SomeDudeNamedBermudez9000

Overused jokes in YTP

333 replies to this topic

AmateurYTP

- 9/11 jokes in anything with an aeroplane in (Come Outside YTPs are VERY guilty of this)

- "ALLAH HU ACKBAR!" (I find this extremely unfunny, especially after what happened in Manchester, my own city)

- A nuclear explosion whenever anything falls (especially when it uses the same sodding stock footage every single time)

- (Guilty as charged but edging away from it) 'Tit' and 'tout' are getting old now

- Michael Rosen being a pervert. The odd one makes me laugh but it's a joke with his YTPs for so long now I think it's time to do something else. With his YTPs it's either him going on some brilliantly edited and original madcap adventure or boasting about what he did to the little girls. Whenever I've used Michael it's always been to interact with the characters of the YTP or relay a message. I'd like to see more of that - using Michael sparingly. After all, otherwise he'll just become as overused and unoriginal as everything CDi, if he hasn't already.

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

DSYTP

9/11 jokes are too predictable, "ALLAH ACKBAR" jokes included too. Offensive jokes (like the "N" word and homophobic slurs), if not creative, are annoying.

Top 10 Videos of Jul 2018_2 (Sentence mix-core) For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the 2017 Chew or Treat Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

DSYTP

That "Extremely Predictable/Predictable" Text when overused jokes (like Extra THICC joke) is used. Like we get it, it also feels lazy. (It doesn't mean this is bad, you just have to be creative)

Top 10 Videos of Jul 2018_2 (Sentence mix-core) For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the 2017 Chew or Treat Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Matt0417

Yes, self-aware sus jokes are pretty unfunny.

Also, "*editor name* has stopped working" jokes are really getting boring. Editors crashing and us not saving our work is a scary thought for all, but I find that the joke is supposed to be funny because it's a self-aware/4th wall AND relatable joke. Doesn't get to me at all anymore tho

For staying strike free for 1 year. For fighting the battle in the name of Poop Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018 (Regular) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

GameBreaker64

One of the jokes that I find unoriginal is the use of the song, "You Spin Me Right Around". It's been used so much throughout the history of YTP that no one really appreciates the joke anymore! "Ooh! he's walking in a tiny circle! This'll be perfect for a stupid song that no one likes anymore!" Honestly, I prefer the "Runnin' in the 90's" jokes better because YTPers these days actually add a small twist to the song that makes it funny in some way (say, a funny audio effect or a stutter loop)!

Anyone agree?

Top 10 Videos of May 2018 (Brain rape/Rape-core)

ThePixarlampDude

I hate to say it, but I think sex jokes or anything about jizz are just overused to me.

Top 10 Videos of Jul 2018_2 For your contribution to the YouChew Zine! It's yours, my friend. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

GameBreaker64
27 minutes ago, CartoonFan2003 said:

I hate to say it, but I think sex jokes or anything about jizz are just overused to me.

Definitely. I wonder how people like Jallerbo manage to put them to good use despite the fact that Sex Jokes are overused in the community.

ThePixarlampDude
Just now, GameBreaker64 said:

Definitely. I wonder why Jallerbo manages to make good use of those jokes.

I'll admit I like Jallerbo's work, but I'm not a big fan of dirty jokes like that.

Top 10 Videos of Jul 2018_2 For your contribution to the YouChew Zine! It's yours, my friend. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

GameBreaker64
1 minute ago, CartoonFan2003 said:

I'll admit I like Jallerbo's work, but I'm not a big fan of dirty jokes like that.

Me neither.

Nodog438

When characters from other material than the source show up in the poop, purely so the viewer can say, "hey look it's that character."

For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

EditsOfGreatBritain

Ok this is going to hurt some people, I'm sorry but I'm gonna say it like it is:

An experimental poop, does NOT mean a typical generic YTP acid trip with vaporwave music in the background. In the words of Simpsons George Harrison:

K12WCTJ.jpg

Bonus points for unoriginality if it includes someone filming themselves putting a cassette tape into a VCR or its sound effects.

For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Brain rape/Rape-core) / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Classic) Top 10 Videos of May 2017 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year.

u142
On 5/28/2018 at 6:01 PM, EditsOfGreatBritain said:

Ok this is going to hurt some people, I'm sorry but I'm gonna say it like it is:

An experimental poop, does NOT mean a typical generic YTP acid trip with vaporwave music in the background. In the words of Simpsons George Harrison:

K12WCTJ.jpg

Bonus points for unoriginality if it includes someone filming themselves putting a cassette tape into a VCR or its sound effects.

DEADASS.

I think that most media in general that is labelled "experimental" does not really constitute an experiment but rather simply conforms to an aesthetic of weirdness.

For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year.