Dopply

Nintendo Switch Thread

2,621 replies to this topic

WALLMAN

Nintendo Labia

1-2-Switch-2

Whatever you call it, it's an interesting idea, but it's not for me. I just hope my nephew doesn't ask for one. Little dude's out of storage space as is

It's yours, my friend. Mega Man 8, Mega Man 9, and Mega Man 10 complete For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

JazzDanceForChildren

I don't have strong opinions about the whole Labo thing, but DIY peripherals in that vein seriously need to stop using fucking cardboard and start using corrugated plastic like they make election signs out of because it's stronger, waterproof, and just a better building material in every way for something that isn't meant to be thrown out. People have made seriously made small buildings out of coroplast and zip ties that hold up for years outdoors.

For staying warn free for 9 years Designing card #18 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
Smartest User 2017
Smartest User 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2012 - Overall For the category of Member With Funniest Posts, Smartest User 2014, Smartest User 2015, Smartest User 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down

The Pope

Isn't cardboard more environmentally friendly to recycle when you're done with it than plastic, though?

Not being rhetorical, I'm genuinely asking. If it is, then good and them for not trying to fill a million dumpsters with plastic once people get sick of the thing.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

JazzDanceForChildren
4 hours ago, The Pope said:

Isn't cardboard more environmentally friendly to recycle when you're done with it than plastic, though?

Not being rhetorical, I'm genuinely asking. If it is, then good and them for not trying to fill a million dumpsters with plastic once people get sick of the thing.

The environmental impact depends on what you're using it for and how long you want to track each item. Cardboard is more biodegradable, but the net amount of waste from their use is still high because cardboard containers are often used only once and then thrown out and the material can't be recycled once it gets too wet, dirty, or greasy anyway. Post offices use corrugated plastic for their mail carrier boxes and for reusable containers like that since it's better than cardboard boxes which would have to be replaced often or molded plastic which takes more material and is harder to recycle.

For staying warn free for 9 years Designing card #18 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
Smartest User 2017
Smartest User 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2012 - Overall For the category of Member With Funniest Posts, Smartest User 2014, Smartest User 2015, Smartest User 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down

Goro Majima

Doom on this thing is.. Actually pretty fucking awesome. It's locked at 30 FPS unlike the other versions but it's a very smooth and consistent 30 FPS nonetheless, and being able to take big bad motherfuckin' Doom out of the dock and into the palms of my hands kicks ass more than I can even describe. While I haven't played it myself yet, my brother got Skyrim on the Switch and has been loving it more than any other Elder Scrolls experience, the smooth design choices of the Switch in combination with the game itself being why.

With Wolfenstein on it's way to the Switch, overall I gotta say I'm happy to see Nintendo regaining major third party support, and with this newfound innovation of something that's both a home console and a portable nonetheless!

For staying strike free for 5 years. For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Heruru Meruru

My friend code is SW-1670-5464-6906.

Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For staying warn free for 9 years Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For having a blog entry featured. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos

Goro Majima

I've been playing Doom on my a Switch a lot on the city bus commute on the way to college. Nothing quite like an atmospheric morning bus ride of murderizing the shit out of demons to wake me up before class, am I right?

For staying strike free for 5 years. For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

The Pope

Honestly at this point I'd be totally okay with either a port or a new game, either of which is reasonable. I just wish Nintendo wouldn't be so coy and would just tell us what they're doing. If they're skipping a port and going straight to 5 and need some time to make it really good, then I'm totally okay with that. Just let us know that's what you're doing. Because the longer they wait, the less acceptable a Smash 4 port will be, and we're quickly crossing that threshold.

It doesn't help that Nintendo's had a huge boom since the last Smash came out, and if we get a Smash game without playable Inklings, an Inkopolis stage, a Hyrule Field (a la Breath of the Wild) stage, and a New Donk City stage (or Fossil Falls, but who are we kidding it's New Donk City), people will lose their shit.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

WALLMAN

I hope they do add a Steam Gardens stage, but I'll settle for Who Donk Wherever.

My biggest fear about Smash on Switch is that they might add Spring Man from Arms as a fighter. I haven't even played the game, and I know they can pick better representation than "Little Mac, Sponsored by CrestⓇ"

It's yours, my friend. Mega Man 8, Mega Man 9, and Mega Man 10 complete For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

G ☆

Well with L.A. Noire's recent port, the potential for Cole Phelps in Smash 5 is endless.

- Neutral B: Doubt

- Side B: Lie

- Up B: Truth

- Down B: Check Notebook

- Final Smash: Use Intuition

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Member with Funniest Posts 2018 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Sentence mix-core) / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Classic) The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Guess. User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018 That's a lot of love! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards DIABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EYELASHES For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For collecting all the silver cards. For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

The Pope

That reminds me, I really would love Phoenix Wright to be in Smash. After Mega Man and Ryu, he makes the most sense as a Capcom cameo (with Monster Hunter following shortly after that but let's not get ahead of ourselves). We've seen him as a character in MvC3, so it'd be cool to see him show up in Smash, especially considering how intrinsically tied to Nintendo he is.

Essasetic

What about Edgeworth though?

The Pope

No.

CODEREDJAROD

Edgeworth can be a Mii costume.

Mega Man X series complete Flame Hyenard defeated with no damage taken in Mega Man X7 The birds are singing Mega Man X5 complete with all upgrades Mega Man X4 complete with Zero Hadouken and Shoryuken acquired in Mega Man X and Mega Man X2 Mega Man II for Game Boy complete Mega Man classic series complete Mega Man, Mega Man 2, and Mega Man 3 complete Australia, here we CUUUM!!! BWAAAH! For collecting all the bronze cards ...and smells like one, too. sometimes pizza times it sometimes it sometimes it sometimes pizza times pizza I can't give credit! For getting 20 awards For the Team Fortress II collab! For the Team Fortress II collab! The galaxy is at peace Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid 100% Metroid Prime 100% Super Metroid Wave Beam early Super Metroid complete Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Regular) For being a part of the Recommended Poops of June 2017 Best Newcomer 2017 Thanks for the donation. For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System SPARE CHANGE MA'AM? Hey, gimme a boost, Mario.

That's a lot of love! Eyelashes! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016 (Classic)

Deaniac

There hasn't been a port of a former Super Smash Bros title yet (not counting VC SSB64) and doing so now would feel wrong. As long as they're not working with a Melee level deadline they may as well just start working on the fifth installment. Considering how much more consistent Nintendo has become with promptly releasing new games lately they could surprise us yet.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

The Pope

In the very least, I'm hoping that by E3 this year they tell us what's going on. We don't need a trailer or even a release date, just a yes or no answer on "We're porting 4" or "We're making a new game".

I'll say this much, Melee onwards there tends to be patterns with the release date. Barring 64 which was released near the end of the N64's life, Melee (which was made only 2 years after 64, holy shit wat) within 2 years of the system's release date. Granted these dates have padded out over time (launch day on Melee, a year and a half on Brawl, two years on Wii U (yes that timespan is longer if you factor in the 3DS's launch window don't focus on semantics)), but that should be a reasonable window. If we're going by that, we should see Smash 5: Smash Harder prior to March of ''19. Honestly, if Nintendo's being sneaky buggers and keeping it on the down-low, I could totally see it releasing this holiday as their big Christmas game this year. They've had plenty of time to work on it, it's just a matter of whether or not Daddy Sakurai's been sitting in the director's seat or not.

WALLMAN

Nintendo's getting its lube ready

Time 2 FUCK