• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!

49 replies to this topic

Sagan Blob   
Sagan Blob

U.S. companies working with Chinese companies are just annoying af..... It feels that Hollywood is no longer Hollywood anymore.....

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of July 2017 Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017 (Sentence mix-core) / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017 (Classic) It's a little itchy. For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year. For collecting all the bronze cards For taking 3rd Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest Top 10 Videos of Jul 2016 For participating in 10 successful collabs. Congrats!!! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

TheOneManBoxOffice   
TheOneManBoxOffice
On 9/14/2017 at 6:58 AM, Sagan Blob said:

U.S. companies working with Chinese companies are just annoying af..... It feels that Hollywood is no longer Hollywood anymore.....

Overseas production is a normal thing, especially for animated films and shows, since they take longer to make than live-action.

Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

TV🅱️🅱️RA🅱️   
TV🅱️🅱️RA🅱️
On 9/4/2017 at 11:16 PM, TheOneManBoxOffice said:

It's been a while since my last post on this thread, but I too must add Universal Pictures to my roster. Adding to what TVB said earlier, they were the kings of the horror genre with the creation of the Universal Monsters franchise, and they've also created some of the most underrated cartoon characters back in the day in my opinion (Woody Woodpecker, Andy Panda, Chilly Willy, etc.). Down the line, they would even make some of the most iconic movies ever in the industry, from Back to the Future to Schindler's List, and let's not forget some childhood favorites that I still hold near and dear today as an adult moviegoer.

Now it seems today that they have been more of a shell of what they've been, and are now known for milking franchises to death like beating a dead horse (i.e. The Land Before Time, The Fast and the Furious, Child's Play), and for the creation that makes me want to kill myself, the minions from the Despicable Me movies. Not to mention, their parent company, Comcast, is one of the most despised corporations in the U.S. They're not as bad Columbia, and like them, they can release a good movie once in a while, but what they've been releasing as of late has mostly been rather disappointing.

...and to add to my post on Sony Pictures, I have to mention Screen Gems. To put it simply, for the longest time, most of their "gems" were more like plain old rocks.

I should mention that even though the studios I mentioned are my least favorites, as a film student and cinephile, I won't stop seeing their newer movies out of curiosity, nor will I not stop watching their older films.

Ok, you realize that I never stated that Universal killed a Golden Age of animation character. It's still going; albeit with a live-action/CG film coming next month in Brazil. Hell, in Brazil, people are eating the Walter Lantz characters up. It's like how Pakistan is obsessed with Betty Boop or how Europe is craving more Disney comics.

And besides that, I think Woody aged as poorly as Mighty Mouse or Betty Boop but has gained more success in other foreign markets.

And hell, they are even creating a family-oriented channel (competing Nickelodeon, Disney, and Cartoon Network) filled with Walter Lantz characters, as well as the properties from DreamWorks, Bullwinkle, UPA, and even Illumination. You're acting like a major studio killing your favorite characters from the Golden Age of Animation is making Universal a spawn of the antichrist all because of this or other Limp Bizkit bullshit.

And need I mention, you can't just wish for the studios to revive the Golden Age of animation just out of sheer nowhere. If anything, your favorites are available on any home media formats (DVD, Blu-Ray, digital download, Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, Crackle, bitTorrent, etc.)

Oh yea and wishing suicide on yourself only because they making more computer animated movies? I'm sorry; no offense, but you act like one of either the 90s kids nostalgia brats or any baby boomers out there.

#lewronggeneration

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

TheOneManBoxOffice   
TheOneManBoxOffice
59 minutes ago, TV🅱️🅱️RA🅱️ said:

Ok, you realize that I never stated that Universal killed a Golden Age of animation character. It's still going; albeit with a live-action/CG film coming next month in Brazil. Hell, in Brazil, people are eating the Walter Lantz characters up. It's like how Pakistan is obsessed with Betty Boop or how Europe is craving more Disney comics.

And besides that, I think Woody aged as poorly as Mighty Mouse or Betty Boop but has gained more success in other foreign markets.

And hell, they are even creating a family-oriented channel (competing Nickelodeon, Disney, and Cartoon Network) filled with Walter Lantz characters, as well as the properties from DreamWorks, Bullwinkle, UPA, and even Illumination. You're acting like a major studio killing your favorite characters from the Golden Age of Animation is making Universal a spawn of the antichrist all because of this or other Limp Bizkit bullshit.

And need I mention, you can't just wish for the studios to revive the Golden Age of animation just out of sheer nowhere. If anything, your favorites are available on any home media formats (DVD, Blu-Ray, digital download, Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, Crackle, bitTorrent, etc.)

Oh yea and wishing suicide on yourself only because they making more computer animated movies? I'm sorry; no offense, but you act like one of either the 90s kids nostalgia brats or any baby boomers out there.

#lewronggeneration

When did I ever imply that you said that Universal killed Woody? I was agreeing with you on how Universal was once the kings of the horror genre, and then throwing my thoughts in on what else the studio also accomplished, and how they haven't reached their high point since then nowadays. That doesn't mean they still can't make a movie that will make me go "fuck yes!". I have also never said they should revive their old animation characters. I do respect your opinion on what you think about the characters themselves. I also haven't heard of them creating a family-oriented channel with their properties until just now.

By the way, I wasn't, nor am I now acting like a 90s kid with nostalgia goggles on or some baby boomer. I have no idea where you're getting that from, but you can't be further from the truth. I don't have ANY problem with them making more CGI animated movies. I actually welcome it, so long as the movie itself is good. I am also well aware about how the golden age of animation are now released on home media. I have some of them on DVD, because I'm a collector.

For the record, I fucking despise Limp Bizkit with a bloody passion.

Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

KingGr33n   
KingGr33n

HiT entertainment and Jam filled studios fucked up Journey Beyond Sodor with the bouncing Trucks and trains, I'd say they're not my favorite, they're my least favorite 

For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Lucario

MAZZ0Murder   
MAZZ0Murder

Fox had some good hits... but overall I just don't like them that well anymore =/

It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

TV🅱️🅱️RA🅱️   
TV🅱️🅱️RA🅱️

If mini majors count...

Lionsgate - Sure there are hits here and there; but looking at its filmography like The Hunger Games, Gods of Egypt, Killers, Precious, Disaster Movie, Hostel, Alpha and Omega, Divergent, any Tyler Perry film out there, House of the Dead, Dirty Grandpa, The Expendables, The Spirit, Ender's Game, Norm of the North, Abduction, and the Saw films that will never end... it's basically the Cannon Films of the new millennium. ...not really a good sign. I guess I would give brownie points for buying Starz Media... but hey I'm an HBO person.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

TheOneManBoxOffice   
TheOneManBoxOffice
On 9/17/2017 at 7:42 PM, KingGr33n said:

HiT entertainment and Jam filled studios fucked up Journey Beyond Sodor with the bouncing Trucks and trains, I'd say they're not my favorite, they're my least favorite 

Aren't those television studios? 'Cause I don't recall them making a movie, and even so, they aren't major.

TheOneManBoxOffice   
TheOneManBoxOffice

Well, of course. I'm just talking about the ones he mentioned specifically.