• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
SomeDudeNamedBermudez9000

Overused jokes in YTP

255 replies to this topic

John Marston   
John Marston
15 hours ago, Paperking99 said:

I've been looking for that song for a long time! I've heard it in one YTP a couple years back, and I really wanted to know what it was. Thanks for finding it!

OT: You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) is the most overused joke in my opinion, unless you use a different version of it.

you're welcome :) also I think "MLG 420 NOSCOPE" is overused if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

For staying strike free for 1 year.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 16:17, Biodegradable said:

I'll stop doing it when it stops being funny. So probably never XD

lol

23 hours ago, John Marston said:

you're welcome :) also I think "MLG 420 NOSCOPE" is overused if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

Correction: MLG in general is overused.

Joosh   
Joosh

There's really no need to be consistently bumping your thread, Bermudez. If this was a collab thread, I would understand why since that is something with a deadline, but this is just a thread for discussing opinions on overused jokes. The Poop Talk section can be a bit slow so just be patient, people will get to this thread.

For having a blog featured HEART ON STICK MUST DIE I had a strizoke in my brizain. I wasn't sure how big to make the hole for the head, so I used a watermelon for size. For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Lucario AH NEED A MONSTUH TA CLOBBUH DAT DEH KIRBEH! Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all 30 silver cards! For collecting all 60 bronze cards! I'll have to give myself a promotion! For getting 20 awards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Participated in the 2014 and 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For clearing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door during our community challenge event.
For participating in the MK8 online tournament. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. Your generosity is greatly appreciated Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Most Helpful Member 2015
User with Funniest Signatures 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016 Friendliest User 2015
Friendliest User 2016
Friendliest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 The Second Anime Collab For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos 2.b.a. master Mmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Participating in 10 collabs with NICE PEOPLE! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

DiscoGlacier   
DiscoGlacier
On 4/3/2016 at 4:49 PM, potatoes said:

John Cena and that sad violin and piano song.

John Cena I'm indifferent to (and glad that the meme died down), but "Sad Romance" is the worst. As I've mentioned before, what ruins this song is overexposure: it's become so abused in parodies that it neither works for comedic nor sad moments, because the audience has become familiar to it, thus the surprise that aids emotional torque is lost. A less-familiar song would be far more potent, especially if it's more subtle.

YouChew University Best Image Editor 2017
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! I want candy, bubble gum and taf-DAMMIT! It's a little itchy... That's a lot of love! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Last post of 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing The Legend of Zelda Second Quest during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of October & November 2015. The birds are singing! Isn't it beautiful? User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Top 10 Videos of Oct 2015 / Top 10 Videos of Nov 2015 Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For getting 1st place in the Spooky Poop Contest 2015 Spooky Poop 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Five! MMMMmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks First to stumble in to a monster house. For having a blog entry featured. For your Dr. Robotnik end of the world picture in December 2012. For your take on A Troll In Central Park. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos OH LOOK WHAT GOODY-GOODY FAGGOTS

ravinrabbid123   
ravinrabbid123
On 17/04/2016 at 9:32 PM, Lovetoymonkeys22 said:

Spadinner

I can never have enough spadinner in my life.

You're not afraid of DRAGONS, are you? Oh hey, you got 10 matches. Congrats! For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! You are victorious! You won the Match Voting Tournament alongside Gamebop! Well done! That's a lot of love! For staying strike free for 3 years. bubble gum and taffy Try in on, ravin! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards Best Artist 2016
Best Artist 2017
Best Tenniser 2017
Friendliest User 2017
User with Funniest Signatures 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Favorite Staff Member 2016 For collecting all 60 bronze cards! it's only FICTIONAL MONEY Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa LaVie est belle ;)
Ninero
BeanosOnToast
NataliaHTTPS
Biodegradable Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments In the name of science Welcome to Outer Heaven. For coming in 2nd in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Best Newcomer 2015
Friendliest User 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year January 2015 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

13 hours ago, ravinrabbid123 said:

I can never have enough spadinner in my life.

DINNER

MAZZ0Murder   
MAZZ0Murder
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 4:17 PM, Biodegradable said:

Master Kaku thrives on this. I pull it right out of his own name.

Also Gilgamesh can do it too. I haven't tried Girugamesh...but that seems unlikely anyway.

It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

Waymu   
Waymu

Idk if this is still a thing but 2014 and prior was plagued with Blues Clues poops that all had the exact same joke "Here's the mail, it fails"

Wads of dosh Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For reaching this poop milestone. Submitting 100 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For completing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For writing 10594 words worth in blog entries. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Most Likely to Rule the World 2015, User with Coolest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016. Most Likely to Rule the World 2016, Smartest User 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Best Image Editor 2016
Best Image Editor 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for having 45 5-star ratings on your videos Have a Ratburn For fighting the good fight in the war against copyright. For what is probably the first 60FPS YTP ever made. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2013 - "Brett Keane collab" (Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 great head CHEWS YOUR RACER Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos December 2012 - Brain rape/Rape-core as promised. congrats on 5 matches! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

12 hours ago, Waymu said:

Idk if this is still a thing but 2014 and prior was plagued with Blues Clues poops that all had the exact same joke "Here's the mail, it fails"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvV0tdVF83E

This YTP from 2010 had that "Here's the mail, it fails" joke. Maybe that YTP started the joke.

30 minutes ago, Waymu said:

It's been a thing since 2008ish so no

oh

PrinceOfAllToasters   
PrinceOfAllToasters

I rather like Spadinner myself. It's not about the source it's about HOW you use it in my opinion.

I have to say though, Sauce/sos a little overused

For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! For staying strike free for 1 year. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops articles for August/September 2015 and May 2016. Best YouTube Pooper 2016 YOU'RE WINNER ! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For having a blog featured For collecting all the bronze cards mmmmmmm Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver Tier donation group For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Biodegradable   
Biodegradable
On 5/5/2016 at 8:40 AM, PrinceOfAllToasters said:

I have to say though, Sauce/sos a little overused

Last year, I would've agreed with ya, mate. But over time it's grown on me :P I only find it annoying if it gets excessive, but when it's executed well and done unexpectedly, I enjoy it.

GO and KILL! Submitting 100 videos to the Video System User with Coolest Avatars 2017
Friendliest User 2017
Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For receiving a candy heart during the Valentine's Day event! For getting 20 awards For meeting LaVie CestLol and ravinrabbid123 For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 For taking 1st Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! Congrats! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest I can do it, I can do it 10 times. For staying strike free for 1 year. For The Angry Grandpa Collab. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of May 2016.

and August 2017 FIVE! FIVE TENNIS MATCHES! HA HA HA HA!! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Hey, gimme a boost, Mario. For collecting all the silver cards Best Tenniser 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016
Friendliest User 2016
Best Image Editor 2017
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Best Newcomer 2016
Best Writer 2016
Best Tenniser 2017
Best Writer 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Regular)
Top 10 Videos of June 2017 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 / Top 10 Videos of June 2017 Congratulations on your first ever Writing Staff article, my friend! :) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

TheFreshKeeper   
TheFreshKeeper
On 27/04/2016 at 9:53 AM, Zygaphorym said:

I've never found RIP jokes all that funny. They're usually overly drawn out as fuck and don't add much to the poop as a result.

long but worth

On 28/04/2016 at 9:17 AM, Biodegradable said:

This.

--

One of the most overused 'jokes' for sure is the 

WHAT THE FU-- BWWWWWWAAARRR*explosion*RRWWWGHHHH KAABOOOOOM

typically laid over visuals of a nuclear mushroom or any explosion, ever. 

I'll also +1 "Spin Me Right Round" as that gets pretty tedious

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 03:13, Tapirtoon said:

This is a good thread if you want to know how to be as original as possible.

ikr

Biodegradable   
Biodegradable

Filthy Frank's "It's Time to Stop!" greenscreen joke is getting a little overplayed for me.

GO and KILL! Submitting 100 videos to the Video System User with Coolest Avatars 2017
Friendliest User 2017
Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For receiving a candy heart during the Valentine's Day event! For getting 20 awards For meeting LaVie CestLol and ravinrabbid123 For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 For taking 1st Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! Congrats! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest I can do it, I can do it 10 times. For staying strike free for 1 year. For The Angry Grandpa Collab. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of May 2016.

and August 2017 FIVE! FIVE TENNIS MATCHES! HA HA HA HA!! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Hey, gimme a boost, Mario. For collecting all the silver cards Best Tenniser 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016
Friendliest User 2016
Best Image Editor 2017
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Best Newcomer 2016
Best Writer 2016
Best Tenniser 2017
Best Writer 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Regular)
Top 10 Videos of June 2017 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 / Top 10 Videos of June 2017 Congratulations on your first ever Writing Staff article, my friend! :) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System