• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
Waymu

First concert you've been to

33 replies to this topic

JayfromtheSun   
JayfromtheSun

If we want to get technical it was a friend's band in a roughly 20'x20' basement full of people. If we're talking like actual concerts, it was Skillet with a church group. I have the worst first concert, lol. 

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Posting after Dopply

Ben   
Ben

I actually went to see Skillet in concert for the first time a few days ago. They actually weren't the headliner for the event, so they wound up playing a relatively small setlist. I also waited until the day of the event to get a ticket, so I had to settle on a spot far away from the stage. Despite all that, I thought it was really awesome. It was clear that they were just having a blast on stage.

Super Metroid complete You've GOT to be kidding Best Writer 2017 Millhouse, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you want ME more than you want this award. Season 2 For collecting all the silver cards For meeting Dark Fox! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For having a blog featured For collecting all the bronze cards Best Writer 2016 For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For releasing an article about the journey of entering the Navy. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Waymu   
Waymu
10 hours ago, JayfromtheSun said:

If we want to get technical it was a friend's band in a roughly 20'x20' basement full of people. If we're talking like actual concerts

a concert is a concert, no matter the size

Wads of dosh Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For reaching this poop milestone. Submitting 100 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For completing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For writing 10594 words worth in blog entries. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Most Likely to Rule the World 2015, User with Coolest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016. Most Likely to Rule the World 2016, Smartest User 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Best Image Editor 2016
Best Image Editor 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for having 45 5-star ratings on your videos Have a Ratburn For fighting the good fight in the war against copyright. For what is probably the first 60FPS YTP ever made. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2013 - "Brett Keane collab" (Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 great head CHEWS YOUR RACER Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos December 2012 - Brain rape/Rape-core as promised. congrats on 5 matches! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

JayfromtheSun   
JayfromtheSun

Then my first one was Floodgates live at Justin's house, being pushed into a wall and having a fucking blast. I'll always love small house shows more than anything else.

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Posting after Dopply

Joosh   
Joosh

My first concert was when I went to go see Beatles tribute band American English back in, 2013, I wanna say. I even managed to get a pick that the guitarist used during the show!

For having a blog featured HEART ON STICK MUST DIE I had a strizoke in my brizain. I wasn't sure how big to make the hole for the head, so I used a watermelon for size. For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Lucario AH NEED A MONSTUH TA CLOBBUH DAT DEH KIRBEH! Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all 30 silver cards! For collecting all 60 bronze cards! I'll have to give myself a promotion! For getting 20 awards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Participated in the 2014 and 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For clearing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door during our community challenge event.
For participating in the MK8 online tournament. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. Your generosity is greatly appreciated Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Most Helpful Member 2015
User with Funniest Signatures 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016 Friendliest User 2015
Friendliest User 2016
Friendliest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 The Second Anime Collab For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos 2.b.a. master Mmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Participating in 10 collabs with NICE PEOPLE! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

EditsOfGreatBritain   
EditsOfGreatBritain

My first concert was in 2013 I think. It was Linkin Park at the O2 with support from Of Mice and Men.

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Brain rape/Rape-core) / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Classic) Top 10 Videos of May 2017 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year.

2xdinosaurs   
2xdinosaurs

My first concert was Flogging Molly around 2008? It was at the Palladium in LA, so it was a pretty small and intimate venue. I still have the shirt I bought there. But the best thing ever was when I stayed after the show, Dennis Casey, one of the guitar players, gave me his pick.

I've got it in a treasure box. Best concert experience ever!

It was great seeing them again this past Saint Patty's Day. I saw them at The Forum, it's crazy how far they've come.

So many pictures, so little wall space. This'll make a GREAT omelette! It is written, only Link can defeat Ganon SCRAP METAL! Look at this trophy, that you just won! For getting 20 awards Best Artist 2017

Favorite Staff Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Mmm... spare change? spare change ma'am? PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! bubble gum and taffy EYELASHES! i like you too millhouse (but not in that way) For service! For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For staying strike free for 3 years. For collecting all the bronze cards Best Artist 2016
Friendliest User 2017 For having a blog featured Participated in the 2015 and 2016 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For winning the Holiday Art Contest 2015 For coming in 3rd in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Thanks for the donation For staying strike free for 1 year.

UnknownMysteryMan   
UnknownMysteryMan

I remember seeing They Might Be Giants for a bit when I was young and at a Playhouse Disney-sponsored event (makes sense, considering the song in question - "Alphabet Lost And Found" - came from one of their kids albums).

For staying strike free for 1 year.

YTPNerdette   
YTPNerdette

Well it depends on the size I guess?

The first 'concert' someone has had and that I've seen in my school when I was a primary-schooler was some guy that dresses up like a pirate and calls himself Flintas. Also, that guy's 'name' is also a name of a boys magazine, and it makes sense because the publisher company has his 'name' on itself... Well, everything in there is taken seriously, like, this guy has his followers, a camp for the mag readers (boys) ...and still does performances for children to this day. I recall that I came to a concert of his that happened at the school I go to now to see what he's doing with the current primary-schoolers... when I wasn't one anymore. And yeah, I got some flak for attending this. I left the show with really wanting that poor guy to sign a useless piece of paper for me. Fun fact: iirc he's the father of our Junior Eurovision 2010 representant, whose (nick)name is Bartas (not sure if he derived it from Bart Simpson but who cares) and his real name is a name I wanted to see my brother have (spoiler alert: he was named differently anyway).

The first 'real-er' concert that I attended, which I would still legitimately call my first one aside from that kids one, was that one woman's named Asta Pilypaitė. Asta's a known singer in Lithuania and had a career in the 90s and 00s, but not really relevant anymore aside from appearing on some TV show where past Lithuanian music stars would sit down, have a chat and reminisce their old days of being in spotlight and stuff, oh yeah and sing each others' songs. She came to our little village to sing in that village's pseudo-concert-hall-thingy where other stuff happens too, but they mostly use that venue they have for music, dance and comedy performances. I watched this thing with two of my back-in-the-day friends and a supervisor parent (and maybe my sister, too). I had some evidence of this whole thing recorded with a voice recorder on my phone (that was taken away from me not even halfway through the show because that supervisor parent didn't like me recording the concert), but since it works no more, it's lost and forgotten...

But the first '''real''' one that I attended to and that happened in a big arena was Muse's last year. I talked about it too much on other social media that I have so I don't want to repeat myself much on how did I feel that night.

IMPA Oh my goodness Submitting 25 videos to the Video System BUBBLE GUM AND TAFFY For collecting all of the candy hearts! I'm glad I caught your status update, cheers! For staying strike free for 1 year. It's got YOU written all over it! For collecting all the silver cards Best Newcomer 2016
Best Newcomer 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 (Sentence mix-core) Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

banana cult   
banana cult

my first concert was a music festival, carolina rebellion in 2012(?) i was 15 at the time. to be honest, i dont remember much of it at all.

the first non-festival concert i ever went to was for ghost, i think? either ghost or the mountain goats.

For staying strike free for 1 year. For collecting all the bronze cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

NitroEdits   
NitroEdits

First and only concert i've been to was Kid Rock, with Foreigner as the openers.

User with Coolest Avatars 2017 For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016_2 For having a YouTube Poop being a part of our latest Recommended YouTube Poops listing. (June 2016) Top 10 Videos of Apr 2016 (Sentence mix-core) For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Rey_   
Rey_

First and only concert was a OneRepublic concert in Calgary, with Fitz and the Tantrums as openers. Amazing show.

For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 For staying strike free for 1 year. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Jacques   
Jacques

I saw Fountains of Wayne a zillion times with my family between 2003 and 2005 or so.  I'm pretty sure I've not been to anything earlier than that.

For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years March 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years GOOD BOY.