totempolejoe

The Wikipedia Collab (Signups Open)

11 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone!

In celebration of my recent rekindling of my YTP hobby as well as hitting 100 subscribers (a long-ass time ago, probably), I'm pleased to announce my first ever YTP collaboration project: The Wikipedia Collab!

How It Works:

Go on Wikipedia, click "Random article", copy the title of that article, paste it into the YouTube search bar, take the top video result of that search, and use that video as your only source. That means no using other video or audio clips for your edits. HOWEVER, you can still use multiple sources as long as you repeat the process above to get your videos. 

Rules:

1. There is no limit to how many sources you use as long as they are found via the method above.
2. Include the Wikipedia article(s) you discovered in your sign-up post in a separate post before your entry. I changed this rule because I feel it will be easier for everybody to generate articles on their own time than to make everyone do it automatically. You are still open to putting the articles in your sign-up post if you want to, however.
3. Entries must be between 30 seconds and 3 minutes long.
4. Watermark your entry in the bottom-right corner.
5. Upload your finished entry via Media Fire or Mega or whatever file sharing site you use and post the link in this topic.
6. Please don't use slurs in your video.
7. If you're listed as a "maybe" after the sign-up deadline, you will be removed from the list and your entry will not be put in the collab.

Notes:

-If you don't get any video results with the title you searched with, that's fine; just discard it and try again.
-Remember, the point of this isn't to keep clicking the button until you get a source you like; it's to get you to make videos with sources you'd never think of using in ways you haven't thought of doing before.

Deadlines:

Sign-Up Deadline: June 9th, 2017, 11:59:59 PM Central Time
Submission Deadline: June 30th, 2017, 11:59:59 PM Central Time

I hope you have fun making your entries! Good luck!

Participant List:

-totempolejoe (Rig 'n' RollJamboree (1944 film)KZSQ-FM)
-Ian O'Keefe
-mapo
-Blockglitch (Lambda Cygni)
-Swiggy (Black Swan (film)...a milicija trenira strogoću! (i druge pjesmice za djecu))

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 10 videos

Count me in, I'll join :D

For receiving a candy heart during the Valentine's Day event! For staying strike free for 1 year.

1 hour ago, Ian O'Keefe said:

Count me in, I'll join :D

Please list the Wikipedia articles you will be using

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 10 videos

Interesting idea...

I'll join!

Submitting 100 videos to the Video System User with Funniest Avatars 2017 Best Newcomer 2017
User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 donation_award_notes Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016 (Brain rape/Rape-core) Top 10 Videos of Jul 2016 Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Lucario Congrats on 5 matches! Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Best Newcomer 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2016 For collecting all the bronze cards Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

4 hours ago, mapo said:

Interesting idea...

I'll join!

Friendly reminder to everyone to please list the articles you will be using for your video in the sign-up post you make

I CHANGED ONE OF THE RULES.

You can now share all of your articles in any post that comes before the actual entry. The purpose of doing it the old way was to try holding people accountable for the articles they found. I think the new way allows people more freedom to generate the articles on their own time as opposed to doing it immediately.