P-Dash

Undertale

1,556 replies to this topic

G ☆

Honestly, as much as everyone's been shitting on the game's "You're a fucking monster" reactions, from what I know of the demo(or from what I've seen in a playthrough up to the first boss to avoid spoilers past the demo anyway)

Killing Toriel once you actually manage to reason with her is really pretty nasty no matter what way you flip it, since she's not an especially hard boss to begin with. When I played the demo, I honestly had no idea you could spare her unless that's a new function they added in the full game.

I'm still a bit hesitant to get the full game, but at the same time I'm really tempted just because I really doubt that the way it handles the meta concepts could be any worse than The Stanley Parable, which wasn't even horrendous to begin with.

For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Guess. User with Funniest Avatars 2017 That's a lot of love! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards DIABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EYELASHES For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For collecting all the silver cards. For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

P-Dash

I didn't really care that the game called me out for murdering a few monsters in my playthrough. It's not a big deal like some folks make it out to be.

Super Metroid complete Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Prime 100% For staying strike free for 7 years. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Billion

I'm confident that most people (even those who were pretty emotionally invested into the game) are being insincere in calling someone "a fucking monster" for killing something in the game. Yeah, playing completely pacifist is the only way to get the best ending and is also the most challenging and the game most certainly encourages you to go down this route but it's something I would take with a grain of salt either way if people are giving you flak for killing anything. It's a fucking videogame, so they're either joking or need to get their priorities straight.

That aside, bought it day 1, loved it, beat it on both neutral and pacifist, might do a genocide run some day and might not be proud of myself for that.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For having a blog entry featured. User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years March 2014 - Classic You won! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down For uploading 5 videos into the Showroom. For completing at least 5 YTP Tennis matches. Gee, there sure is no time around here! My sword's for dinner.
YOU GET COOKIE

Dee

I refuse to Genocide after getting the True ending

I'll still replay it to see some extra stuff i missed though from my other playthrough. Really wish there was a boss rush or something so I can find the Genocide boss without doing genocide but oh well.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. First place in the Super Smash Smackdown! 3DS singles
First place in the Super Smash Smackdown! Wii U singles
First place in the Super Smash Smackdown³! Wii U singles For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Placing #3 in the Wheel Gator Speed Run. For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread!

P-Dash

I don't know if I could go full genocide. I've actually grown attached to a few characters, but some characters I enjoyed murdering and would do it again.

There's one I REALLY wanted to eliminate but can't...

Super Metroid complete Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Prime 100% For staying strike free for 7 years. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

SkyBlueFox

Actual spoiler for true/pacifist in here

I do find it kind of amusing - in the weird cosmic sort of way - how some folks, on /v/ or whatnot, are still datamining or replaying the game in hopes of finding some possible in-game way of saving poor dear Asriel. Resetting back to the start over and over, doing everything, all because of goatbro.

Kind of like what he was wanting to do to you in his boss battle. Hah!

Lucario For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For writing 12976 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For his premier article "A Brief History of Minecraft: From the Creative Mode to Ender Dragons" For being on the Vanilla forums for 90 days before it was shut down

UpChuckle

Genocide run spoilers kind of.  It's more of a curiosity

So since you sell your soul to get your game back after beating Genocide, what would happen if you do yet another Genocide run after that?

Edited by UpChuckle
For staying warn free for 9 years Third place in the Super Smash Smackdown³! Wii U singles Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 197 days before it was shut down

Axe

I got it a couple days ago, finished it last night in a single pacifist run, I love these characters too much augh

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 29 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 119 days before it was shut down So cool. Strike-free for more than 3 years. Congrats! i was a janitor<br />
<br />
i think Welcome to the Few. The Proud. The Moderators. For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread!
For posting after Dopply

SkyBlueFox

Hidden Content

I've heard conflicting into on it, but I do know that you get a little more dialogue from the Fallen Child. It's nothing particularly interesting; they refer to themselves as "-Name-, the demo that comes when people call its name" (or type it into a character creation screen). They also remark on how you keep bringing the game back over and over just to toy with all the characters, which is a perverted sentimentality that they can't understand anymore. They then say "if you decide to come back again, you should try something else next time".

I'm not sure if they give you the choice to erase it or not again, since you've already sold yourself out and everything.

Lucario For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For writing 12976 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For his premier article "A Brief History of Minecraft: From the Creative Mode to Ender Dragons" For being on the Vanilla forums for 90 days before it was shut down

HyperThermal

This is easily my favorite game of 2015.

but it might be the only game i've played in 2015

have some burg

tumblr_nv3xv5aeN21sk45e3o1_1280.png

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

UpChuckle

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

It wasn't even really a choice to begin with because if you refuse to erase, the demon morphs his face, says WHO SAYS YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S IN CONTROL?, lunges at the screen, and does the same thing but with a distorted, evil face.

For staying warn free for 9 years Third place in the Super Smash Smackdown³! Wii U singles Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 197 days before it was shut down

Dee

So here's some of my favorite songs in this game

big spoiler so don't click the last one if you haven't beaten true ending yet.

Like all the songs are fantastic but these are the ones that stuck with me the hardest. 

For staying strike free for 7 years. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. First place in the Super Smash Smackdown! 3DS singles
First place in the Super Smash Smackdown! Wii U singles
First place in the Super Smash Smackdown³! Wii U singles For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Placing #3 in the Wheel Gator Speed Run. For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread!

RedLuigi

I did the Pacifist run last night. I really wish it was longer, or at least had more scenes with your friends. But yeah this game is really sweet, I'm almost disappointed I'm playing it at the age I am now because if this came out when I was like 10 this would probably be my favorite game ever.

I attempted a Genocide run earlier but apparently there's actually a finite number of enemy encounters and you get different scenes if you kill all of them and I didn't know that until I was practically at the end, so I reset and now I'm doing Pacifist again because I was actually feeling really bad about killing people. At least it gives me an opportunity to do stuff that I apparently missed, like

Getting the key to Sans room by talking to him when he judges you, quitting without saving, and then repeating the process two more times.

I think I also didn't interact with every monster correctly? During the full credits some of them had a yellow description but others had a white one, and it seemed like they didn't get as good an outcome as those with yellow descriptions.

Edited by RedLuigi
For staying strike free for 7 years. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For Ohayocon! Ohaaaaaayo! *Robotnik music* You've GOT a little penis... Strrrriiiike free. For Lucky Lottery.

Life

I bought the game a couple days ago, I'm still early in it and up to the spooky skeleton bros. Going for an all pacifist run.

So far the game is really charming and well above my initial expectations, the dialogue reminds me of Earthbound a lot. 

Wads of dosh Super Metroid complete Super Metroid Wave Beam early For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 3 years. For participating in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament! Know what I mean? Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For beating Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For finishing second place during the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Given for putting on the excellent Smash Bros Smackdown online tournaments, complete with prizes. Great work, we thank you for contributing to and pulling together the community! Coming in 1st in the Super Smash Tourney: Double Trouble! for Wii Uchew Thank you so much for your patronage. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks a lot for the donation Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Life

I'm at the Undyne boss right now. I think I've figured out her mercy, but I've died twice since the only healing item I have with me is a cinnamon bun. I'm avoiding all guides so I'll get past her either after work tonight or tomorrow morning.

This is looking like a strong contender for GOTY for me right now.

Wads of dosh Super Metroid complete Super Metroid Wave Beam early For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 3 years. For participating in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament! Know what I mean? Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For beating Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during our community challenge event. For finishing second place during the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Given for putting on the excellent Smash Bros Smackdown online tournaments, complete with prizes. Great work, we thank you for contributing to and pulling together the community! Coming in 1st in the Super Smash Tourney: Double Trouble! for Wii Uchew Thank you so much for your patronage. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks a lot for the donation Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

MrThisucks

I haven't completed any run yet because of the lack of freetime and I'm going to grind to get Temmie's armor. I'm not sure what ending I'll get though, because I haven't really gone full pacifist or genocidal, so maybe true? I've all the main bosses it seems and I'm at the Asriel battle. Hell, is that even the end? Also, nice choices Dee, I would have also included this one

Submitting 100 videos to the Video System It's got you written all over it! Top 10 Videos of Dec 2016 For having a video featured in Recommended Poops of March 2015! Best Newcomer 2016 For staying strike free for 1 year. Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For getting all the standard ornaments Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Hefty outrunning of non-atheletes is already an achievement.  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For having a blog featured Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For writing 10089 words worth in blog entries. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

RedLuigi

This is kind of fucking nuts, spoilers if you haven't done the Pacifist or Genocide runs:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=520337707

Also this happens if you don't get hit by any of the credits during the full ending

Edited by RedLuigi
For staying strike free for 7 years. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For Ohayocon! Ohaaaaaayo! *Robotnik music* You've GOT a little penis... Strrrriiiike free. For Lucky Lottery.

SkyBlueFox

Something interesting that someone posed about the topic of that steamcommunity link - though I have to paraphrase it unfortunately (spoilers obviously):

There's a way to get into the basement/back room of Papyrus and Sans' house, and in one of the drawers is a photo of Sans with "a bunch of unfamiliar people".

If you beat the Pacifist run and choose not to go with Toriel, you get a picture of you with all your friends at the end as an after-credits thing.

If you True Reset after that and then go to the basement again? Sans will have both the "unfamiliar people" picture and the picture from the True Pacifist ending.

Someone posed the idea that all the Gaster business involves a whole bunch of characters that were eventually cut from the game or removed altogether - much like how Gaster ended up removed from existence, with one of the Gaster encounters talking about the idea of a world that's exactly the same even without you, etc etc. Sans is the only one that knows about it because he's probably one of the first characters that Toby and co. came up with. It's a lot of theorizing and brainstorming, of course, but it's a neat idea, and it fits in with the rest of the commentary-style meta that the rest of the game does.

HyperThermal

Something interesting that someone posed about the topic of that steamcommunity link - though I have to paraphrase it unfortunately (spoilers obviously):

Hidden Content

jeez i sure hope this means that there's a possibility of there being more to this game

because i want more of this game, though i wouldn't blame Toby for wanting a break after working on it for like three years.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos