Kapten

McElroy Brothers

45 posts in this topic

Surprised we didn't have a thread for them already.

For the uninformed, the McElroy brothers are three brothers (duh) who mostly do podcasts. They all have good comedic chemistry which allows them to talk about pretty much anything and have it be entertaining. They're strongly involved with Polygon, the YouTube channel of which hosts their infamous Monster Factory videos where Justin and Griffin mess with character creation:

All their stuff is on their website for anyone who wants to check it out.

I can't be the only fan here, so yeah, anyone else like these guys?

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years August 2012 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Five of them videos uploaded.

Yes, YES! Finally someone here who also watches the beautiful boys.

I often stay away from rewatching their Fallout 4 videos, specially part 1, because the three times I watched that video in particular led me to a state where I was actually in constant pain while laughing. They're that funny.

Touch the Skyrim is also a great series. Car Boys is also fine, mostly because the physics help with the comedy, much like their latest Monster Factory video.

Still waiting for the uncensored video to appear online, somewhere.

Also, Justin's laughs are easily the best part in any Monster Factory episode, no doubt.

My favorite Monster Factory moments so far:

• "Hello, Metal Husband" and shrinking Trash Hogan and Final Pam into atom size in Fallout 4;
  • The entirety of Bort Sampson and Knife Dad's creations in Black Desert Online and Champions Online, respectively;
  • All Second Life users falling through the sky after Griffin deleting their own clubhouse's floor;
  • Dark Vader's hamburger orgy in The Sims 4, as well that episode's ending;
  • Bookshelf from Oblivion;
  • Killing Skyrim with a swarm of dragons and horses;

There are just so many great moments from this series that it's hard to fit them all in a Top 10 list.

Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

I just found this out.

This is just awesome.

Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

MBMBaM translates super well into television as it turns out.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Oh my God.

The new Touch the Skyrim episode.

What the fuck.

Best episode

Susan Crushbone is the trans representation we needed

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years August 2012 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Five of them videos uploaded.

Screw the 3310 remake, I want one that flies.

The perfect Tony Hawk playground.

This scene is perfection.

overlooked line here "how do i track this guy down and explain to them how resteraunts work?"

For staying warn free for 9 years For meeting Toony! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

But yeah, love those guys.

Best Artist 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 10 videos

How sweet it is that I drop back into YouChew and this thread is waiting for me. I love the McElroy Brothers.

I'm still a new MBmBambino but I've been engrossed in all of their Polygon stuff. I can't even pick a favorite because I love them all for different reasons; Monster Factory is probably the most funny, Touch the Skyrim is like an incredible journey, and Car Boys is going to accidentally create and then destroy an entire pocket universe at some point.

Griffin's solo stuff like World of Peacecraft is great too but especially with his recent episodes (and after the incredible Knife-Dad incident in Monster Factory) I think he's getting exhausted by his fame following him wherever he goes. 

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

I don't care if this uses sex mods, everyone needs to see this.

No Touch the Skyrim episode will top this one for a long, long time.

Also, FUCK YEAH!

Too bad it will interfere with sunday's PVKII Beta Testing, but screw it, I want to see this shit live.

51 minutes ago, AGSMA said:

Also, FUCK YEAH!

Too bad it will interfere with sunday's PVKII Beta Testing, but screw it, I want to see this shit live.

Everything—video games, the internet, the invention of martial arts and general human cognition—have been leading up to this fucking moment holy shit

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

My biggest concern is if either Knife Dad or G.A.R.F.I.E.L.D., or both, don't appear in this royal rumble due to WWE 2Kwhatever lacking any animal-themed cosmetics. The Pebble will be in this event, no doubt, and I hope he makes a surprise appearance up the stage, Vince McMahon style.

Okay but what if Susan Crushbone storms the ring in the biggest cross-company shocker in wrestling history, turning the event's fatal four-way into a frisky one.

What to not expect in a fight against Borth?

KICKS, from giant, meaty legs.

Full stream here, free of hiccups and at glorious 60fps.

To be honest I was a bit disappointed that there were only four matches and nothing else. I mean, they were all great, specially the Campaign vs. Toss Boys match (Panpan throwing Randyjohnson, holy shit), but I was expecting more characters thrown into this event. This begs for a sequel.

I am currently watching the entirety of Griffin's amiibo Corner and I am cracking the hell up. Everything about his delivery is perfection.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!