Dopply

Nintendo Switch Thread

2,426 replies to this topic

WALLMAN

Nintendo Labia

1-2-Switch-2

Whatever you call it, it's an interesting idea, but it's not for me. I just hope my nephew doesn't ask for one. Little dude's out of storage space as is

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

JazzDanceForChildren

I don't have strong opinions about the whole Labo thing, but DIY peripherals in that vein seriously need to stop using fucking cardboard and start using corrugated plastic like they make election signs out of because it's stronger, waterproof, and just a better building material in every way for something that isn't meant to be thrown out. People have made seriously made small buildings out of coroplast and zip ties that hold up for years outdoors.

For staying warn free for 9 years Designing card #18 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
Smartest User 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2012 - Overall For the category of Member With Funniest Posts, Smartest User 2014, Smartest User 2015, Smartest User 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down

The Pope

Isn't cardboard more environmentally friendly to recycle when you're done with it than plastic, though?

Not being rhetorical, I'm genuinely asking. If it is, then good and them for not trying to fill a million dumpsters with plastic once people get sick of the thing.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

JazzDanceForChildren
4 hours ago, The Pope said:

Isn't cardboard more environmentally friendly to recycle when you're done with it than plastic, though?

Not being rhetorical, I'm genuinely asking. If it is, then good and them for not trying to fill a million dumpsters with plastic once people get sick of the thing.

The environmental impact depends on what you're using it for and how long you want to track each item. Cardboard is more biodegradable, but the net amount of waste from their use is still high because cardboard containers are often used only once and then thrown out and the material can't be recycled once it gets too wet, dirty, or greasy anyway. Post offices use corrugated plastic for their mail carrier boxes and for reusable containers like that since it's better than cardboard boxes which would have to be replaced often or molded plastic which takes more material and is harder to recycle.

For staying warn free for 9 years Designing card #18 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
Smartest User 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2012 - Overall For the category of Member With Funniest Posts, Smartest User 2014, Smartest User 2015, Smartest User 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down

EggSoldier

Doom on this thing is.. Actually pretty fucking awesome. It's locked at 30 FPS unlike the other versions but it's a very smooth and consistent 30 FPS nonetheless, and being able to take big bad motherfuckin' Doom out of the dock and into the palms of my hands kicks ass more than I can even describe. While I haven't played it myself yet, my brother got Skyrim on the Switch and has been loving it more than any other Elder Scrolls experience, the smooth design choices of the Switch in combination with the game itself being why.

With Wolfenstein on it's way to the Switch, overall I gotta say I'm happy to see Nintendo regaining major third party support, and with this newfound innovation of something that's both a home console and a portable nonetheless!

For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year