• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
Crazy Luigi

h3h3Productions

303 replies to this topic

Cantfly   
Cantfly
On 2/22/2016 at 6:46 PM, appdirect said:

I would have preffered Jeff Dunham fuckdoll under a glass.

Or better yet, a Dunnie wearing the Beanie

The ultimate artistic statement about society

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Doom   
Doom

Personally, as someone who's not really that well-versed in visual arts, I must say that works by artists such as Pollock or Malevich don't really do anything for me by themselves. It's learning about the historical and philosophical context, knowing what the artist wanted to accomplish and seeing what progress they made over time that makes their work come to life for me. The problem I have with that video (which is the same problem I have with most diatribes against modern art that I've seen) is how he completely omits the context behind the artworks that he shows and then expects people to judge them objectively. I know it's just a stupid YouTube video that one shouldn't expect to contain serious artistic criticism but it pisses me off.

That's just my two cents I guess.

For completing 10 matches. For staying strike free for 5 years. Lucario Best Musician 2016
Best Musician 2017 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For having a blog featured Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Whoa! You completed five. Here you go! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years August 2014 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest November 2012 - "Pay up." (Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core) Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos

Liebermintz   
Liebermintz
5 hours ago, Doom said:

Personally, as someone who's not really that well-versed in visual arts, I must say that works by artists such as Pollock or Malevich don't really do anything for me by themselves. It's learning about the historical and philosophical context, knowing what the artist wanted to accomplish and seeing what progress they made over time that makes their work come to life for me. The problem I have with that video (which is the same problem I have with most diatribes against modern art that I've seen) is how he completely omits the context behind the artworks that he shows and then expects people to judge them objectively. I know it's just a stupid YouTube video that one shouldn't expect to contain serious artistic criticism but it pisses me off.

That's just my two cents I guess.

I'm with you on that.

The first time I really started noticing that h3h3/Ethan and Hila were looking at source videos with something of a right-wing slant (which is what the whole "problem with modern art" thing comes from - it's a primarily right-wing reaction to left-wing cries for the continued funding of arts programs in the United States, associating Russian constructivism and post-WWII conceptual art with this belief that "if art is self-expression, then art by definition has to allow everything") was when they made fun of the girl who said that "air conditioning is sexist." Having taken the time and read the argument (women are more susceptible to colder temperatures, which lead to decreased productivity - in workplace situations, the AC is set to 65-68 degrees Fahrenheit, which is comfortable to me but not to a lot of women), I knew Ethan was mostly just going to use that video to rag on feminists like most popular YouTube personalities. JonTron stated that any analysis of potentially sexist content in video games is akin to the fearmongering that he was trying to mock in his "Food Games" review. The Amazing Atheist made his buck on becoming a hero for the alt-right, blabbering on about SJWs and how atheism is great.

And he did. He saw the girl in the same light a bunch of my Facebook friends saw Chanty "Big Red" Binx - just another loudmouth trying to police our behavior, they say. Just another stupid little feminist, they say.

The second video that got me thinking about his alt-right appeal is his little critique of body positivity videos. I know he's made a killing off of making fun of DJ Khaled's obesity and that whole "chub 'n tuck" thing he has going on when he wants to portray a sex offender or somebody with a poor taste in fashion. He doesn't take into consideration that there are people who have tried (and failed) to lose weight - and people who are genetically predispositioned to gain more weight than the average person (inb4 "muh genetics") - and that a lot of fitness culture has done the thing that Richard Simmons wanted to change in the first place: appeal to fit people and demean overweight and obese clientele because "they're not fit." He says that body positivity is a catch-all for "gain weight and be a lazyass who weighs as much as a house, we won't judge." Even body positivists will judge you. Body positivity is about living right with your body, but not getting shit because of your body type or the amount of fat you have. But nope, gotta make fun of DJ Khaled trying to lose weight because "that fucker gains another 20 pounds every time I see him!"

Ever since then, I have become convinced that Ethan and Hila aren't so much making fun of morons on the Internet anymore, but trying to act as Lonesome Rhodes/Glenn Beck types for their newfound alt-right fanbase. That's why you have that big drop-off in quality since making fun of SoFloAntonio stealing content. That and Ethan's introduced some activist-type segments on his show - i.e. the interviews with the viral video makers whose income has been taken entirely by SoFlo.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Best Musician 2016 For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For songmaking during the '11 Festival
For outstanding achievement in achievement! For taking pa-a-a-aaaaaaaart. Well done Link! You won! For news staff writings.

Cantfly   
Cantfly

Malk I feel like you’re really making a mountain out of a nonexistent molehill here.

Like, where at any point did Ethan or Hila make any claims to be appealing to any sort of political affiliation? The most we’ve ever seen of this is Ethan stating that he’s left-leaning in his “country for sociopaths by sociopaths” video but for the most part a vast majority of the videos he produces is taking the weird content from the internet (and the rest of the world) and combining it with Ethan’s own goofiness. Your argument seems to stem purely from the baseless claim that they’re “alt-right” appealing because they’re taking the piss out of minimalistic art pieces. I can understand not finding the video funny but absolutely nowhere is it meant to be assumed that Ethan and Hila are completely dismissing this type of art as a whole. I mean, fucking hell, Hila makes her living off of being an artist, they're not saying all art is bad or that we shouldn't be funding art museums. 

A majority of the humor to be found in their videos is just highlighting the absurdities that they come across in a loving manner, coupled with self-deprecation. The video I just recently posted is pretty clear evidence of that, with Ethan explaining how he overcame his self-consciousness issues and is now able to make a complete ass of himself online for the world to see. These really aren’t the types of videos to be taking so seriously. Calling them “Glenn Beck types” for making fun of a large, narcissistic rapper is completely absurd.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Liebermintz   
Liebermintz
47 minutes ago, Cantfly said:

Calling them “Glenn Beck types” for making fun of a large, narcissistic rapper is completely absurd.

In reference to their continual targeting of strawmen targeted by the alt-right (i.e. body positivity videos, feminists, modern art aesthetics), not because of SoFlo or DJ Khaled or the weirdos who take themselves way too seriously.

50 minutes ago, Cantfly said:

Malk I feel like you’re really making a mountain out of a nonexistent molehill here.

I'd prefer it if people stopped using the name "Malk." That name makes me think of some really bad times I had.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Best Musician 2016 For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For songmaking during the '11 Festival
For outstanding achievement in achievement! For taking pa-a-a-aaaaaaaart. Well done Link! You won! For news staff writings.

Dopply   
Dopply

Ethan is an asshole. Most people who are funny are...name me somebody funny who isn't a total dick. That's fine. His videos are obviously not for you if you can't tell he's being a total cock for goofs. He is going to insult those people and more because it's funny. If you're into lighter fare than Ethan is really not for you, I'm sorry.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. Granting permission for a card that was later dropped For releasing articles on YouChew's Best of the Year series from 2007-2015. It's gonna hurt It's yours, my friend Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For taking second place in 2014's Chew-or-Treat awards. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years User with Funniest Avatars 2014
Spirit of YouChew 2017 Spirit of YouChew 2014, Most Likely to Rule the World 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2015
Spirit of YouChew 2016, Smartest User 2016, Most Helpful Member 2016, Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - Sentence mix-core, Classic For the categories of Funniest Signature and Spirit of YouChew.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015 February 2012 - "Merlin's Penis" (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 215 days before it was shut down Cause he's Dopply!<br />
<br />
And for posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! Yesterday should count, right? For my cock. Obviously. A thanks to myself, I suppose, pardner. Miss10 gave this to me, and congratulated me. I felt special. For moderator service. For the most Fucking Horrifying Character in Rabbit's Character Study contest.<br />
<br />
Good work!

appdirect   
appdirect

Pretty sure that H3H3 being a degenerate isn't just a character, that's how he is, he eats Doritos every day.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

Mashu   
Mashu
59 minutes ago, Cantfly said:

A majority of the humor to be found in their videos is just highlighting the absurdities that they come across in a loving manner, coupled with self-deprecation.

Except that doesn't mean that they can't necessarily project an agenda into their videos, and the modern art video is very clearly doing that.

And you can't dismiss it by saying "well they're assholes, that's just how they are," because Ethan has otherwise been appreciative of his audience in the past and has been seen communicating with some of the people he's done videos on. If you want someone who's trying to be funny just by being an asshole, then you'd have someone like Filthy Frank, who isn't funny at all anyway.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World, and Super Mario 64 during our community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. January 2015 - "CDI '06" (YTPMV) For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years With an iron fist Press start to begin For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest Thanks for the donation For your piece on Kraven Manor, all I can say is good job. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year June 2012 - Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Dopply   
Dopply

Because he is playing an asshole for laughs. Good lord. I consider myself a good person but when I want to be funny, I turn into a dick because that's how it's done. Your mileage may vary. He's not like that day to day, like normally. There is no agenda. Like, him railing on Google Cardboard for being stupid and all that is the same concept. It didn't make me laugh because he's obviously ignorant (and apparently he put up a new video addressing it) but I knew he was just playing it for laughs. I didn't get upset, it's just what funny people do, they take the fruit and run with it.

As someone who has taken many modern art classes and been involved in that area, a lot of people have their head up their ass. I don't dismiss it though because I understand it and can see the context of that stuff - so again, ignorance on his behalf. It doesn't personally upset me, however; rude comedy is rude, after all.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. Granting permission for a card that was later dropped For releasing articles on YouChew's Best of the Year series from 2007-2015. It's gonna hurt It's yours, my friend Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For taking second place in 2014's Chew-or-Treat awards. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years User with Funniest Avatars 2014
Spirit of YouChew 2017 Spirit of YouChew 2014, Most Likely to Rule the World 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2015
Spirit of YouChew 2016, Smartest User 2016, Most Helpful Member 2016, Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - Sentence mix-core, Classic For the categories of Funniest Signature and Spirit of YouChew.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015 February 2012 - "Merlin's Penis" (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 215 days before it was shut down Cause he's Dopply!<br />
<br />
And for posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! Yesterday should count, right? For my cock. Obviously. A thanks to myself, I suppose, pardner. Miss10 gave this to me, and congratulated me. I felt special. For moderator service. For the most Fucking Horrifying Character in Rabbit's Character Study contest.<br />
<br />
Good work!

Mashu   
Mashu

The point I'm trying to make is that Ethan's style of humor doesn't detract from the fact that the video is a stupidly shallow and narrow minded perspective of the subject. It's the same low-hanging fruit that's been picked tens of thousands of times by a bunch of internet-dwelling STEM undergrads giving themselves pats on the back. It's not funny or new or original in any way. If you need any evidence, take a glance at the YouTube comments or the video's reddit thread.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World, and Super Mario 64 during our community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. January 2015 - "CDI '06" (YTPMV) For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years With an iron fist Press start to begin For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest Thanks for the donation For your piece on Kraven Manor, all I can say is good job. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year June 2012 - Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Cantfly   
Cantfly

I think it's also not out of the question to not expect absolutely everybody to have an eye for this type of art in the first place. This is separate from the video, but while there's always a context behind works of art like these, you can't expect everyone viewing it to understand or even agree with it. It doesn't devalue a work of art to have a negative perspective of something. If there's any real "message" to be taken out of the video I feel that it's pretty close to that. 

Not to mention that the topic of the video is so vague. He showcases particular pieces but it really does not speak on behalf of all material like that. And there really is no evidence in this video that suggests that Ethan is truly being dismissive of this entire genre. You can poke fun of something and not completely despise it at the same time. It's something that he does all the time. 

Best Writer 2014
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Fretless   
Fretless

Geez, all he did was goof on Jackson Pollock, it's not a big deal.

I'm an art student, and I enjoy going to museums, and I thought the video was hilarious. I got no problem with making fun of abstract paintings and simple pieces of art that go for millions upon millions of dollars.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!

Erroneous Monk   
Erroneous Monk

Thinking about it a little more, I guess my main problem with the art video was how the fans took it seriously, which is just another case of Internet personalities I like having shitty fans.

Kirbitch For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Biodegradable   
Biodegradable

After I found myself frequenting this channel more and more often, I finally gave in and subscribed. The only reaction channel that's transformative and enter-fucking-taining. 

u4wGMhO.jpg

Incidentally, Ethan's wife Hila is adorable. I like how she's always smiling. 

FKuPUO9.gif

GO and KILL! Submitting 100 videos to the Video System User with Coolest Avatars 2017
Friendliest User 2017
Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For receiving a candy heart during the Valentine's Day event! For getting 20 awards For meeting LaVie CestLol and ravinrabbid123 For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 For taking 1st Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! Congrats! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest I can do it, I can do it 10 times. For staying strike free for 1 year. For The Angry Grandpa Collab. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of May 2016.

and August 2017 FIVE! FIVE TENNIS MATCHES! HA HA HA HA!! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Hey, gimme a boost, Mario. For collecting all the silver cards Best Tenniser 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016
Friendliest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Image Editor 2017
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Best Newcomer 2016
Best Writer 2016
Best Tenniser 2017
Best Writer 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Regular)
Top 10 Videos of June 2017 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 / Top 10 Videos of June 2017 Congratulations on your first ever Writing Staff article, my friend! :) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Taisto   
Taisto

I think they had different ideas on what they wanted to do. He came in his schtick but Ethan was being himself, not  goofing and gaffing. That's where the disconnect is.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 205 days before it was shut down