YamiMario

General Cartoon Network/Adult Swim/Toonami Thread

4,759 replies to this topic

The Titan

I wonder if CN will ever bring back the city era. That was my childhood and I miss it a lot. That and Cartoon Network Fridays.  

For staying strike free for 1 year.

Tug

But they already have JJBA

For eloquently describing your thoughts on USA Today's article depicting YouTube Poops. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting 20 awards For getting all the standard ornaments For making da Youchew Pizza, mama-mia! Metroid Fusion 100% For staying strike free for 3 years. I actually decided based on upvotes. That's a lot of love! WE'VE GOT TROUBLE Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thanks for the donation Testing the IPS 4.0 Update User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Best Newcomer 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year When you're chased by... For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! October 2014 - Sentence mix-core, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

zoc

im ready for long necks: the series

User with Funniest Signatures 2017
Friendliest User 2018 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

Deaniac

Still haven't watched this series, but I've seen some clips and the show seems to be prime not for just Toonami, but Adult Swim in general.

Thanks for your contribution(s) to the YouChew zine! For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

Heruru Meruru

I feel like it would have been better if they put it on [adult swim] comedy rather than Toonami. Or at least have reruns at 4 in the morning and confuse the fuck out of people like Too Many Cooks.

For recording your lines and hosting the YouChew Dubs Wand of Gamelon and Faces of Evil! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For staying warn free for 9 years Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For having a blog entry featured. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos

MemeKirisame

It is Japanese anime, so it's most likely needed to be put into Toonami.

IMO, The ADV gag dub of Ghost Stories some Discord user showed me is pretty acceptable on Adult Swim. C'mon, Williams Street once dubbed Crayon Shin-chan.

Mmmmmm For your contribution to the YouChew Zine! For staying strike free for 1 year. Best YouTube Pooper 2018 Best Newcomer 2018 For participating in the 2017 Chew or Treat! For being a part of the Recommended Poops of October 2017 Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 / Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 (YTPMV) Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

The Titan

There honestly isn't any reason why anybody should watch Toonami in 2018. You can just watch it on the web in HD on Kissanime. However, I did watch Samurai Jack Season 5 when it was new on Toonami. Other than that, Toonami needs to offer something that the internet can't. What that something is I have no idea. 

Heruru Meruru

...There's no reason to use illegal streaming sites unless the show is behind a double paywall (or not legally available, out of print, licensed by Aniplex, etc), either. 

And even then you should be torrenting it. 

For recording your lines and hosting the YouChew Dubs Wand of Gamelon and Faces of Evil! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For staying warn free for 9 years Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For having a blog entry featured. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos

The Titan
36 minutes ago, Heruru Meruru said:

...There's no reason to use illegal streaming sites unless the show is behind a double paywall, either. 

illegal or not. Doesn't matter. Toonami's target audience are people who watch anime and a majority of them use the internet to watch anime. I doubt any anime fans watch their anime only on Toonami.

Heruru Meruru

I both stream anime and watch Toonami for anime I wouldn't normally watch (would have never given hunterxhunter a go, for instance). 

Illegally streaming is just bad. If you absolutely have to pirate anime (hell knows I do if I want to watch Digimon in Japanese), torrent it. Don't give pirates ad money.

What matters most is merch sales, however. If you like a show, buy the merch first party, even if it's a little blind box keychain. Every bit helps.

The Titan

Streaming and piracy aren't the same thing. I'm not saying to pirate anime (I don't pirate) but streaming it is a lot more convenient. Streaming is watching a video online.  You don't create a copy when you stream a movie, cartoon or anime. So by definition it can't be copyright infringement. Thus not piracy. 

Toonami basically doesn't serve a purpose anymore. 

The Pope

Well, then you have long series like One Piece, Naruto, etc; if you don't want to watch the legal version (One Piece's legal rights seem to be topsy turvy these days and I think you need a subscription to either Funimation or Crunchyroll to watch them and fuck that noise), torrenting every new episode seems unfeasible. In that case, I'm fine with streaming on other sites.

Thanks for participating in the Faces of Evil / Wand of Gamelon dub! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

The Titan

I mean I get that watching anime on sites like kissanime is not a good way to support anime. If you want to support the anime you like, buy the Blu-ray seasons or purchase merchandise. Anime is expensive to make. It also takes a long time especially if it's a high budget. 

Heruru Meruru

Just don't watch with ads on, and if it forces you to turn adblock off, find another site.

SushieBoy

Toonami provides an experience more than anything at this point, the nostalgia factor has run dry now but there were tons of people who were exited to be able to watch anime on TV with this presentation/format again back when it was rebooted. Besides that they have aired shows before Japan like Space Dandy and FLCL. If you have to wait for streams/torrents to go up when it already aired on TV then that's a point towards Toonami. Also I don't really get trying to put torrents above streaming, both don't support the series, and also torrent sites/programs with ads are a thing just like ads on streaming sites. 

AND you can watch One Piece for free on Crunchyroll, it's standard definition with ads, but it's there.

edit: i thought this was the anime thread for a bit there

Thanks for your contribution(s) to the YouChew zine! Mega Man classic series complete Mega Man, Mega Man 2, and Mega Man 3 complete Metroid: Samus Returns complete Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid early Wave Beam You want it?  It's yours, my friend. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For completing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during our community challenge event. For completing all of the games required for this awesome award during the community challenge event. Winning Ghostly Art Contest 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks so much for your generosity! For taking first place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks a lot for your very generous donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Congratulations! For placing third in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 275,000 Chewbucks! For being on the Vanilla forums for 186 days before it was shut down The Lagomorphs love you right back. You deserve a medal, Doc.

thapoint09

I'm pretty sure the fact that people are watching anime on Toonami justifies its existence.

Thanks for participating in the Faces of Evil / Wand of Gamelon dub! For staying strike free for 5 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. August 2014 - "Lady Ski Conquers Compton" (Sentence mix-core) Best Musician 2014, Best Musician 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos September 2013 - Overall, Regular

Heruru Meruru

Yes, the block, especially Dragonball Super, actually gets really great ratings for [as]. DBS is usually the second highest rated show on all of television for Saturday.

They've also got dub premiers going for them. The HunterxHunter blu-rays are very far behind the Toonami broadcast. 

The Pope

What time does Super air?

I might consider watching it live (I tend to watch it on pirate stream sites shortly after the fact), but I don't know if I even have cable. My parents do so I could piggy back off them for streaming purposes, but I'm pretty sure my TV has no actual TV going into it.

Thanks for participating in the Faces of Evil / Wand of Gamelon dub! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

truteal

What do you guys think about Craig of the Creek? I reminds me of the parts of Recess I liked (kids having their own societies)

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System