Powder

Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku

31 replies to this topic

Erazor

Who else picked up Kiwami today? Fabulous so far.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Congratulations on finishing the first dungeon goddamnit. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Spooky Poop 2015 Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years SKINNER Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Countsmegula

Hoo boy, once the game let me off the leash with all the story and tutorials, I've been doing nothing but sidestories and minigames. 

Not as much stuff as Yakuza 0 and especially Yakuza 5 but for £30 there's plenty of good shit right here.

For getting 20 awards Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying strike free for 5 years. That's a lot of love! Aww, thanks for inviting me over... and for not asking me to clean your room! I have to use a lifeline. For collecting all the silver cards. For collecting all the bronze cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group Spooky Poop 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For clearing Sonic 1 & 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos June 2013 - "Game Grumps Shirt Ads Prove Popular with Male Teenagers" (Regular) June 2013 - Overall, Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

SeductiveBaz

I also got Kiwami a few days early which was nice. I'm so used to the original from playing it so many times that some of the changes they've made to the first few chapters initially rubbed me up the wrong way, at least in terms of pacing and new things being injected right into the middle of the original's story beats, but some of them are also really good. The Majima Everywhere system is really fun but I'm a little wary that a few of the original story points further on are going to be impacted pretty negatively by it.

But yeah overall the game's pretty... hot so far -

Spoiler

tumblr_ovd7n1gh1n1s3t6r6o3_1280.jpg

Member with Funniest Posts 2017 For staying warn free for 9 years For getting 20 awards For completing Super Mario Bros. during our community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 2 during the community challenge event. August 2014 - "Seductive Haz Been" (Brain rape/Rape-core) Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2014, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the category of Funniest Avatars.
User with Funniest Avatars 2014 March 2012 - Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 246 days before it was shut down Da I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS IS FOR! Ten. Five. 100% pink man For servicing all of us. Ribbit fuckin' Ribbit! For giving me a treat. Purr.

Erazor

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Majima appearing throughout the city was not in the original (not having played the first two unfortunately), but it's a nice addition. Albeit it's an addition that doesn't make much sense in the context of the story.

The writing is, of course, top notch. Kazuma's exchanges with Shinji right in the beginning actually had me laughing out loud.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Congratulations on finishing the first dungeon goddamnit. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Spooky Poop 2015 Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years SKINNER Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Erazor

I just pulled that same heat attack for the first time yesterday. I picked up the umbrella in beast mode and just mashed the button as soon as I saw the prompt.

I have to say being able to change styles on the fly is the best thing.

Maq

I picked up Kiwami the other day but I haven't played it yet due to uh, life stuff. I didn't beat 0 so does it matter if I still play this? lol

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

Powder
On 9/7/2017 at 7:35 AM, Maq said:

I picked up Kiwami the other day but I haven't played it yet due to uh, life stuff. I didn't beat 0 so does it matter if I still play this? lol

Nah, not at all. 0's a prequel.

As for me I still don't have Kiwami lol ( ´_ノ` )
i'll see if i get it in the future as a gift

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Did someone say Thanks for being Strike-Free for three years! Keep it up! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

TheBlackWidow

I haven't played Yakuza before but I know them from Project X Zone.

Is it similar to GTA/Sleeping Dogs with like, lots of npc's that have lots of dialogue and like...night/day system, places to go, things to do, SEGA easter eggs, etc?

Powder

Funny thing... Sleeping Dogs is the ripoff of Yakuza! ;)

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Did someone say Thanks for being Strike-Free for three years! Keep it up! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year