Kapten

McElroy Brothers

108 replies to this topic

AGSMA

There was a sudden peak of players last month, according to SteamCharts, which coincides with the episodes where the Blob is introduced in the series. You could say that the game had some influence but not by much, since the number of players have been growing gradually long before Car Boys has started.

For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

2112pk

i dunno guys, i'm not sure this show they made is worth a subscription service

For staying warn free for 9 years For meeting Toony! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

AGSMA

Man, I'm going to miss Car Boys a lot.

For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

AGSMA

Take notes, Nintendo. This is how the next Animal Crossing should look like.

SharkhamAsylum

Remember when Car Boys was just about two sweet young gentlemen playing a fun car game and Touch the Skyrim was just about funny modifications? Now it's all time-warping sacrifices and incomprehensible hell-things and tableaus that would make David Foster Wallace shit his pants.

but i fuckin love it

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

AGSMA

Sweeps Week comes to an end.

Monster Factory's biggest story arc to date, unless we count The Boy-Mayor of Second Life episode as part of Second Life, Second Chances.

Spoiler

We Golden Bears

AGSMA

Super Mario Forces confirmed.

Also, Retarded Luigi at 10:18

Edit: holy shit Waluigi is now the Royco Cup-a-Soup guy!

Maq

I've been meaning to get into a lot of Polygon/McElroy stuff for a while now, I've started watching some recent videos with Nick and Griffin and I like them a lot. Griffin's laugh is so adorable lol. I should probably watch more of their popular series, maybe Car Boys.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

Deaniac

Up to now I've mostly just watched Griffin McElroy's content on YouTube and I'd like to get into more McElroy Brothers stuff, but I don't know where to start. I'd liked to listen to My Brother My Brother and Me but it's up to 300+ episodes now so that's kind of intimidating.

Any series or podcasts in particular that I should begin to get started? 

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

Maq

Monster Factory is their most popular series I think. Basically just fucking around in games with character customization like Fallout 4. And the Black Desert one was where the "Just like Bart" meme came from lol.

Also has this been posted yet

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

SharkhamAsylum
Just now, Deaniac said:

Up to now I've mostly just watched Griffin McElroy's content on YouTube and I'd like to get into more McElroy Brothers stuff, but I don't know where to start. I'd liked to listen to My Brother My Brother and Me but it's up to 300+ episodes now so that's kind of intimidating.

Any series or podcasts in particular that I should begin to get started? 

I'm a late-comer to My Brother, My Brother, and Me, too; I think I jumped in when they were at 325 or so. Don't think it's a serial podcast: jumping in late is totally fine, worst case scenario you may miss some throwback goofs but it's no big deal. I listened to the new ones as they came out and gradually worked my way backwards to about 270 or so and stopped there. All of the best goofs from the earlier years I've listened to as clips on YouTube. Whatever you do, do not start from the absolute beginning. Even the McElroys themselves have lamented about how shitty they were back then.

The Adventure Zone is my favorite of theirs, actually, because 1) Griffin is really good at storytelling, 2) Clint McElroy adds so much charm to the group that I actually really miss him when I listen to MBMBaM, 3) All of the McElroys seem to be even funnier while playing their characters, and 4) I really love seeing this whole family weave a grand narrative together and you get to see their talents shine through in ways you don't often get to see on just their flat-premise stuff.

Those are "the big two." Each of the brothers has a number of other podcasts they do; each one has one with their own wife (Griffin's is Rose Buddies which is about The Bachelor and related shows, Travis's is Schmanners and it's about etiquette, and Justin's is Sawbones which is about wet and wild medical history) as well as other random projects like Travis's pulled-from-the-headlines Trends Like These which he does with Brent "Brentalfloss" Black (and as someone who was a fan of Brent when he first started making content but kind of fell away, it was a wild blast from the past to not only see this guy again, but to find out he and Travis are buds?). Travis actually has, like...so many fucking podcasts he does. It's all at www.mcelroyshows.com.

Obviously you don't have to listen to all of them because it is so much fucking content. They're all just podcasts at the end of the day, listen to the ones that appeal to you.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

AGSMA

I installed iTunes on my PC just to listen to MBMBaM and CoolGames Inc.. You can catch CoolGames with ease since they're on their 56th episode or so. I've only catched MBMBaM starting with their live show at the Paramount Theater in Austin, Texas. Still looking forward to listen to the episodes from five years ago or so. They have such ludicrous moments.

I listened to the very first episode of The Adventure Zone a while ago and honestly it bored me a little bit, probably because episode 1 is almost two-hours long. The animated videos makes me want to listen to it, but having to listen to the whole series chronologically can be a bit of a nuisance.

SharkhamAsylum
9 hours ago, AGSMA said:

I listened to the very first episode of The Adventure Zone a while ago and honestly it bored me a little bit, probably because episode 1 is almost two-hours long. The animated videos makes me want to listen to it, but having to listen to the whole series chronologically can be a bit of a nuisance.

It starts slow but gets immensely better once Griffin very clearly begins to diverge from the pre-published adventure.

And they have an "Episode 1.5" cut that skips the character creation and goes right to the adventure.

Robotic

TAZ is great, but yeah, it takes a cold minute to get to the good stuff. Where it goes from there is crazy though.

Anyway, here's Soup Boys aka dilberts_dick.flv

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

SharkhamAsylum

Tara Long is secretly the funniest person at Polygon, I swear.

Also: Nick???? Why are you wearing socks??? In a hot tub????

Also also: The best part of this video is actually every time you can hear Justin lose his shit off-screen.

AGSMA

Justin losing it on camera is always a sight to behold. He goes from white to straight-up tomato in just a couple of seconds.

Maq

I love this video lmao

THE THREE BALLS ARE BACK IN THEIR ORIGINAL CUPS

AGSMA

The spiritual successor to Car Boys is here!

Exploiting the crap out of Dolphin sure has a lot of potential.

Maq

So I'm just starting Car Boys (yeah I know, shame on me) and it's fuckin 41 episodes??? It really is like Homestuck. I should just skip to act 5 to get to the trolls.