart 7 (Downloaded, but haven't opened)

And holey DOLEY I didn't even realize the list was that long!

So far for my wishlist? Probably a Nintendo Switch and some Splatoon to try out :P

It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

The Pope   
The Pope

Son, you want to talk long, don't even get me started.

If you do want to try to thin out the herd, start with the short stuff.

Morimoto   
Morimoto

Yet to finish:

-Breath of the Wild

Yet to Start:

-Undertale

-Pokemon Y (second playthrough)

-Payday 2

Wishlist:

-Splatoon 2

-Monster Hunter XX

-FIFA 18

-Super Mario Odyssey

-ARMS

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of October & November 2016 Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (YTPMV) Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For coming in 2nd Place in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For staying strike free for 1 year. For completing A Link to the Past during the community challenge. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

The Pope   
The Pope

So I've broken down the Steam list even further. Basically I split it into three sections: games I intend to play with a mouse and keyboard, games I intend to play with a controller, and DLC to games I've already beaten (those being last on the totem pole). Currently playing through VA-11 Hall-A, which is fucking great. Once I finish that, here are all of the M+K games, which I'm focusing on right now. Leaving Endless Legend and Civ: Beyond Earth off this list since they're kinda weird situations where I don't know how long I'll be playing them for and I don't want to think about them too much yet. Also Borderlands 2 since I'll be playing that one with da bois, and XCOM 2 because with big DLC on the way, I'd like to play the most "complete" version of the game possible.

Spoiler
  • Alien:Isolation
  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent
  • The Banner Saga 1/2
  • Chroma Squad
  • Divinity: Original Sin
  • Far Cry 3
  • Frozen Synapse
  • Halfway
  • Metro 2033
  • Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • System Shock 2
  • Thea: The Awakening
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2
  • Wasteland 2

I'm stumped on which of these to start next once I finish VA-11 Hall-A. System Shock 2 I might just abandon; I'll give it another chance, but old PC games do dick all for me, and if the interface doesn't feel right, I'll throw it out the window. Banner Saga, Amnesia, Thea and Metro are apparently shorter, but my interest more steers towards Alien: Isolation, Divinity, Far Cry 3, Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland 2, but from what I can tell those range from somewhat longer to fucking behemoths. If possible I'd like to axe some of the shorter ones first, so I might just mow down the former category just to thin the herd. Any suggestions?

Ozarhok   
Ozarhok

I've made it a point that after every five games I finish during my backlog project, I do an RPG. It was originally going to be every ten games but I have far too many unfinished RPGs. So here's my plan for the month:

-I've just finished five backlog games, so my next game will be Final Fantasy III (SNES)
-Then I'm doing another playthrough of Fire Emblem Fates, because rather than fight my Fire Emblem addiction I've learned to embrace it
-Do my next 5 backlog games, which are: Wario Blast, ICO, Goemon's Great Adventure, Half-Life 2, & one of the games I got from the Steam Summer sale
-Get all Icons (basically get 100%) in Mega Man Battle Network 4: Blue Moon

Though I'll probably play some of my backlog games during Fates, that's more of a 'pick up and play whenever I feel like it' game.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid Prime early Ice Beam, Plasma Beam, and Power Bombs Metroid Fusion complete Super Metroid under 2 hours Metroid: Zero Mission 100% Metroid Prime 100% I chew chew chewse you! That's a lot of love!

For collecting all 45 unique candy hearts. *suggestive wave* EAT IT For getting 20 awards For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages during the community challenge. For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For staying strike free for 5 years. For winning the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For clearing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during the community challenge event. For clearing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award! Good work! Wow! For clearing Mario 1-3 & World during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 2015 Bingo For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. can fire in spurts Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Mmmmm...richer!

Maq   
Maq

Right now it's

• Persona 5 (I had to restart my game a while back lol)
  • Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
  • Night in the Woods
  • Va11 Hall-a
  • Yakuza 0 (Which I just bought today)
  • Momodora

Too many video games.

To be honest I'm not that intent on finishing Digimon, and when I get Wolfenstein I'll probably focus more on that, lol.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

The Pope   
The Pope
On 7/3/2017 at 11:03 PM, Maq said:

Too many video games.

:Untitled-12_:

honey have you seen my backlog

you aint got shit to deal with