SomeDudeNamedBermudez9000

Overused jokes in YTP

314 replies to this topic

Zygaphorym

Not particularly a joke but whenever an AOSTH poop has a 'Sonic Says' segment but Robotnik is in it and Sonic is nowhere to be found. Every single time!

For staying warn free for 9 years Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 148 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 148 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 148 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

SuccyLord

Vibrato + wave/swirl

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

lineofyellow5
3 hours ago, EditsOfGreatBritain said:

I'm extremely guilty of this 😜

me too :shrug: Keepeofporridge has got me by the balls

Matt0417

I'm guilty of this, but explosions for no reason. I mean, it makes sense if, in the source, something breaks or something, but I'm talking about doing them for no reason.

Sparkella
4 hours ago, totempolejoe said:

It's not so much a joke as much as it is a thing I see YTPers doing, but I don't like it when people add subtitles for their sentence mixing. Part of the fun of sentence mixing is figuring out what sentence is being mixed, at least for me. I don't have a problem with adding humorous subtitles to non-sentence-mixed moments, such as when I pointed out that Squidward's angry noises in "Idiot Box" sound like he's saying "Janis Joplin," but as far as literally spelling out what you're making the character say goes, I think we could do without it.

while I tend to use images as subtitles for spliced sentences, I defeind it because I find figuring out what someone's saying to be rather annoying and perhaps a symptom of bad sentence mixing. of course - your mileage may vary. perhaps what would be interesting is to purposefuly splice glibberish.

i find the twirl and bulge effects to be used a whole lot, accompanied with pitch-shifting. overused? yeah, I t hink so-- bad? not necessarily

Eat Drink CHEW Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of May 2017_2 (Sentence mix-core)

SuccyLord
7 minutes ago, Matt0417 said:

I'm guilty of this, but explosions for no reason. I mean, it makes sense if, in the source, something breaks or something, but I'm talking about doing them for no reason.

For me,explosions for no reason are like ironic spadinner.Yeah.

I’ll probably use them and use like a joke with a stupid text like “imma supper funner hahaha”.

So explosions for no reason are becoming like putting ironic pingas or gay.

DSYTP

Putting Metal Music without/with earrape, especially the parts with blast beats, as a jumpscare or annoying people, unless it's cleverly used. Like, we get that already.

SuccyLord

S_PsykoStrypes + a vocoder

IF YOU DO THIS,YOU ARE LAZY.THIS IS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE LAZY TO MAKE A JOKE OR FAST PACE,SO THEY PUT THIS.IT’S UGLY,IT’S KIND OF A FILLER.THIS PISSES ME MORE THAN MASKING AN ALREADY DONE GREEN SCREEN.

GSgiraffes
On 1/9/2018 at 5:51 PM, SuccyLord said:

S_PsykoStrypes + a vocoder

IF YOU DO THIS,YOU ARE LAZY.THIS IS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE LAZY TO MAKE A JOKE OR FAST PACE,SO THEY PUT THIS.IT’S UGLY,IT’S KIND OF A FILLER.THIS PISSES ME MORE THAN MASKING AN ALREADY DONE GREEN SCREEN.

Yeah, it seems like people are more focused on learning their plugins than the actual ytp process sometimes.

Hey, gimme a boost, Mario! Hey. You should have this again! For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! 

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of August 2017 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Jul 2016 (YTPMV)

CODEREDJAROD

Well to be fair, making YTP is a great way to practice and/or see what the plugins do. I mean after all, it’s not like there’s a  standard to YTP. that being said, I can agree that I don’t find YTPs that are just compilation of untampered GenArts and BCC effects to be very entertaining.

sometimes pizza times it sometimes it sometimes it sometimes pizza times pizza I can't give credit! For getting 20 awards For the Team Fortress II collab! For the Team Fortress II collab! The galaxy is at peace Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid 100% Metroid Prime 100% Super Metroid Wave Beam early Super Metroid complete Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Regular) For being a part of the Recommended Poops of June 2017 Best Newcomer 2017 Thanks for the donation. For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System SPARE CHANGE MA'AM? Hey, gimme a boost, Mario.

That's a lot of love! Eyelashes! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016 (Classic)

Matt0417

Color bars after something awkward happens.

BandanaBoi
1 hour ago, Matt0417 said:

Color bars after something awkward happens.

That seems pretty hypocritical coming from you.

Top 10 Videos of Dec 2017 For participating in the Spooky Poop Contest 2017 For participating in Chew or Treat 2017 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For being a part of the Recommended Poops of August 2017

Matt0417
1 minute ago, BandanaBoi said:

That seems pretty hypocritical coming from you.

I know, but did this thread demand you to stop using them? No. 

DSYTP
6 minutes ago, Matt0417 said:

I know, but did this thread demand you to stop using them? No. 

I agree, not ALL overused jokes are bad, if it is cleverly used and shows effort. (Like SuS jokes, Explosion, etc)

OT: The Game Over scene from Spongebob when Patrick was holding a gameboy. (IMO)

SuccyLord

The scene when the chocolate guy screams chocolate/3 days + earrape

its already predictable,it’s bullshit!