• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!

49 replies to this topic

AGSMA   
AGSMA

Saying that Sony is the worst movie corporation in existence is a bit of an understatement, since Sony is only the parent company. It would be the same as saying that Viacom and Comcast are the worst film companies on Earth.

I also have a bit of a pet peeve over Sony, specially when Columbia Pictures has a great film library that sadly turned into a file archive for the reboot machines. But honestly I would call it to be just as bad as any other major film studio. Disney thinks traditional animation is dead therefore remake the classics because nobody cares about them anymore (so they think), Warner Bros. makes a fool out of itself while competing against Marvel Cinematic Universe, Universal is quite possibly the least bad of the major studios but it still has issues, both Paramount and Fox's films are either a hit or a miss, with the executives being a pain-in-the-ass over creative freedom... to simply put, every studio, both major and minor, has plenty of issues and it's not hard to point the flaws, but in the end, even by boycotting their films, it hardly makes a difference when it comes to improving their own studios.

Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

Nozdordomu   
Nozdordomu

I can't tell if the topic question is overly general or overly specific.

Anyway, I'm inclined to say Fox, given how they acted with their Fantastic Four properties and how they keep cancelling all their good TV shows.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

retr0pia75   
retr0pia75
8 minutes ago, Nozdordomu said:

I can't tell if the topic question is overly general or overly specific.

Anyway, I'm inclined to say Fox, given how they acted with their Fantastic Four properties and how they keep cancelling all their good TV shows.

It's really meant to be from whatever point of view you want to go with. 

NitroEdits   
NitroEdits

I've had a grudge with Warner Bros. since Happy Feet. They made some good movies. But then they made Get Hard.

User with Coolest Avatars 2017 For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016_2 For having a YouTube Poop being a part of our latest Recommended YouTube Poops listing. (June 2016) Top 10 Videos of Apr 2016 (Sentence mix-core) For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Crazy Luigi   
Crazy Luigi

Honestly, there's different ways one determines bad companies. For example, I think Fox is the worst general company in terms of what they do not just for some of their own films, but also for their own channel. Seriously, aside from a few of their shows and the way they host football games, most of the shows they have either get canned way too quickly for their own good or are too stupid to actually warrant more time than they deserve, and that's not even mentioning their own news channels (although the local Fox News for Arizona is actually alright since they don't push their own agendas out too much). However, in terms of pushing out constant sequels, I'd probably have to say Universal for that, if only because of the shit they pulled with The Land Before Time, to where it almost makes the original feel like a fucking joke to want to watch it nowadays (almost).

BONES BOMBS LOCK UP THE THROTTLE For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Wads of dosh ALL THE LOOOOOVE For collecting all 4 Wonderball items. EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event!

For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments For completing Super Mario Land 1 & 2 during our community challenge event. For participating in ten successful collaborations You've reached 20 medals. This is now yours! Best Writer 2015 Friendliest User 2014
Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Writer 2017 Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Signatures 2014, Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 2nd in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For writing 15609 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Cake, etc. etc. Since it's inevitable, this is for the million that I got. I am a Writing Staff! :D

Also, you've done well for my niggaz writing this shit! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

LuigiGodzillaGirl   
LuigiGodzillaGirl
1 hour ago, Crazy Luigi said:

Honestly, there's different ways one determines bad companies. For example, I think Fox is the worst general company in terms of what they do not just for some of their own films, but also for their own channel. Seriously, aside from a few of their shows and the way they host football games, most of the shows they have either get canned way too quickly for their own good or are too stupid to actually warrant more time than they deserve, and that's not even mentioning their own news channels (although the local Fox News for Arizona is actually alright since they don't push their own agendas out too much). However, in terms of pushing out constant sequels, I'd probably have to say Universal for that, if only because of the shit they pulled with The Land Before Time, to where it almost makes the original feel like a fucking joke to want to watch it nowadays (almost).

My town's Fox affiliate doesn't even have it's own local news team.  They just simulcast from the NBC affiliate.

For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For collecting all the silver cards For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Designing card #41 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 252 days before it was shut down Enjoy your Kirby!

Erazor   
Erazor

I'm going to sing the praises of the first two posts and go with Sony. I can't think of any movie of theirs I've liked since Spider-Man 3.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Congratulations on finishing the first dungeon goddamnit. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Spooky Poop 2015 Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years SKINNER Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Crazy Luigi   
Crazy Luigi

You know, I forgot to mention that in terms of live action films, I think Disney's more of the worst out there since they lately either want to remake films they already did rather well animated (the thing they're doing with The Lion King and the current reactions here is enough to showcase that just fine) or the new ideas they want to do with live action are just complete garbage. Granted, I wouldn't be too upset if they ever decided to take a second crack at The Black Cauldron in a live action manner since it's an idea that could work rather well as a live action movie, but in terms of everything else they want to do in live action... it's just ultimately unnecessary on their end.

BONES BOMBS LOCK UP THE THROTTLE For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Wads of dosh ALL THE LOOOOOVE For collecting all 4 Wonderball items. EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event!

For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments For completing Super Mario Land 1 & 2 during our community challenge event. For participating in ten successful collaborations You've reached 20 medals. This is now yours! Best Writer 2015 Friendliest User 2014
Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Writer 2017 Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Signatures 2014, Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 2nd in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For writing 15609 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Cake, etc. etc. Since it's inevitable, this is for the million that I got. I am a Writing Staff! :D

Also, you've done well for my niggaz writing this shit! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

MAZZ0Murder   
MAZZ0Murder

I've always thought working for Warner Bros. would be nice so I'm okay with them...Disney, I understand, is a pretty snotty place, and though they make good movies I wouldn't ever want to work for them.

Sony is certainly the sloppiest, especially being hacked due to the Interview...

all of them have major issues, but for whatever reason I just seem to settle on thinking Fox is the worst one.

It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

LordSmeargle   
LordSmeargle

I'd hate to say it, but Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer has turned into this for me. Sure, they have amassed a library of films from other companies, such as United Artists, Orion and Cannon to name a few, but my core problem is that MGM has become somewhat toothless in recent times. By that, I mean they have been forced to lean on other companies to produce movies, let alone distribute them just to get by.

And even then, their output has diminished badly starting at the turn of the decade in 2009; for every James Bond movie and The Hobbit film series, the company has also been lumped with either subpar films (such as Zookeeper, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, and Hot Tub Time Machine 2), to remakes of movies (such as RoboCop, Fame, Poltergeist and Carrie) or films that are unable to stand out, as none of them seem to have been made by the company by themselves. MGM appeared to have run themselves into the ground, and I don't know if the company and Leo will be returning to their glory days anytime soon.

Although they are at least getting some brownie points for reviving Orion.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Oct 2015 / Top 10 Videos of Nov 2015 Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa For writing 10742 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Anything Goes 30-Seconds Collab: Second Coming Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years September 2013 - "From Wednesday to Monday" (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 14 videos

YTPanimedub   
YTPanimedub

Definatley Sony. barely a debate Feminist Ghosbusters? Shit.

So many bad AdamSander Movies. Emjoi Movie? ugggh and the other animated movies are hot, shit garbage.

At least 20th Centry Fox made good Planet of the apes movies and Star Wars.

TheOneManBoxOffice   
TheOneManBoxOffice

Sony. Specifically Columbia Pictures. Though they do release a good movie here and there, so far, their track record as of late is borderline abysmal, thanks to the Ghostbusters reboot and ESPECIALLY The Emoji Movie.

Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

TV🅱️🅱️RA🅱️   
TV🅱️🅱️RA🅱️

A tie between Paramount and Sony Pictures.

Looking at their lackluster results in these two studios' previous years respectively; the former includes branching loans from China for their bigger Hollywood franchise just to keep the studio on float, as well as horrid marketing for any of their movies (even if there are some good movies), and the latter that is run by two hacks (Rothman and Pascal); given the reputation they've shat out like Amazing Spiderman, Ghostbusters 2016, Resident Evil and Underworld, any Screen Gems black thrillers, and yes; their animation studio; especially with The Emoji Movie just being released. Oh yea, and also just as poor marketing tactics as Paramount.

It's sad that Sony is more good at their electronic devices; notably their video games; they do not sit well as a movie company anymore.

I'm more excited about the Second Dark Age of Hollywood at this moment... given the reboots, revivals, sequels, parodies, ripoffs, and just bad ideas all together.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

appdirect   
appdirect

I guess Marvel/Disney, their products usually end up being mediocre most of the time, stuff aimed at the lowest common denominator but they still get good critics and box office earnings.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

Sagan Blob   
Sagan Blob

Disney: Look, i used to love this company since childhood, but knowing that (especially 2016 afterwards) most, if not nearly EVERY Disney movies have a Certified Fresh rating on RT (which makes me suspicious that Disney is paying RT for doing that), and buying pretty much most people into (Marvel and LucasFilm, those are. Who's next, DC Comics? Nickelodeon? Amblin?) i'm starting to diss that company.

Columbia: Reboots, Adam Sandler, and controversy rubbish, blah blah blah. Look what happened to Genndy Tartakovsky's "Popeye".

MGM: Stupidity leads to miserability. In my opinion, MGM must not sold its pre-1986 library (Yeah, that includes Wizard of Oz and the original Ben-Hur) to Turner (now WB). Thanks to the opposite of that, MGM's beating its sister companies (UA, Orion, Mark Burnett, etc.) like a dead horse.

Franchise Pictures: From the studio that brought you Battlefield Earth 2000 and Ecks Vs. Sever.

Nu Image: Pretty much nothing but crappy action and/or horror movies.

Miramax: Oh come on. Do you have something else? A new one? I'm sick and tired of this company promoting the same films. All the time. Quentin Tarantino, Gangsters of New York, Life Is Beautiful, There Will Be Blood, No Country For Old Men, The Hours, English Patient, Cold Mountain, Gone Baby Gone, Shakespeare in Love. What did i miss?

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of July 2017 Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017 (Sentence mix-core) / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017 (Classic) It's a little itchy. For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year. For collecting all the bronze cards For taking 3rd Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest Top 10 Videos of Jul 2016 For participating in 10 successful collabs. Congrats!!! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Nozdordomu   
Nozdordomu

I'm pretty sure Disney's not paying RT to give them better scores. Besides, it doesn't work that way.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

TheOneManBoxOffice   
TheOneManBoxOffice
3 hours ago, Sagan Blob said:

Miramax: Oh come on. Do you have something else? A new one? I'm sick and tired of this company promoting the same films. All the time. Quentin Tarantino, Gangsters of New York, Life Is Beautiful, There Will Be Blood, No Country For Old Men, The Hours, English Patient, Shakespeare in Love. What did i miss?

Didn't Disney shut down that studio some time ago?

Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos