• Announcements

• Whelt

Regarding the recent update   07/20/2017

As you may be aware, the forum software underwent an update that turned out to be somewhat buggy. We rolled back the update for now, and will plan on making a more smooth transition later on in the future. In the meantime, you may notice the forum loading slowly as a lot of processes are running right now. We ask for your continued patience, and apologize for any inconvenience.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MRINSTRUCTIONBOOK

Sony Vegas doesn't import MP4 anymore. :(

5 posts in this topic

Please help me, I am in need of finishing a project as soon as Possible.

Sony Vegas is not importing Mp4 files anymore although it used too. I have the latest Quicktime for Windows XP installed but that has not solved my problem. When I import MP4 on one version of Vegas it says "An error occurred during the operation an exception is occurred and freezes instantly.
If I import MP4 on another copy of Sony Vegas or any other Apple playable files for this matter, the playback preview turns out pixellated, glitchy  and blurry.

I need an alternative because Imovie 10 sucks and can't even process any exports any more. It is just taking to long. Mind you I know my newest project is a 2 hour movie, but I haven't had this much issue before saving a film as long as this that i've made.
I know they have been filmed in 1080p and HD but that has never been a problem for me before and I usually just convert through Sony Vegas to make the file size smaller to fit on DVD anyway but unfortunately now I can't do that! What should I do please helpz

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 258 days before it was shut down

Does your file play correctly in Media Player? Just wanting to know whether or not the problem is with the file itself.

For having a blog featured HEART ON STICK MUST DIE I had a strizoke in my brizain. I wasn't sure how big to make the hole for the head, so I used a watermelon for size. For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Lucario AH NEED A MONSTUH TA CLOBBUH DAT DEH KIRBEH! Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all 30 silver cards! For collecting all 60 bronze cards! I'll have to give myself a promotion! For getting 20 awards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Participated in the 2014 and 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For clearing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door during our community challenge event.
For participating in the MK8 online tournament. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. Your generosity is greatly appreciated Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Most Helpful Member 2015
User with Funniest Signatures 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016 Friendliest User 2015
Friendliest User 2016
Friendliest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 The Second Anime Collab For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos 2.b.a. master Mmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Participating in 10 collabs with NICE PEOPLE! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

K-Lite Codec Pack

This thing helped me out in 2014 or so with a certain file format. Granted, it wasn't the file format you were talking about, but this might help you. If it doesn't, at least your codecs will be updated to the latest stable version.

For staying strike free for 1 year. Top 10 Videos of May 2016

Hello. Thanks for your responses.

Joosh - yes they do. They play fine.  It only has issues importing into Vegas.

Expression - That's what it was called and I forgot what it was. I think I tried to install it before but somehow erased it. I'll see if this fixes my issue. I'll get back

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 258 days before it was shut down

Hey guys.

I downloaded the K Lite Codec pack. This is weird because it used to work on my Laptop but now it doesn't.

After installing it imports SOME m4v files, but not all.

Also, Mp4 still doesn't work.

"None of the files dropped could be opened"