SomeDudeNamedBermudez9000

Overused jokes in YTP

334 replies to this topic

Zygaphorym

Not particularly a joke but whenever an AOSTH poop has a 'Sonic Says' segment but Robotnik is in it and Sonic is nowhere to be found. Every single time!

For staying warn free for 9 years Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 148 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 148 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 148 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

SuccyLord

Vibrato + wave/swirl

Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

lineofyellow5
3 hours ago, EditsOfGreatBritain said:

I'm extremely guilty of this ?

me too :shrug: Keepeofporridge has got me by the balls

For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Matt0417

I'm guilty of this, but explosions for no reason. I mean, it makes sense if, in the source, something breaks or something, but I'm talking about doing them for no reason.

For staying strike free for 1 year. For fighting the battle in the name of Poop Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018 (Regular) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Sparkella
4 hours ago, totempolejoe said:

It's not so much a joke as much as it is a thing I see YTPers doing, but I don't like it when people add subtitles for their sentence mixing. Part of the fun of sentence mixing is figuring out what sentence is being mixed, at least for me. I don't have a problem with adding humorous subtitles to non-sentence-mixed moments, such as when I pointed out that Squidward's angry noises in "Idiot Box" sound like he's saying "Janis Joplin," but as far as literally spelling out what you're making the character say goes, I think we could do without it.

while I tend to use images as subtitles for spliced sentences, I defeind it because I find figuring out what someone's saying to be rather annoying and perhaps a symptom of bad sentence mixing. of course - your mileage may vary. perhaps what would be interesting is to purposefuly splice glibberish.

i find the twirl and bulge effects to be used a whole lot, accompanied with pitch-shifting. overused? yeah, I t hink so-- bad? not necessarily

Best Newcomer 2018 For staying strike free for 1 year. Eat Drink CHEW Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of May 2017_2 (Sentence mix-core)

SuccyLord
7 minutes ago, Matt0417 said:

I'm guilty of this, but explosions for no reason. I mean, it makes sense if, in the source, something breaks or something, but I'm talking about doing them for no reason.

For me,explosions for no reason are like ironic spadinner.Yeah.

I’ll probably use them and use like a joke with a stupid text like “imma supper funner hahaha”.

So explosions for no reason are becoming like putting ironic pingas or gay.

DSYTP

Putting Metal Music without/with earrape, especially the parts with blast beats, as a jumpscare or annoying people, unless it's cleverly used. Like, we get that already.

For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the 2017 Chew or Treat Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

SuccyLord

S_PsykoStrypes + a vocoder

IF YOU DO THIS,YOU ARE LAZY.THIS IS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE LAZY TO MAKE A JOKE OR FAST PACE,SO THEY PUT THIS.IT’S UGLY,IT’S KIND OF A FILLER.THIS PISSES ME MORE THAN MASKING AN ALREADY DONE GREEN SCREEN.

GSgiraffes
On 1/9/2018 at 5:51 PM, SuccyLord said:

S_PsykoStrypes + a vocoder

IF YOU DO THIS,YOU ARE LAZY.THIS IS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE LAZY TO MAKE A JOKE OR FAST PACE,SO THEY PUT THIS.IT’S UGLY,IT’S KIND OF A FILLER.THIS PISSES ME MORE THAN MASKING AN ALREADY DONE GREEN SCREEN.

Yeah, it seems like people are more focused on learning their plugins than the actual ytp process sometimes.

Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For completing five multi-way tennis matches! Why, it's even got my name on it! For the History of Japan Collab! Top 10 Videos of Dec 2017_2 (Regular) Hey, gimme a boost, Mario! Hey. You should have this again! For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event!

You need to limit the times you eat sugars and starches each day. 

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of August 2017 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Jul 2016 (YTPMV)

CODEREDJAROD

Well to be fair, making YTP is a great way to practice and/or see what the plugins do. I mean after all, it’s not like there’s a  standard to YTP. that being said, I can agree that I don’t find YTPs that are just compilation of untampered GenArts and BCC effects to be very entertaining.

Australia, here we CUUUM!!! BWAAAH! For collecting all the bronze cards ...and smells like one, too. sometimes pizza times it sometimes it sometimes it sometimes pizza times pizza I can't give credit! For getting 20 awards For the Team Fortress II collab! For the Team Fortress II collab! The galaxy is at peace Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid 100% Metroid Prime 100% Super Metroid Wave Beam early Super Metroid complete Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Regular) For being a part of the Recommended Poops of June 2017 Best Newcomer 2017 Thanks for the donation. For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System SPARE CHANGE MA'AM? Hey, gimme a boost, Mario.

That's a lot of love! Eyelashes! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016 (Classic)

Matt0417

Color bars after something awkward happens.

For staying strike free for 1 year. For fighting the battle in the name of Poop Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018 (Regular) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

BandanaBoi
1 hour ago, Matt0417 said:

Color bars after something awkward happens.

That seems pretty hypocritical coming from you.

Best Newcomer 2018
User with Best Avatars 2018 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System I see you're enjoying those chips BWAAAH! Top 10 Videos of Jan 2018 / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2018 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2018 (Brain rape/Rape-core) Hey, g-gimme a boost, Mario! It's even got my name on it! Top 10 Videos of Dec 2017 For participating in the Spooky Poop Contest 2017 For participating in Chew or Treat 2017 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For being a part of the Recommended Poops of August 2017

Matt0417
1 minute ago, BandanaBoi said:

That seems pretty hypocritical coming from you.

I know, but did this thread demand you to stop using them? No. 

DSYTP
6 minutes ago, Matt0417 said:

I know, but did this thread demand you to stop using them? No. 

I agree, not ALL overused jokes are bad, if it is cleverly used and shows effort. (Like SuS jokes, Explosion, etc)

OT: The Game Over scene from Spongebob when Patrick was holding a gameboy. (IMO)

For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the 2017 Chew or Treat Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

SuccyLord

The scene when the chocolate guy screams chocolate/3 days + earrape

its already predictable,it’s bullshit!

Matt0417

Remixing the Super Mario Bros theme song from a second of footage.

KingofSp4des01

I’ve said it here many times, but screw it.

Acid Trips are the new Spadinner jokes. It is literally seen in almost every modern YouTube poops. 

Top 10 Videos of May 2018_2 (YTPMV) For your thorough work on the Chewiki For participating in the 2016 and 2017 Chew or Treat events! For participating in 10 successful collabs Submitting 25 videos to the Video System BWAAAH! For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Lucario

ravinrabbid123
On 28/01/2018 at 10:28 AM, Matt0417 said:

Remixing the Super Mario Bros theme song from a second of footage.

I've done that once in my early days. It taught me the basics of pitch shifting because it's an incredibly simple tune to work with, so you'll naturally see it a lot. 

BWAAAH! You can’t spell succesful without esful. sometimes pizza times it sometimes it sometimes it sometimes pizza times pizza For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest! Congrats on taking 1st Place in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest! Placing 2nd in Chew-or-Treat (2017) You're not afraid of DRAGONS, are you? Oh hey, you got 10 matches. Congrats! For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! You are victorious! You won the Match Voting Tournament alongside Gamebop! Well done! That's a lot of love! For staying strike free for 3 years. bubble gum and taffy Try it on, ravin! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards Best Artist 2016
Best Artist 2017
Best Tenniser 2017
Friendliest User 2017
User with Funniest Signatures 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018
Friendliest User 2018 Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016 For collecting all 60 bronze cards! it's only FICTIONAL MONEY Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa LaVie est belle ;)
Ninero
BeanosOnToast
NataliaHTTPS
Biodegradable Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments In the name of science Welcome to Outer Heaven. For coming in 2nd in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Best Newcomer 2015
Friendliest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year January 2015 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Paperking99
13 hours ago, KingofSp4des01 said:

Acid Trips are the new Spadinner jokes. It is literally seen in almost every modern YouTube poops. 

That's not entirely true.

While there are acid trips that use the same effects and music every time, there are also acid trips that go outside the box. What I mean is, there are acid trips that are totally new, and are completely different. They combine effects together in a way that is amazing to watch every time, and they look as if a lot of effort was put into them. Some people (like me) also make sure that each acid trip is different than the last.

If you're referring to acid trips with overused effects and music, then I fully understand.

For staying strike free for 3 years. Best YouTube Pooper 2018 BWAAAH! For getting 90 5-star ratings For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For participating in Chewloween 2017 Placing 1st in Chew-or-Treat (2017) For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! The birds...the birds...the birds... Best YouTube Pooper 2017
Best Tenniser 2017
User with Funniest Signatures 2017
User with Best Signatures 2018 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event!

I am Dr. Rabbit! Bubblegum and taffy EYELASHES! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 For organizing 5 sucessful collabs. For the Random Letter YTP Collab For taking 2nd Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest Thanks for contributing to Chewiki! For getting 20 awards For reaching this poop milestone. Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For completing 5 tennis matches. For buying out Morshu's shop! Mmm...Richard! For hosting the 9th Anniversary Art Contest! Lucario For staying strike free for 1 year. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of March & April 2016. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 100 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 (Brain rape/Rape-core) Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 For participating in over 10 successful collabs Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For the Peppa Pig Collab For the Peppa Pig Collab Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

MemeKirisame
15 minutes ago, Paperking99 said:

That's not entirely true.

While there are acid trips that use the same effects and music every time, there are also acid trips that go outside the box. What I mean is, there are acid trips that are totally new, and are completely different. They combine effects together in a way that is amazing to watch every time, and they look as if a lot of effort was put into them. Some people (like me) also make sure that each acid trip is different than the last.

If you're referring to acid trips with overused effects and music, then I fully understand.

But how do we compare them to experimental poopers like LinkOnDrugs and others? Sure the creepiness is obvious sometimes. Also, I need help finding trippy music other than BoC and Aphex Twin on YouTube.

For staying strike free for 1 year. Best YouTube Pooper 2018 Best Newcomer 2018 For participating in the 2017 Chew or Treat! For being a part of the Recommended Poops of October 2017 Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 / Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 (YTPMV) Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System