• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
kingplatypus

Oney Plays

80 replies to this topic

kingplatypus   
kingplatypus

So most people here have been watching Oney's Let's Play channel over Game Grumps lately. If you've never seen anything from Oney, here's his regular channel, where he occasionally makes animations. As for this channel, if you haven't seen any series from it yet, best place to start is probably his Crash Bandicoot 2, Sonic Adventure 2, or Rugrats series. 

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

Fretless   
Fretless

I really loved the Crash Bandicoot playthrough, and they ended up teaching me something I didn't know, which was that the model names for the scientist enemies are obj_asshole and obj_motherfucker.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!

JimPaladin   
JimPaladin

My problem with Oney is that from day one, his shtick has really been way too tryhard, and seeing him in a more casual manner really reinforces that.  I don't hate him or even find his work/himself unenjoyable, but sometimes he and his buddies will default onto trying to say weird stuff and it ends up feeling akin to a bunch of kids walking out of Hot Topic screaming SPOON CHEESE because they're so randum lol :3

I mean my friends and I say really stupid shit, too, and we have a lot of dumbass inside jokes that aren't funny but we don't grasp so hard at absurdity that we end up literally having a brainfart because we're failing to put together a chain of the most outlandish (and yet still reserved) words we can think of.  They stretch their attempts at saying weird shit too thin sometimes and it comes off stiff rather than fluid, and this is generally the issue with Oney's humor as a whole.  He's a product of the newer brand of absurdist humor, with a lack of the finer finesse for saying stupid shit off the top of his head.

For writing the guest article "What is a Musical Leitmotif and How Do You Use It?" Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. For being on the Vanilla forums for 107 days before it was shut down

SushieBoy   
SushieBoy

With Oney Plays a big part of it is their delivery, I couldn't imagine half of what they say being as funny from other people. They still have some hilarious conversations, riveting hypotheticals like "would you rather squee or XD?" And "if you had a tiny clone of Hitler with all his memories, would you torture him?".

That tiny Hitler hypothetical has got to be my favorite episode yet, everyone just tearing apart Chris's stupid scenario while he adamantly defends it was a riot. I also eagerly await the next time any of them drop a "brown bricks" or a Chris-Chan impression. I'm surprised at how many people in their comments don't know what brown bricks is from, it's not an old thing at all.

Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid early Wave Beam You want it?  It's yours, my friend. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For completing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during our community challenge event. For completing all of the games required for this awesome award during the community challenge event. Winning Ghostly Art Contest 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks so much for your generosity! For taking first place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks a lot for your very generous donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Congratulations! For placing third in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 275,000 Chewbucks! For being on the Vanilla forums for 186 days before it was shut down The Lagomorphs love you right back. You deserve a medal, Doc.

Fretless   
Fretless
47 minutes ago, SushieBoy said:

With Oney Plays a big part of it is their delivery, I couldn't imagine half of what they say being as funny from other people. They still have some hilarious conversations, riveting hypotheticals like "would you rather squee or XD?" And "if you had a tiny clone of Hitler with all his memories, would you torture him?".

That tiny Hitler hypothetical has got to be my favorite episode yet, everyone just tearing apart Chris's stupid scenario while he adamantly defends it was a riot. I also eagerly await the next time any of them drop a "brown bricks" or a Chris-Chan impression. I'm surprised at how many people in their comments don't know what brown bricks is from, it's not an old thing at all.

That's another thing I love about them. Not just the hypotheticals, but they get so damn angry over little shit like that, it's hilarious.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!

SushieBoy   
SushieBoy

Their captures are so horrible it's inexcusable but also hilarious. I've watched the Inspector Gadget episode like five times already, so good. A bit disappointed Chris never dropped a Brooown Brick during this appropriate occasion, but oh well. I always look forward to Matt's presence in these, that fucking ending.

Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid early Wave Beam You want it?  It's yours, my friend. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For completing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during our community challenge event. For completing all of the games required for this awesome award during the community challenge event. Winning Ghostly Art Contest 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks so much for your generosity! For taking first place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks a lot for your very generous donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Congratulations! For placing third in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 275,000 Chewbucks! For being on the Vanilla forums for 186 days before it was shut down The Lagomorphs love you right back. You deserve a medal, Doc.

SushieBoy   
SushieBoy

A bit late on this but:

"They weren't little kids ever, because they were drawn as cartoon characters".

I've rarely seen other people share this sentiment and state it out loud. Of course it's from a fellow dirty Mexican, thank you, Julian. Now I'm really curious as to why he didn't want to say which character he wants to fuck the most.

Cantfly   
Cantfly

The good boyz discover a classic courtesy of Ding Dong

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Cantfly   
Cantfly

I'm looking forward to the inevitable episode where they do nothing but do Simpsons impressions and make incomprehensible noises for the entire 10 minutes

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

P-Dash   
P-Dash

I avoided watching these guys because I thought it wouldn't be funny at all, but man I was SO WRONG.

Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Prime 100% For staying strike free for 7 years. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

kingplatypus   
kingplatypus

Holy shit how did we never make this connection before?

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

kingplatypus   
kingplatypus

Oh god that ending

Spoiler

TWIN TOWERS WHAT THE FUCK

P-Dash   
P-Dash
On 3/13/2017 at 2:06 PM, Cantfly said:

I'm looking forward to the inevitable episode where they do nothing but do Simpsons impressions and make incomprehensible noises for the entire 10 minutes

Well, they finally did it.

You called it.

Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Prime 100% For staying strike free for 7 years. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

SushieBoy   
SushieBoy

Since Matt appears occasionally in Oney Plays and I love his presence I decided to check out his channel Super Mega and they're pretty funny, not as funny as the funny scream men, but Matt and Ryan have their moments. I then discovered several videos with Ding Dong and Julian as guests and they are absolute riots:

The Worlds Records video has such a beautiful story arc, they lost footage of the game already and and they keep constantly shitting on each other until Ding Dong goes on a tirade, quits the game and makes a Mii, all the while Matt complaining that he's going to be up until like 8AM editing the recording, hilarious.