• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
Camamania

Favorite game of all time

56 replies to this topic

Ben   
Ben

Okay, if we're going to be serious, I already stated my favorites previously.

On 6/2/2016 at 5:51 PM, Ben said:

Top 5 Favorite Games? Alright, in no particular order:

Age of Empires 2
I'm pretty big on RTS games, and this one is just a classic. In many ways, it (Along with Starcraft) set the gold standard for years. Age of Empires 3 is alright, but nothing beats 2. I'm not holding my breath for a 4th.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
In addition to its massive replay value, it has one of the best stories of any game I've ever played. It really explores a lot of aspects of the Star Wars universe and The Force that haven't necessarily been addressed before. I could go on about this, but I'll save that for another time.

Ocarina of Time
Do I really need to explain this one? It's one of the best games ever made, both for its story and gameplay. Pretty much every 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time has tried to recapture some of its success. Also... (points at avatar).

Rise of Nations
An RTS game that didn't register on most people's radars, from what I can tell. I really don't know what to say about this, other than the fact that I've logged many hours into it over the years, and that it's still fun for me. Its a good RTS to pick up and play if you're not a fan of micromanaging resources.

Goldeneye
I admit that I didn't grow up with this game like most other people, but I still find it really fun. Beating Aztec on 00 Agent remains my greatest gaming achievement, for whatever that's worth.

Honorable mentions include Super Mario 64, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Call of Duty 4, and Fire Emblem 7, because others reminded me about it.

I guess if I had to pick an absolute favorite, it'd be Knights of the Old Republic 2, with Ocarina of Time being a very close 2nd.

Super Metroid complete You've GOT to be kidding Best Writer 2017 Millhouse, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you want ME more than you want this award. Season 2 For collecting all the silver cards For meeting Dark Fox! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For having a blog featured For collecting all the bronze cards Best Writer 2016 For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For releasing an article about the journey of entering the Navy. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Buffalo   
Buffalo

Heck yeah, KOTOR II could've been *by far* my favorite game of all time had it not been rushed with, what, tens of hours of content cut out, err whatever it was? Still an overlooked gem that will always be in my top ten favorite games. Like, I mean, the gameplay's so much more refined, the story's easily just as good despite what people say (sans the ending, man that upset me), and the new features are all fantastic. Because it was so rushed, though, I have to give the crown of favorite game to KOTOR I; other favorites: SM64, DKC 1, Melee, Super Mario World, Star Fox 64, most of the Star Wars: Dark Forces series (which includes the Jedi Knight games), Viewtiful Joe,  and AoE 2 are all close behind. You have good taste in games, Ben.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For getting 20 awards For meeting Jintai! User with Funniest Avatars 2016 For getting all the standard ornaments For clearing Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga during our community challenge event & placing 6th in the Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For staying strike free for 3 years. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. of the DK Crew. Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos for participating in ten excellent collaborations For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For getting first place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! ChewChew Rocket! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos December 2013 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Dopply   
Dopply

Super Metroid, without a doubt. It nails absolutely everything I want in a video game. 

Runners up are Super Mario World and Sonic CD.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. Granting permission for a card that was later dropped For releasing articles on YouChew's Best of the Year series from 2007-2015. It's gonna hurt It's yours, my friend Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For taking second place in 2014's Chew-or-Treat awards. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years User with Funniest Avatars 2014
Spirit of YouChew 2017 Spirit of YouChew 2014, Most Likely to Rule the World 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2015
Spirit of YouChew 2016, Smartest User 2016, Most Helpful Member 2016, Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - Sentence mix-core, Classic For the categories of Funniest Signature and Spirit of YouChew.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015 February 2012 - "Merlin's Penis" (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 215 days before it was shut down Cause he's Dopply!<br />
<br />
And for posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! Yesterday should count, right? For my cock. Obviously. A thanks to myself, I suppose, pardner. Miss10 gave this to me, and congratulated me. I felt special. For moderator service. For the most Fucking Horrifying Character in Rabbit's Character Study contest.<br />
<br />
Good work!

TugCoat   
TugCoat

Shadow of the Colossus, definitely.  Also up there are Super Mario World, Metroid Fusion and Pokemon Gold & Gale of Darkness.

There are a lot of popular games I haven't played yet, though...

For staying strike free for 3 years. I actually decided based on upvotes. That's a lot of love! WE'VE GOT TROUBLE Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thanks for the donation Testing the IPS 4.0 Update User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Best Newcomer 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year When you're chased by... For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! October 2014 - Sentence mix-core, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Ben   
Ben
5 hours ago, Buffalo said:

Heck yeah, KOTOR II could've been *by far* my favorite game of all time had it not been rushed with, what, tens of hours of content cut out, err whatever it was? Still an overlooked gem that will always be in my top ten favorite games. Like, I mean, the gameplay's so much more refined, the story's easily just as good despite what people say (sans the ending, man that upset me), and the new features are all fantastic. Because it was so rushed, though, I have to give the crown of favorite game to KOTOR I; other favorites: SM64, DKC 1, Melee, Super Mario World, Star Fox 64, most of the Star Wars: Dark Forces series (which includes the Jedi Knight games), Viewtiful Joe,  and AoE 2 are all close behind. You have good taste in games, Ben.

I came to appreciate Knights of the Old Republic 2 (or at least, what it was supposed to be) a lot more after I read a screenshot Let's Play that showed and referred to a lot of cut content. It really could have been amazing.

Jedi Outcast is also one of my favorite games. Not necessarily Top 10, but I just love the lightsaber combat system in it, even though Academy refined it. I should probably pick the latter up on Steam sometime soon, but I have no idea if a lot of people are still into its multiplayer.

Super Metroid complete You've GOT to be kidding Best Writer 2017 Millhouse, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you want ME more than you want this award. Season 2 For collecting all the silver cards For meeting Dark Fox! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For having a blog featured For collecting all the bronze cards Best Writer 2016 For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For releasing an article about the journey of entering the Navy. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

AGSMA   
AGSMA

Well, since now everybody is taking the thread seriously, might as well making an actual contribution.

• Zoo Tycoon: it's an absolute classic in every sense of the word. Easy learning curve, extremely flexible in terms of designing your own zoo, a whole lot of fun throughout the zoo's life cycle, and mods, lots of mods. If there's anything worth complaining is the terrain editor;
  • Streets of Rage 2: unanimously considered the best beat 'em up of all time, no question about it;
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater: being the only Metal Gear I've finished to date, I have no choice but to put it on my favorites because it's simply greatly crafted;
  • Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3: Yes, I know, the GBA version is quite dumbed down, specially when they added Yoshi's sound effects from Yoshi's Story, but that doesn't turn down a fantastic platformer. The Baby Mario gimmick is hated by everyone, but honestly, I think it what makes this game so great, because the sense of urgency is there and it ramps up the difficulty in a mildly easy game;
  • Beyond Good & Evil: Michel Ancel's masterpiece, even moreso than Rayman 2. Great atmosphere, great music, a lot of variety on the gameplay, the only downside being not able to fully control Pey'j and Double H, because that would make some fun co-op, as well the cliffhanger at the end. I will eagerly await for the sequel;
  • World of Goo: great puzzle, fun to make speedruns, very Tim Burton-esque presentation, all in all a great gem. I still need to go back to my mod which I left unfinished some years ago;
  • Rock of Ages: didn't expect to love this game when I got it as a gift. Tough as nails on the later levels, but the great presentation and humor captivates me and helped me with progressing on the game. Plus, Saturn is the greatest final boss period;
  • Space Race: say whatever you will about Space Race. I love this game after all these years and I cannot seem to get tired of it, not one bit;
Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

NKpower   
NKpower

I don't exactly have a favourite game of all time, but if there's a game that I had to choose that is my all time favourite, it'd be:

39154-Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(USA,_Europe)-8

I loved the visuals, the music, the controls... it's a type of game that I would play again.

for organizing 5 successful collabs! For being part of the Recommended Poops of January & February 2017

and March 2017 For getting 90 5-star ratings IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT! For getting 20 awards TINY TENNIS RACKETS For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 +5 upvote status update within my unusual time frame. Sorry NKpower, I can't give credit. For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For the WarioWare collab! Wah! Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For collecting all the silver cards Best Newcomer 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2016
User with Coolest Signatures 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Coolest Avatars 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 For participating in ten successful collabs! For the VHS collab For the VHS collab Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Morimoto   
Morimoto
  • Pokemon Emerald: One of my first video games I've played.
  • SimCity 4: The best (and last good) PC SimCity game.
  • SimCity Creator DS: Great concept, and I like how your city evolves over the age periods. Different age perionds, different playstyles and events.
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: My first Monster Hunter game, and I enjoyed quite a bit from that. MHGen felt a bit short but I hope MHXX adds more.
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Like the story mode. Also like Snake, one of my favorite Smash characters.
For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of October & November 2016 Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (YTPMV) Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For coming in 2nd Place in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For staying strike free for 1 year. For completing A Link to the Past during the community challenge. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

SomeDudeNamedBermudez9000   
SomeDudeNamedBermudez9000

super mario bros 3 no doubt

For staying strike free for 1 year.

trepmaws   
trepmaws

Mega Man X. Easy choice.

Honorable mention goes to Metal Gear Rising. If that still holds up as a favorite several years from now it just might take first place.

For staying warn free for 9 years Posted Nep Nep hentai For staying strike free for 7 years. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Meeting MycroProcessor Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Here's to another 4 years before anyone else gets it hooray!

AGSMA   
AGSMA

Nine months later and my list continues to be the same, though I'd probably add M.D.K. to it because man, the game's 20 years old and for an early 3D game it still holds up greatly.

Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

Theonlyguywhohascondom   
Theonlyguywhohascondom

THIS!

I adore everything about this game. The gameplay, the controls, the music, All of it. It's one of the best games SEGA made.

For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Doom   
Doom

I have no idea really, but Just Cause 2 and Civilization 4 are the ones I keep coming back to and playing the most.

For completing 10 matches. For staying strike free for 5 years. Lucario Best Musician 2016
Best Musician 2017 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For having a blog featured Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Whoa! You completed five. Here you go! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years August 2014 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest November 2012 - "Pay up." (Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core) Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos

Erazor   
Erazor

Nier is still my favorite game of all time. There's not much I can say about it that I haven't before.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Congratulations on finishing the first dungeon goddamnit. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Spooky Poop 2015 Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years SKINNER Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

CrazyJoeDavola   
CrazyJoeDavola

No fooling myself anymore. Kingdom Hearts is my all-time favorite game. I got it for Christmas back in 2002 along with my Playstation 2. In fact, Kingdom Hearts was the first Playstation 2 game I ever played - so these rose-tinted glasses are stuck on. 

I'm a much bigger fan of the first game than the series as a whole. Chain of Memories and II were enormous disappoints for me, and as for later titles, 368/2 Days is the one I find as compelling as the first Kingdom Hearts.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos February 2013 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Lady☣Venom   
Lady☣Venom

(I'll add a short summary as to why sometime, but for now...)

- Earthbound

- Yoshi's Island (SNES)

- Pokemon Gold and Silver

- Majora's Mask

- Sonic 3 and Knuckles

- MGS Snake Eater

For getting 20 awards Have some water of life! User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 That's a lot of love! EYELASHES For staying warn free for 9 years For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! User with Funniest Signatures 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016 Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For getting in the Bronze donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years October 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down