SomeDudeNamedBermudez9000

Overused jokes in YTP

288 replies to this topic

HomerAlltheWay
4 minutes ago, imsofrek99 said:

probably stuttering

That's more of a poopism rather than a joke.

For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! MY CAKES WILL BURN! BREAKAWAY BUMPKIN! For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

imsofrek99
Just now, HomerAlltheWay said:

That's more of a poopism rather than a joke.

ehh yeah i know tho but still its overused

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Mackenzie

"ka- ka" (kakka [eng. poop]) in Finnish poops.

Nice job with "The Year of Brockhampton" article there. sometimes pizza times it sometimes it sometimes it sometimes pizza times pizza For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest! For taking 3rd Place in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest! Metroid under 1 hour Metroid 100% Metroid wall clipping If a picture is worth a thousand words,  does 100 image posts make it a visual novel? For having 10,000 words in blog entries! For getting 20 awards Spare change ma'am? Mmmm... Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 5 years. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Apr 2016 For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group Best Image Editor 2015
Best Image Editor 2016 I wonder what's for dinner Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For Five Illustrious Matches Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year You're a regular John Kerry May 2012 - "Break Bandicoot" (YTPMV) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Blockglitch
19 hours ago, imsofrek99 said:

probably stuttering

Stuttering can be used in multiple ways, for example in an awkward situation in a poop, the character will have something like a 4-frame stutter and the poop will just go to hell with insane effects and everything.

OT : Poops that are supposed to be comedic but have NO jokes at all. It's all effect spam. I've tried to avoid that, recently.

EditsOfGreatBritain

In Thomas poops, you are always going to encounter these jokes:

1. Sped up Thomas theme to the max amount.

2. Thomas was Thomas

3. O-Face

4. The Fat Cunt-

5. Use of the WTL Swear Pack, or the Breakfast song

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Brain rape/Rape-core) / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Classic) Top 10 Videos of May 2017 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year.

NKpower

One of them jokes that usually involve a censor bar covering somebody (usually a body part) to give the impression that they're doing something rude and inappropriate. Even worse if it's just a black screen covering the entire video complete with characters doing questionable acts via audio, in which to me feels pretty lazy and uninspiring.

For reaching this poop milestone. Submitting 100 videos to the Video System for organizing 5 successful collabs! For being part of the Recommended Poops of January & February 2017

and March 2017 For getting 90 5-star ratings IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT! For getting 20 awards TINY TENNIS RACKETS For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 +5 upvote status update within my unusual time frame. Sorry NKpower, I can't give credit. For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For the WarioWare collab! Wah! Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For collecting all the silver cards Best Newcomer 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2016
User with Coolest Signatures 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Coolest Avatars 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 For participating in ten successful collabs! For the VHS collab For the VHS collab Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

DSYTP
On 8/2/2017 at 2:55 AM, NKpower said:

One of them jokes that usually involve a censor bar covering somebody (usually a body part) to give the impression that they're doing something rude and inappropriate. Even worse if it's just a black screen covering the entire video complete with characters doing questionable acts via audio, in which to me feels pretty lazy and uninspiring.

You can instead blur the parts or pixelate it, are this overused?

Cosmic Collision

I never liked it when a person said a word with a "kay" sound and the poopster repeats it three times to make him/her say "K.K.K." Similar to 9/11 jokes, I found them very rude and just kinda lazy.

For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

NKpower

I'm not sure if this would count as an "overused joke", but I never found them jokes that use the sentence mixing technique to make characters say the opposite than what they've originally said in the source material that funny much (for example, "This is not a toy, don't play with it!" becoming "This is a toy, play with it!").

Aside from that, I've also never found these jokes where the YTPer uses the mirror effect to make a character or an object walk towards each other and then BOOM. An explosion has occurred from a collision. They're pretty predictable.

For reaching this poop milestone. Submitting 100 videos to the Video System for organizing 5 successful collabs! For being part of the Recommended Poops of January & February 2017

and March 2017 For getting 90 5-star ratings IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT! For getting 20 awards TINY TENNIS RACKETS For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 +5 upvote status update within my unusual time frame. Sorry NKpower, I can't give credit. For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For the WarioWare collab! Wah! Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For collecting all the silver cards Best Newcomer 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 For participating in ten successful collabs! For the VHS collab For the VHS collab Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

EditsOfGreatBritain
2 minutes ago, NKpower said:

I'm not sure if this would count as an "overused joke", but I never found them jokes that use the sentence mixing technique to make characters say the opposite than what they've originally said in the source material that funny (for example, "This is not a toy, don't play with it!" becoming "This is a toy, play with it!").

Aside from that, I've also never found these jokes where the YTPer uses the mirror effect to make a character or an object walk towards each other and then BOOM. An explosion has occurred from a collision. They're pretty predictable.

"PLAY WITH MATCHES"

"The village must've been walking into the reindeer"

Usually those jokes aren't funny unless you know the source material word for word or if it's exceptionally random and it comes out as awkward.

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Brain rape/Rape-core) / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Classic) Top 10 Videos of May 2017 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year.

TheWackyWeevil

I'm starting to get fed up of those poops when a character says "be a", then they repeat the be make it say "be a bee".

For being a part of the Recommended Poops of September 2017 Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 (Brain rape/Rape-core) / Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 (Sentence mix-core) / Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 (Classic) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year. Best Newcomer 2017 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 (Classic) Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

YTPNerdette
On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 19:22, GSgiraffes said:

I used to use legacy text (in some of my bad videos) and I really don't like it looking back. People use it too much, and it takes away from the visual experience some ytps have to offer. Sample Text

Using Titles and Text or whatever it's called is not as fun as Legacy Text if you just need a simple caption. However, Titles and Text is fancy when you need moving text effects done while Legacy Text just has deforming...

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 20:53, Sparkella said:

I don't know where the "WoW, hOW orIGINAL!" clip comes from

Not sure from which one of them but it comes from the BLONIC video series, made by the same guy who's responsible for "We Gotta Get Spongebob Back". Presumably the first one, though.

For participating in Chew or Treat 2017 IMPA Oh my goodness Submitting 25 videos to the Video System BUBBLE GUM AND TAFFY For collecting all of the candy hearts! I'm glad I caught your status update, cheers! For staying strike free for 1 year. It's got YOU written all over it! For collecting all the silver cards Best Newcomer 2016
Best Newcomer 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 (Sentence mix-core) Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

PancakeLord117

I'm getting tired of seeing Mario references everywhere, also the song "Spin Me Right Round".

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017

CODEREDJAROD

"Fuck Viacom" jokes. Like, we get it, they're a bit trigger happy with the copyright tool. Big deal.

For getting 20 awards For the Team Fortress II collab! For the Team Fortress II collab! The galaxy is at peace Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid 100% Metroid Prime 100% Super Metroid Wave Beam early Super Metroid complete Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Regular) For being a part of the Recommended Poops of June 2017 Best Newcomer 2017 Thanks for the donation. For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System SPARE CHANGE MA'AM? Hey, gimme a boost, Mario.

That's a lot of love! Eyelashes! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016 (Classic)

EditsOfGreatBritain

Most bad poops have stopped using the first few notes of Super Mario Bros for their mini YTPMVs, but now they have the first few notes of Jingle Bells! Deary me...

u142

I guess this isn't a "joke" (although humor was never the foundation of youtube poop anyway), but I hate it when people end their videos with "OMG I ARE OUT OF IDEAS". Like, your video would feel more complete if you just hadn't said that.

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year.

NKpower

I'm not sure if they count as jokes, but YTPs that use the forward/reversing technique to make someone say "yay" seem to be quite overused to me, especially if an image of Fluttershy is being used for that joke.

Best YouTube Pooper 2016

DSYTP

Do "lol", "wow", and "fuf" considered overused?

*To the above poster

u142
On 9/21/2017 at 6:23 PM, DSYTP said:

Do "lol", "wow", and "fuf" considered overused?

*To the above poster

Not the above poster (obviously), but I consider these overused. And in the case of "fuf", just sentence mix "fuck". No need to be polite.

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year.