Dopply

Nintendo Switch Thread

2,424 replies to this topic

Essasetic

I’ve had a switch for a month now (and even with only ONE game and maybe a few demos) it’s kept me occupied for a while. I’ve done the darker side of the moon on Super Mario Odyssey (that was VERY hard) and also I’ve played the puyo puyo tetris demo with my sister. Plenty of times! It’s really fun with a friend/sibling. Gonna get more games for Christmas! I bought it for my birthday and never regretted it! I’m gonna save up for a PC next!

Moogle

Wondering if I should buy this before Pokemon Switch/SMT 5/Fire Emblem Switch come out. 

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looks like something I might enjoy playing, but I wonder if it would be a good idea to play that before the first game. Shulk from the 1st game looks like a likable character that you would care to learn more about, while XC2 looks like a bad anime with that one little girl with a huge rack. I could never play the first XC because both of my 3DSes are old and I never had any reason to buy a Wii (in fact, the NES was the last non-handheld Nintendo console I owned). 

Maybe I could try emulating XC1 on Dolphin? It worked fine with Radiant Dawn like half a decade ago on my old computer, but I figure the requirements might not be as easy to meet.

Shouldn't they strive to port XC1 on a console people are a lot more likely to own? What with it having the reputation of a masterpiece RPG. 

For staying strike free for 5 years. top 420 anime boobz ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS December 2011 - Overall December 2011 - "LEAKED FINAL FANTASY TACTICS 2 TRAILER" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 34 days before it was shut down good job, you jerk. (DONE, VOTE) and stuff! Congratulations! your face I could eat I'm so hungry Oh boy Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!

Whelt

XC1 was released on New 3DS and Wii U virtual console, so they've taken about every step they could to make it available short of porting it again for the Switch.

I don't think you really need to play the first one before playing 2. They aren't closely related at all. But Dolphin would probably work.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Moogle
On 12/13/2017 at 8:51 PM, Deaniac said:

For reference, the WiiU sold 13.5 million units over five years. That just goes to show how much Nintendo has turned things around.

Is it all because the console is portable? 

For staying strike free for 5 years. top 420 anime boobz ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS December 2011 - Overall December 2011 - "LEAKED FINAL FANTASY TACTICS 2 TRAILER" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 34 days before it was shut down good job, you jerk. (DONE, VOTE) and stuff! Congratulations! your face I could eat I'm so hungry Oh boy Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!

Whelt

I'm sure that helps. I think what it really comes down to is a few things. A strong lineup of games, is important, probably the most important, and the Switch has had a good first year in terms of game releases. Being very unlike the Wii U also helps, as in, not having a name like "Wii U," no ambiguity on what the console is, and not looking like a baby toy. The Switch makes a step toward looking like a cool gadget instead of something exclusively for kids.

But also, portability. That's the one thing that really gives the Switch an edge over anything else. Otherwise it would just be an underpowered console with nothing else to it. Being able to play modern games on a handheld is a pretty big deal, even if they have to make performance sacrifices.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Essasetic

Nintendo Switch sets to outsell Wii U in Japan after less than a year on sale.

NOTE: Sales figures are NOT International and are Japan’s sales figures only.

Wii U Lifetime Sales (5 Years) 3.32 million

Nintendo Switch Sales (8 Months) 2.98 million. And 230,000 were sold last week in Japan ALONE.

Just proves how much Nintendo has stepped up their game and how successful the switch is.

Morimoto

I just got Xenoblade Chronocles 2 for Christmas and I am enjoying it.

Thinking of buying a Pro Controller with the Christmas money I have, luckily with some cash spared for Monster Hunter World (PC.)

Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of October & November 2016 Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (YTPMV) Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For coming in 2nd Place in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For staying strike free for 1 year. For completing A Link to the Past during the community challenge. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Jayblin

Has anyone else's Joycon control sticks started becoming slightly unresponsive? Last time I was playing BoTW I noticed how extremely difficult it was to move around because of how bad my left stick has become. I've updated it in the settings (updating a controller of all fucking things, what a world), and tried resyncing it, but it seems like it's just fucked now. I take care of my things, so I'm pretty annoyed. I have a Pro controller now (still don't think it was worth $70 dollars, I'll say that much) so it's not the end of the world, but I'm slightly miffed anyway.

I'll see about replacing it or something, whatever

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Whelt

You already tried recalibration, I assume?

Is it only when used wireless, or does it also happen in handheld mode?

Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017

Jayblin

Yep, sure did. And it does it in every mode, unfortunately. I was just curious if anyone else here had the same problem. Shit's just borked, it looks like.

Even if you take care of your expensive electronics, they will still break, almost as if to specifically remind you of your own mortality, and how everything will always come to an end regardless. Thanks for the crippling nihilism, Nintendo!

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Deaniac

Went over my buddy's house and played around with his Switch, my first real hands on interaction with the console. We played Pokkén Tournament, Mario Kart 8, as well as a little bit of Sonic Mania, Namco Museum, and Odyssey. Of course, the presentation looks great on the big screen but I was equally impressed by how nice it looked in handheld mode.

It'll definitely be worth saving up for one of these, especially with all of the cool games coming out in the near future. If Nintendo plays their cards right, the Switch could have a long, healthy life, taking over the mantle of the 3DS in due time, even if Nintendo doesn't care to admit it right now. My only surprise is that my friend's Switch was given to him as a used/pre-owned/refurbished console, which makes me wonder why anyone in their right mind would give away such a nifty console such as this.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

kingplatypus

I got DOOM for Christmas, and using gift money, also bought Heart and Slash, PAN-PAN, and OPUS: The Day We Found Earth from the the eShop. Lots of nice games, I've been playing my Switch pretty much all of my Xmas break.

On a semi-related note, I think the Switch's eShop needs a serious overhaul in it's design and organization. There's no categories for games on the front page, no user rating system, you can only see titles in the thumbnail pictures (I've ran across a few too many thumbnails where the title of the game was almost unreadable) and once a game moves off the front page, pretty much the only other way to find it is by searching for it, or hoping it's on sale or something. I didn't even know about PAN-PAN until I saw it in the On Sale section. Both the 3DS and Wii U had fairly well organized eShops when they first launched (or at least more organized than this), so I dunno why the Switch's is like this right now. Maybe it'll change in due time.

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

Whelt

Searching does work pretty well though, you just have to choose the right options. I can go into the advanced search, filter for platformers, and then sort by best sellers to see a list of the best selling platformers, which are presumably also highly rated.

But, I do think an actual rating system would be nice.

Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017

VGFM

I just got a Switch

My friendcode is SW-3199-1428-2502

I don't own any games with online multiplayer ATM tho.

I tried the demo for puyo puyo tetris but just got my ass kicked by the AI.  I've played both styles of puzzle game before and I don't remember them being this brutal.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your contribution to YouChew's favorite Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episodes. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year