YamiMario

General Cartoon Network/Adult Swim/Toonami Thread

4,701 replies to this topic

NAveryW
On 3/14/2017 at 4:26 PM, Ashleii said:

CN wrote it off for tax purposes which means they can no longer do anything with it in America, a la Megas XLR, Beware the Batman and IGPX.

Where does this information come from?

You watched Masketta Phantasmagoria with Benedetto and Dark Fox. For staying warn free for 9 years For getting 90 5-star ratings Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for having 111 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Thrashblade Oelkers Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best YouTube Pooper 2014 Getting 1st in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013, Best Artist 2014, Member with Funniest Posts 2014
Best YouTube Pooper 2016 2013
Best YouTube Pooper 2015

User with Funniest Avatars 2016 April 2013 - "walrusguy where do u get the censorship beep sound effect" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down He has contributed some articles Interviewed. For winning lucky lottery.

Deaniac

So I know I'm in the 2% minority that actually liked this show, but I've been watching the "lost" episodes of The Problem Solverz that were uploaded to Netflix and nowhere else when Cartoon Network stopped airing the show over the air, and for the most part I'm enjoying them. They ended up tweaking the character designs a bit and the background colors were toned down a bit to be less of an assault to the eyes, which for this show isn't saying a ton because there's a lot going on lol.

Even when it first premiered, I never really hated it like everyone else. Once you get past the bizarre, avant garde exterior, the content of the show itself is no different from the standard kids cartoon - it was just splashed with a very vivid and very loud coat of paint. At the very least, I commend CN for being experimental and giving something this strange a chance, because there's no way in hell Nick or Disney would have touched something like this...or at least at the time for Disney, considering they have Two More Eggs from The Brothers Chaps and Right Now Kapow airing on XD nowadays.

To think it started as an Adult Swim pilot of all things.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

Maq

So I finally watched the episode and wow, damn lol

Spoiler

I liked the Aku part in the beginning. It was silly but I felt like it still fit, cause Aku has always had silly moments in the older seasons. The new voice actor is pretty good; not perfect, but it still sounds enough like Aku.

The part in that glowy room or whatever, when the song started (like AGSMA said) I was like "wtf is this Ecstacy of Gold" cause it sounded really similar. But damn the action was really intense. And the end was a very dramatic cliffhanger.

The wolf part just felt like filler, I guess the wolf was a metaphor for Jack but it didn't really need to be in the episode imo.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

TyrannosaurusReich

yeesh i knew @JimPaladin had shit taste in literally everything ever but this is a new LOW of shit taste. i didn't even know that was possible

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

K. V. Bones

Oh hey Jim paladin was mentioned, what did he do this time?

For staying strike free for 3 years.  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 1 year.

TyrannosaurusReich

see the last page

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

Maq

Also, I hope this won't be taken down but here's the "Ecstacy of Gold" song from the new episode.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

TugCoat

Gotta get bim

bim do da dim

Paladin Jim

Metroid Fusion 100% For staying strike free for 3 years. I actually decided based on upvotes. That's a lot of love! WE'VE GOT TROUBLE Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thanks for the donation Testing the IPS 4.0 Update User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Best Newcomer 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year When you're chased by... For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! October 2014 - Sentence mix-core, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

appdirect
On 19/3/2017 at 0:43 PM, JimPaladin said:

I don't really criticize the show too much objectively for looking ugly to me, since it IS a subjective stance and all.  I don't even think Genndy is a bad artist or animator; I loved Dexter's Lab and his style meshed incredibly well with what that show was, leaving me with pretty much zero complaints.  But when you put his style into a concept like Samurai Jack, a show that is trying to be an action/drama (while also still a kid's comedy, I mean, the show was/is fucking funny when it wants to be.  I wish it'd channel more of that and less at the attempts to be literary or dramatic, which is what is really drawing my ire towards how the show looks), it starts really distracting me.  It tries to frame a scene of Jack silently walking through a picture-esque forest, only all the trees look like kids drew them and they're obviously digitally layered over each other in a computer program. 

I guess what I'm generally amused by is the fact that a show like, say, Johnny Test comes along and people heavily criticize it for cutting a lot of corners in animation and looking ugly and stilted but along cums Samurai Jack that does a lot of the same corner cutting but because it's generally regarded as nostalgic, everyone accepts it as looking great- even if they're the same people that bashed a show like Johnny Test only moments ago.

i give this piece'a shit 0 out of 10 *shoots it with his gun*

Dexter's Lab sucked though, I was not really into it even back in the day.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

Maq

I dunno, it's one thing to dislike it but I don't think it "sucked". It was a funny show with good designs and animation, at least until the later seasons.

Also Dexter's dad is hot

truteal

This is being made into a series next year, it's cliché, cringy and I won't be watching it, but it's better than Bottom's Butte (which I'm surprised didn't get greenlit)

For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Deaniac

On the contrary, I enjoy its low key charm and its simplicity reminds me of early Regular Show, so I think with a few tweaks it could be even better.

But yeah, Bottom's Butte was ass. I don't care if it was created by Eileen's voice actor, it wasn't very good at all.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

Maq
18 hours ago, kingplatypus said:

Ey Lois, remember that time I had to defeat Aku and go back to the past? Eheheheheheheh

truteal
5 hours ago, Deaniac said:

Bottom's Butte was ass. I don't care if it was created by Eileen's voice actor, it wasn't very good at all.

The main problem with it is that Beverly and Peanut seem to have no consequences for their actions (Unlike Mordecai and Rigby who would get fired/die if they didn't fix the problems they created)

For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

WeepinnWillow
10 hours ago, Deaniac said:

Bottom's Butte was ass. I don't care if it was created by Eileen's voice actor, it wasn't very good at all.

OH HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN

For getting 20 awards IMMA SUGAR DADDY HEART ON STICK MUST DIE For collecting all the bronze cards EYELASHES! For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 Thanks for the donation. For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest "Spare change? Spare change, ma'am?" For reaching this poop milestone. Submitting 100 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos September 2014 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years drugamin, MrTomato26, and ComputerGuy6545 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Fretless
Spoiler

"Join me, Jack! And I will make your face the greatest in Koridai! Or else you will DIE!"

0cd.png

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!